• Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Kishi
    • Roberts

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope the halftime posters are suitably embarrassed! Rovers style is to coast the first half and then with their superior fitness overrun the opposition in the second. I knew we would win this in the second half as we were so much better than them. Well done lads.

Reading back it was all doom and gloom and even the suggestion that maybe Hughes should go. What a difference a half makes. The commentators mentioned that we have more points at this stage of the season than any other season in the last ten years. The team has not been playing well of late, but is still managing to win games. Surely they will hit proper form eventually (an additional midfielder, preferably of some quality, would help that cause immensely). And Rovers is only three points away from the fourth place. Middlesbrough at home is a must win game to have a serious chance hitting that fourth spot. Liverpool has made that a not-all-that-laughable target. But all the same, a win will go a long way towards making a very serious European challenge, which is far more realistic.

I hope the halftime posters are suitably embarrassed! Rovers style is to coast the first half and then with their superior fitness overrun the opposition in the second. I knew we would win this in the second half as we were so much better than them. Well done lads.

embarassed? if anything i think its backed up what we said. we were rubbish in the first half, the second half showing was much better and showed what we're capable of. i dont think hughes' intended style is to create absolutely nothing in the first half and lack any semblance of imagination going forward.

still, we were very good in the second half and thats very encouraging. also really liked the big celebration at the end, you could see how much it meant to the players and i'm hoping we'll have turned a corner.

Chuffed to bits, you can`t beat a last minute winner.

I`ve never really paid much attention to Bolton, they just don`t interest me but they are shocking.

They have 11 in the box when defending and then attempt to win any sort of throw in or free kick in the opposing half so they can lump it to fatty Davies.

Their forwards NEVER try to hold the ball up and encourage play, they just go down. Its programmed in to them now. I guess its from BFS`s days. This way they get their so desired free kicks. Its awful, pitiful and embarrassing.

Benni, hmmm, started to actually believe he was doing stupid things on purpose. Not good.

Warnock and Bentley did themselves no harm with the England situation.

Well done Rovers.

embarassed? if anything i think its backed up what we said. we were rubbish in the first half, the second half showing was much better and showed what we're capable of. i dont think hughes' intended style is to create absolutely nothing in the first half and lack any semblance of imagination going forward.

sarcasm? i think so lol but he cares we won! anyone who said hughes did a come get me plea, are you still thinking that after his enthusiasm on the sideline?

It's been hard to feel good about the Rovers for a while now, considering the results and performances over the last few weeks and the negativity around the team; players moving on, wanting to leave, injuries, squad not looking as deep as perceived, lack of funds, talk of punching above our weight and so on. But today it feels good again, finally. To beat Bolton and the way we did it, it just feels brilliant. I felt like walking home with my hands over my head after the match, just totally elated. It was a scrappy game mostly but we looked the better side by a mile anyway and the second half was great. I thought Benni looked good today, like he wanted it more than it seems he's been doing lately. But Roberts was superb, determined and strong, it looked like he got that goal by sheer bloody mindedness. And he clearly made a point to Hughes. Great to see the team huddle during the celebrations too - signaled maybe that things haven't been easy in and around the team recently and that they really needed that win tonight and not just for the 3 points.

Now i know i'm not an established member on here, more of a long time lurker, but i have to say something.

There are a lot of arseholes on here.

I live in London now, went to the pub to watch the match and thought the first half was uneventful, and they were lucky to go in 1 up at half time - good goal but noone really running the match.

Reading back through the posts here, the amount of idiots suggesting that the possibility of hughes going to newcastle being a good thing and other such posts are staggering.

We went in 1 down to a decent goal, but we weren't exactly up against the cosh.

2nd half we were on top and Roberts did exceptionally when he came on, his hold up play was second to none and i was so happy for him when he scored (i feel he has a future at rovers should he want it)

Sorry for the language, but i hate people jumping on things, making snap opinions, i hate the 'Hughes Out' thread and i feel that if he were to go, he'd take a few players with him and we'd be so much worse off....

M Hughes on SSn right now in a very positive frame of mind.

Completely happy with the result and the character of the team.

Our away record is still better than Chelsea and Manure, and he doesnt want to sell Roberts.

Refuses to comment on speculation preferring to comment about Rovers.

Is happy at Rovers when they play well.

Refuses to be drawn on his interest in the job at nufc and wants work hard at Rovers.

Sorry for the language, but i hate people jumping on things, making snap opinions, i hate the 'Hughes Out' thread and i feel that if he were to go, he'd take a few players with him and we'd be so much worse off....

Not if it was Mokoena...... :rolleyes:

Anyone still feel 4 million pounds for Roberts is silly money?? WHat a way to make an impact, not only the goal but his magnificent ability to hold on to the ball with one (or two?) defenders on his back. McCarthy was nothing short of poor, and needs to be taught that simple things must come first, then if needed, he can nutmeg anyone he wants

Have to reiterate what I said at half time, even though I was in a minority of one, thought this was a decent performance throughout.

Roberts was sensational when he came on, really made things happen, in comparison McCarthy was nowhere near as effective, though still a lot better than many of his recent efforts.

Our away record is still better than Chelsea and Manure, and he doesnt want to sell Roberts.

Refuses to be drawn on his interest in the job at nufc and wants work hard at Rovers.

Refused to rule himself out of the running. How hard is it to say "I'm happy at Rovers, I don't want the job". He wouldn't say it.

It was an extremely negative interview if you take the time to understand the under current that ran through it. If Newcastle want him, he's gone.

Refused to rule himself out of the running. How hard is it to say "I'm happy at Rovers, I don't want the job". He wouldn't say it.

It was an extremely negative interview if you take the time to understand the under current that ran through it. If Newcastle want him, he's gone.

Didn't he act in the same manner when Spurs were linked with him?

I agree he seemed a very happy man but he was like a politician swerving those questions. It's obvious that he's thinking time soon to move on. He won't get the Man U job staying at Rovers unless he wins us the FA and then UEFA cups, or gets us into the Champions League, which, with our lack of financial muscle, ain't going to happen.

The mass huddle after roberts scored and after the match was great to watch. Its like it meant as much to the players as it did to us. Whatever was wrong is, hopefully now fixed.

Suddenly its good to be a rover again.

Not only that but Benni had raced the other subs down the line to be in the middle of the goal-celebrating huddle.

Hughes does not want to rule himself out of any big job offer and can we really blame him? It does not mean he really wants to leave, more that he is interested in hearing what a team like Newcastle might offer before making his mind up. It would be silly of him to say "I do not want the job"...

It was a dire game but the most talented team got the result deserved.

It was dire but are Bolton WIMBELDON IN DISGIUSE ! Big hoof upto Davies their only tactic ...pathetic!

None of our English lads did themselves any good but Hughes continual loyalty to Benni Macarthy defies belief.

Grateful for the three points but Bolton are rubbish.

Archived