• Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Kishi
    • Roberts

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think Bolton were poor at any point in the match. They got their tactics right from the 1st whistle. They were pressing Rovers in every single part of the pitch and gave us no time at all to settle on the ball and use it effectively.

Rovers did very well to contain them in the first half, and then got on top in the second. But at no time until the final whistle went did I think Bolton were out of it. Quite a tough match but also entertaining in it's own way. Very good result.

I think we should try and keep Roberts; he caused more problems for the Bolton defence in the short time he was on than Benni and RSC had done between them all day. Oh and by the way, we do also badly need some creativity in midfield.

I watched it all on TV and all I wanted to say has already been said by Fife.

All played well but I voted Roberts MOM as soon as I came to the thread.

Worried about Sparky, though. I think he may just leave. :-(

A great evening's entertainment ! I've no voice, it's shot to bits! Thought we thoroughly deserved it, Bolton did what you expect them to, humped it upto fat lad and worked very hard in their own half, good goal by Nolan, shouldn't have been unmarked but there you go.

We dominated the second half, Samba's goal was deserved, we were in fine voice and I knew Roberts would notch (Which is why I gleaned a free pint off my mate) and he got a great reception off us (As did Matty & Kish.) I thought we showed a lot of guts & steel

Didn't see Roberts celebration I'm afraid, was giving it to the Notlobs... (Anything special?)

Best moments for me:

Our goals (Obviously)

Loads of us doing our modified Anleka celebration to the fans whilst asking where he'd gone, very funny!

Some of the songs were classics and can only be wheeled out for such occassions.

Where are the doom mongers now eh??? Quieter than the Notlobs were aren't you ???? 3 points off 4th place ? (Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...)

p.s. Hughes is going nowhere!

The attitude of Jason Roberts considering hes up for sale was first class, the drive and determination in his play was excellent you make your own luck in football and he certainly earned his with that run. Who at Rovers in recent times has run with the ball from ten yards inside their own half and finished it off with the ball hitting the back of the net - superb stuff, Roy of the Rovers stuff.

Then to see the celebration of Roberts goal with all the staff, players plus substituted Benni Macarthy showed what a great team spirit Rovers have at the club, great to see and very heartwarming for every Rovers fan out there to witness such emotion and togetherness.

Long may it continue wether or not the manager stays or goes.

The usual grim day out in Horwich. Megson lost the match when he took Campo off, who was involved at both ends for Bolton throughout. Very pleased to see him go off, and he looked equally peed off too!

Though Benni looked good on the ball, and almost created a winner for MGP, which I was convinced was going in.

On top form and fitness, other than Emerton/Ooijer, I would say that was a best team that started last night. I looked only a matter of time before we scored a winner, and was disappointed to see Benni come off, as we were playing so well. But MH got it right and Roberts cameo was awesome, the goal, although a tad fortunate with a deflection was earned with a scintillating powerful run and finish reminiscent of Shearer in his pomp. And sat in row three to the left of the goal I got a perfect view of all three goals!

Main gripe was the concourse though, which does not make a change regarding off field moans. 5 employees serving 1200 people, 30 minute queues and extremely slow and poor service at the desk. And the big signs promoting half time express beer tokens where a waste too, as when I finally got to the front 2 minutes before kick off the obtain said tokens, I was told they don't sell them now.

Thanks for the points again though, never seen us lose at the Reebok.

:rover: WATCHED THE GAME ON TV,thought it was very poor but the best team won.i've noticed this a few times,the free kick in the 2nd half,when the bolton keeper saved from bentley,warnock was at the edge off the penalty area with no one in 10 yds off him,pedersen only needed to play a square ball to him and he was behind the defense.all in all a brilliant 3pts :brfcsmilie:

Who at Rovers in recent times has run with the ball from ten yards inside their own half and finished it off with the ball hitting the back of the net - superb stuff, Roy of the Rovers stuff.

Looks like he was watching Adebola against us last weekend. 'Gizza job, I can do that.'

I too was delighted to see the team's celebration when Roberts. With the subs and all the players rushing to congratulate Roberts, it looked there is great togetherness within the team. It was real thrill to see that sort of emotion. Mark Hughes should consider things like this before deciding if he will leave for Newcastle. There appears to be a great team spirit and even though we haven't been playing well of late, we have been winning and could really challenge for Europe if we can add players to the squad. Can you say any of these things about Newcastle? No.

I too was delighted to see the team's celebration when Roberts. With the subs and all the players rushing to congratulate Roberts, it looked there is great togetherness within the team. It was real thrill to see that sort of emotion. Mark Hughes should consider things like this before deciding if he will leave for Newcastle.

They should show Sparky a video of that celebration - and then let him watch the highlights of United knocking 6 past Newcastle. Just to show him how far he's got to go to take Newcastles team spirit to our level.

We've got the best record in the Prem for coming back to win.

We've come back from losing positions 10 times to take points. 5 wins and 5 draws.

Good second half. Bolton looked very solid in the first.

Nice to see us line up, and stay, in a 4-4-2.

Took a mate of mine who's not a Rovers fan and it's quite nice to get an unbiased view.

He was impressed with Reid. Composed in midfield, he said. He also thought that Dunn added a nice bit of creativity.

He thought MGP underperformed.

He thought RSC was a class act and played his role well.

Overall he said that we're an entertaining team. He went mental when Roberts scored!

Is this a coincidence? Savage leaves and the team spirit returns?

What a result yesterday! I thought we were a class act in the second half. there was only ever one team going to win that game.

Thanks for taking Campo off Mr Megson - you always did have a fantastic tactical brain :rock:

The togetherness of the whole club was there to see after the Roberts winner.

Roberts should be proud of himself for the way he played yesterday.

Just one downside - jumped on the wall surrounding the steps when we scored the winner..... and fell off backwards. Being drunk I managed to climb back up easily to give the home fans some more grief......................

Woke up this morning with a bruise on my arse the size of a pan lid and I cant move my left arm up.

Well worth it :D

One Love - BRFC

well first off I have to say I'm happy with the win and VERY worried about the sparkey/NC thing. I woke up late yesterday and started watching the game in about the 53rd (about 2mins after big Samba scored) and in a way im glad i did because u have to say that we were not playing all that well. I mean I didn't really see a spark of life till Roberts came on the pitch so IMO he's MOM hands down. MGP seemed at times to come to life so im hoping tgat hell now start really getting into the games. Over all I'm happy with win but not all that convinced with the way we've been playing as of late. I hope sparkey stays and that the board cones through with the money needed to take us forward.

Good win, good 2nd half performance, 3 points off 4th. We probably had our best 11 out too. We played well throughout and look good.

Roberts looked like a man possessed when he came on. I knew he was going to score.

I have a theory on Samba/Nelsen. I reckon Ooijer is a big reason whey they both played well. He may not be Emerton going forward but he is a very solid defender. I think Nelsen has been struggling as he's had to spend too much time looking after Samba, making sure he's where he should be and the like. This in turn takes away some of the concentration on his own game making him prone to fluff ups. Having Ooijer, a natural defender, on one side of Samba gives Nelsen a break as they can both make sure Samba is in check.

Good win, good 2nd half performance, 3 points off 4th. We probably had our best 11 out too. We played well throughout and look good.

Roberts looked like a man possessed when he came on. I knew he was going to score.

I have a theory on Samba/Nelsen. I reckon Ooijer is a big reason whey they both played well. He may not be Emerton going forward but he is a very solid defender. I think Nelsen has been struggling as he's had to spend too much time looking after Samba, making sure he's where he should be and the like. This in turn takes away some of the concentration on his own game making him prone to fluff ups. Having Ooijer, a natural defender, on one side of Samba gives Nelsen a break as they can both make sure Samba is in check.

Ooijer is certainly the tactical organiser. We seemed to remember not to defend too deep when he was on and hold a high line on the edge of the area, giving Friedel space. He's not the quickest but you don't have to be if you haven't got fast wingers against you and you have a football brain. It's why players like Sheringham can still play because he was never that quick but was quick to see positions.

Ooijer is certainly the tactical organiser. We seemed to remember not to defend too deep when he was on and hold a high line on the edge of the area, giving Friedel space. He's not the quickest but you don't have to be if you haven't got fast wingers against you and you have a football brain. It's why players like Sheringham can still play because he was never that quick but was quick to see positions.

Personally I would play Ooijer ahead of the Admiral at the moment.

Dunn and Reid deserve a bit of credit in my opinion. Considering that both were doubtful because of injury, they, along with Bents and Ped, took on Bolton's 5 man midfield and came up trumps.

Nothing too special from either of them, just simple take and give football, carried out extremely well.

Great victory espescially after going behind.

That's 36 points now, and we had 40 last year in mid April, and only ended up a few points off the European places. Keep it up Rovers!

Been checking some stats. After 22 games last season we had 27 points. In season 2005-6 when we finished 6th we had 34 points after 22 matches; so we are doing OK for Europe again but there will be a real tussle with City, Villa, Everton and possibly Pompey.

I'm doing a match report for this game for my English Coursework can anyone just confirm this is how Notlob lined-up:

-----------Jaaskelainen ------------

J. O'Brien, A. O'Brien, Michalik, Gardner

--------------Campo-----------------

Guthrie ---Nolan----Cohen-----Stelios

--------------Davies-----------------

Personally I thought we fully deserved the win. Roberts was brilliant when he came on and looked hungry for a goal, he did more and looked more dangerous in thoose 15 minutes than Benni as done in the last three matches combined. Let's just hope it's Santa & Roberts upfront for the next game.

Only just over 18,000 at the Breezeblock and people question our support seems there's is even worse.

The attitude of Jason Roberts considering hes up for sale was first class, the drive and determination in his play was excellent you make your own luck in football and he certainly earned his with that run. Who at Rovers in recent times has run with the ball from ten yards inside their own half and finished it off with the ball hitting the back of the net - superb stuff, Roy of the Rovers stuff.

Lets be honest, the shot took a massive deflection, without which it's unlikely it would've resulted in a goal.

That said, he did brilliantly to get that far. I would maintain that J-Rob is as fast and powerful as any striker in the league. Unfortunately, he couldn't finish his dinner. If he could, he wouldn't be playing for us.

I'm doing a match report for this game for my English Coursework

Only just over 18,000 at the Breezeblock and people question our support seems there's is even worse.

[/size]

Only just over 18,000 at the Breezeblock and people question our support, it seems theirs is even worse.

Archived