• Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Kishi
    • Roberts

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was a dire game but the most talented team got the result deserved.

It was dire but are Bolton WIMBELDON IN DISGIUSE ! Big hoof upto Davies their only tactic ...pathetic!

None of our English lads did themselves any good but Hughes continual loyalty to Benni Macarthy defies belief.

Grateful for the three points but Bolton are rubbish.

Just got to repeat myself!

Oh well, complete rubbish game according to the Radio 5 commentary, but having done the first post on this thread that was no surprise. Bolton have been playing ugly football all season and to expect Rovers to turn up and switch on the illuminations was a very tall order.

Bolton are currently playing like Wimbledon used to do when they were in the top flight. "They drag you down to your level and beat you with experience."

That's the first time Bolton have lost at home under Megson, so we can grab that tiny trophy.

That's three league wins on the bounce, and with the Smoggies coming to Ewood next week it should (hopefully) be four.

The best bit of it all for me is that we have once again come from behind to grab (a) point(s.) We did it today; at Derby; against Newcastle; at City and probably a few others. I think that speaks volumes for the work ethic & spirit of the team.

Oh well, complete rubbish game according to the Radio 5 commentary, but having done the first post on this thread that was no surprise. Bolton have been playing ugly football all season and to expect Rovers to turn up and switch on the illuminations was a very tall order.

Bolton are currently playing like Wimbledon used to do when they were in the top flight. "They drag you down to your level and beat you with experience."

That's the first time Bolton have lost at home under Megson, so we can grab that tiny trophy.

That's three league wins on the bounce, and with the Smoggies coming to Ewood next week it should (hopefully) be four.

The best bit of it all for me is that we have once again come from behind to grab (a) point(s.) We did it today; at Derby; against Newcastle; at City and probably a few others. I think that speaks volumes for the work ethic & spirit of the team.

Yes, confidence, now is the time to collect points and build some much needed belief.

Reasons why Hughes won't go:

Knows he's second choice.

Will have to live under Shearer's shadow.

Won't be able to run the club like he runs Blackburn.

Still some unfinished business here at Blackburn.

Won't have the support up at Newcastle like he does at Blackburn.

Would it be completely unbelievable that Hughes isn't ruling out a move to Newcastle to get a reaction out of the board? Hughes obviously wants more money to spend on players and I feel it could be a power play of sorts to get some money in the transfer kitty. ?

..but his interviews suggest otherwise.

and i think he realises that if he does make newcastle a force and win a cup or two and get them challenging for champions league spots, he will be well in line to take over at man u or another top club. if he carries on doing a great job with us but not really winning much and having to operate on a shoestring, the big clubs will always look for a more high profile appointment.

Add to that Newcastle fans dont want him.

Now i know i'm not an established member on here, more of a long time lurker, but i have to say something.

There are a lot of arseholes on here.

I live in London now, went to the pub to watch the match and thought the first half was uneventful, and they were lucky to go in 1 up at half time - good goal but noone really running the match.

Reading back through the posts here, the amount of idiots suggesting that the possibility of hughes going to newcastle being a good thing and other such posts are staggering.

We went in 1 down to a decent goal, but we weren't exactly up against the cosh.

2nd half we were on top and Roberts did exceptionally when he came on, his hold up play was second to none and i was so happy for him when he scored (i feel he has a future at rovers should he want it)

Sorry for the language, but i hate people jumping on things, making snap opinions, i hate the 'Hughes Out' thread and i feel that if he were to go, he'd take a few players with him and we'd be so much worse off....

Well said Sir!

I can't be arsed evening reading back through this thread - I know what I'll see anyway. We go one nil down. The end of the world is nigh, Hughes can go if he wants, Big Sam In etc etc. Oh and "Leave Benni alone" - he's our best striker etc

If Hughes does leave then so be it. Who could blame him? He'll have a a few quid to spend won't he?

Then again, why give up on a good thing? Why go there when surely BRFC is all the more rewarding? This is his team that he has built and whether some people like it or not we're 3 points off 4 spot (OK a few others are 3 points ahead of us).

This is all presuming that the Geordies actaully want him. When I say "the Geordies" I mean the fella who owns the shittest club shop in the world. A real football man apparently.

If he get's the Man Utd job when RFW turns it in then who could possibly begrudge him? I couldn't. And here's the kicker - I reckon Fergie will tell them who the next man should be. Going to Newcastle? It's Death Or Glory and Death's the bookies favourite every time.

Stay at Ewood Sparky - keep it going - let's hope that the real football people know what a good job you're doing.

Oh and with a few quid behind us we could actually do the Champions League thing. Then again what's the point in speculating to accumulate? We're not owned by anyone who cares a jot about football anymore afterall are we.

i think hughes would like to hear what newcastle have to say if he is approached, as would most managers. it hurts to think it, but you can't blame the guy.

heres hoping that what he has here at the best club in the country outweighs the shambles up there, and he sees that

I am surprised tht noone has picked up on the spectacular crowd !

Just over 18000 !

Not bad for Bolton, we maon at our ground but there were 1100 Rovers fans there today making it just around 17000 home fans or so. Thats LOWER than our home games.

Its little wonder we had no visitors from Bolton on our site :blink:

and the piggy i txt was giving us stick for our lak of fans ....i asked him about the blue seats all over the ground ..numpty .

what a friggin good win

Correct me if I'm wrong but Hughes stated on 5Live that he had no plans to leave even if he was approached.

I think people need to calm down and put things into perspective. We are 3 points off Liverpool in 4th and on a great run of form so why would he leave for them lot up the road? Makes no sense

As for the game first half was a dire affair with Nolans strike being the difference. Second half after a rollicking from Sparky we stepped it up a gear and deservedly got the 3 points.

Fantastic result

Thanks for input ffan but....

2nd choice THAT'S FOOTBALL as MH has mentioned 68 thousand times when someone asks about the newcastle job

Hughes is a bigger man to let himself get worried about Alan Shearer

He will be able to run the club how he wants that will be the first thing he'll say to them remember shepperd has gone

He prob feels he's taken the club as far as he can with no cash

Ewood 20k St James park 55k support??

Great performance from the lads today, perhaps not in terms of quality (apart from Roberts) but definitley in terms of character!!

Ps - Should we start a thread 'life after Hughes'?? My view is; he would be mad to go, the Newcastle job will be available every few years at least, :blink: he can have it whenever he wants!?

Hughes has shown with Savage he is his own man, why go into a job where he can only fail?!?!

Archived