BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Fat Sam

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a bloke on Talksport about 10 mins ago from a paper up there, the Northern Echo.

He said he expected a formal approach to be made to Portsmouth in the next 24 - 48 hours and for Portsmouth to do their best to initially rebuff it.

He also said whether 'Arry fancied moving from the South Coast was a different matter entirely but Ashley and Newcastle seemed reasonably confident the figures that were being proposed for salary and the sort of transfer funding that would be available in January and the summer would swing it.

Off Nicko:

I. will. say. this. slowly.

Newcastle want Harry Redknapp, it's up to him to decide whether he wants the job. He will take a couple of days to think about it.

Mark Hughes has not been contacted, you have nothing to fear yet, put the cyanide tablets away.

If - and only if - Redknapp stays at Portsmouth do you possibly have a problem.

Right now and for the next few days at least there is only one equation...Redknapp is Newcastle's one and only show in town.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=17692

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: this thread is funny, go through the pages and have a search for hughes, newcastle fans are dead against him coming, and redknapp too for that matter. they're far too big a club clearly.

There attitude is beneficial to us then surely? If Ashley is this big "fan" who likes to sit out with the fans in his shirt he'll be reading their posts and taking notice.

There are few people I wanted less than Allardyce, Hughes was one of them.

whereas hughes or redknapp won't take us beyond 8th,

Hughes would be bad enough but at least he still has his career ahead of him,

What do people see in Hughes?

a few comments from that site, i hope thats what they all think and hughes will stay at rovers!

Redknapp hasn't made any comment that rules him out of the job, just the usual 'I don't know anything about it' rubbish.

And his brother-in-law (Frank Lampard Snr) when interviewed on 5 Live this morning didn't once say Harry wouldn't take the job.

Seems to me that he is very interested in it.

Read through the hughes thread on newcastle website, picture of hughes with arms crossed and accompyning caption had me in tears, super stuff! The names that newcastle want to attract Lippi, Hitzfeld.......? are all geordies thick, are the schools really that bad!

Archived