BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Fat Sam

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
didnt he come as 2nd choice here?? wernt we after the sexy dowie as 1st choice or am i wrong?

I think you are wrong Abby if memory serves(which it seems to do less and less) Sparky was an ovewhelming favourite of Williams and lot's here. Me on the other hand hand with my astute knowledge of football wanted.....Nigel Worthington.

my money is still on kevin keegan and this is why:

in so called retirement on a linx golf course somewhere, no compensation payment

the toon love him, they same it just hasn't been the same since he left so he would have the full respect and backing of the fans.

he could sort out the defensive issues by not playing with a defence and playing his style of attacking football

i think he is a character sadly missed from the game

not a better time to take over newcastle, money to spend on players he wants etc.

the odd's are falling with him all the time, i bet he would love another crack at it

my money is still on kevin keegan and this is why:

in so called retirement on a linx golf course somewhere, no compensation payment

the toon love him, they same it just hasn't been the same since he left so he would have the full respect and backing of the fans.

he could sort out the defensive issues by not playing with a defence and playing his style of attacking football

i think he is a character sadly missed from the game

not a better time to take over newcastle, money to spend on players he wants etc.

the odd's are falling with him all the time, i bet he would love another crack at it

bring it on - loads of 3-4 and 4-4 results!

Arry has got what he always wanted according to the People. Guydamak has raised his salary to keep him up to the Mags offer .... 3m pa.

Shades of SGE and Peter Kenyon suckering the dunderheads at the FA in 2002. I suggest we'll have to do similar to keep Sparky. What price my commision of transfer proposal now?

Good news.......... Interesting that if Hughes watched MoTD he'll have been well put off by messrs Linekar, Hansen and Lawro. :tu:

bad news....... A certain ex Chairman was overheard saying that the last thing he wanted to hear was the news that Arry had turned them down. :(

The current Newcastle situation has air of inevitability about it; I'm already resigned to the fact Hughes going.

You can't lose going to Newcastle, if results don't your way you get a 5 million pound pay off, if you manage to turn things around you go down in Geordie folklore.

If I'm wrong wonderful, if I’m right big Sam at Ewood :(

Perhaps it's time to join the Toon messageboard and tell their fans what its been like being a Rovers fan for the last 10 weeks. Substitute blue and white shirts for the barcodes and there has little difference. Some horrifiic displays either for 90 minutes (Wigan, Sunderland, Coventry) or at least for one half (Fulham, Villa, West Ham, Newcastle, Man City). Averaging just a point a game (and 6 of those were against Derby and Sunderland). A defence whose ineptitude can match anything seen at Newcastle. And all of this with a virtually full squad of players. So no excuses. Add to that being dumped out of the Uefa by a team with a girl's name. Echoes of the last time a Rovers manager was lured to Tyneside. And for those with longer memories remind them of Gordon Lee.

I said it yesterday,and i will say it again.

HUGHES WILL NOT BE GOING TO THE BARCODES!

Reasons being:

1:Not a big enough name for the geordies.

2:Hughes is not daft enough to go and work in a volatile environment like Newcastle.

3:It would take at least 8 months to sort out that mess.Do you think he will get that long?

4:He is under no pressure at Rovers to do anything spectacular......like finishing in the top 4 and winning a trophy.

So stop getting the cyanide and razor blades ready and GET A GRIP!!!!

EDIT: Anybody else not convinced,have a look at this article.Not the type of chairman an ambitious young manager would want to work for if you ask me.... :rover:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3043471,00.html

And Keegan is now 5/1 fav....

I said it yesterday,and i will say it again.

HUGHES WILL NOT BE GOING TO THE BARCODES!

Reasons being:

1:Not a big enough name for the geordies.

2:Hughes is not daft enough to go and work in a volatile environment like Newcastle.

3:It would take at least 8 months to sort out that mess.Do you think he will get that long?

4:He is under no pressure at Rovers to do anything spectacular......like finishing in the top 4 and winning a trophy.

So stop getting the cyanide and razor blades ready and GET A GRIP!!!!

EDIT: Anybody else not convinced,have a look at this article.Not the type of chairman an ambitious young manager would want to work for if you ask me.... :rover:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3043471,00.html

sorry BB but I cannot see MH refusing if offered the job. £4M per year, a big kitty, fantastic gates and more fanatical fans, and can he do any worse than Sam etc.

In the real world if approached he will go. And yet again we will be on the lookout again. And yes they ARE a bigger club.

sorry BB but I cannot see MH refusing if offered the job. £4M per year, a big kitty, fantastic gates and more fanatical fans, and can he do any worse than Sam etc.

In the real world if approached he will go. And yet again we will be on the lookout again. And yes they ARE a bigger club.

They are not a bigger club just a better supported club.

And a chairman who has listened to his supporters who have said they do NOT want Hughes to take charge.

If he is going to get on the supporters side who better than Keegan?

The media are not nincompoops (totally). If Hughes were going to Newcastle, the press would be full of it this morning.

After all, two days ago, it was a given in all the papers that if 'Arry turned them down, Newcastle would go straight for Hughes.

24 hours later, all we have from Newcastle is they are going to take their time and they have spoken to candidates. The field now certainly includes foreign managers, Shearer and Keegan which it didn't 48 hours ago.

The fact that Hughes has gone from a shoe-in first reserve to somewhere in the field must increase the likelihood he would turn it down in the increasing unlikelihood he would be offered it. Managers who have gone to Newcastle as anything other than first choice have all gone within eighteen months. Only clear cut first choices like Robson and Keegan have lasted longer.

One final clinching pointer- Hughes and 'Arry have the same agent according to nicko. Therefore, Hughes made that statement rubbishing Ashley probably fully knowing that 'Arry was anything but certain to take the Newcastle post.

Talksport seem to think that Hughes is the favorite.They said if he wants to further his profile then he has no choice.Funny cause they was full of praise for Redknapp for saying "how could i look the players in the eye.The players i sold the club to and brought in.Then leave them".Yet they were saying Mark Hughes shouldnt think like that.If he wants to go then he should go.

Talksport seem to think that Hughes is the favorite.They said if he wants to further his profile then he has no choice.Funny cause they was full of praise for Redknapp for saying "how could i look the players in the eye.The players i sold the club to and brought in.Then leave them".Yet they were saying Mark Hughes shouldnt think like that.If he wants to go then he should go.

Yeah but we all know how much the media like uncle `arry. ;)

Talksport are renowned for their hatred of all things Rovers.

Went onto Rovers entry in Newsnow and counted 18 article links from most recent backwards until I got to the first Hughes/Newcastle link and that was the Guardian/Observer trying to save face from having said Hughes was definitely going to Newcastle.

How are there fans more fanatical??? They have more bums on seats thats it. This whole 'football hotbed' crap is a media invented nonsense.

Find any Newcastle fan and see if hes any more passionate than a Rovers fan, look at the reaction since the Cov defeat, BRFC means everything to a lot of people. I would like to find anyone that cares more about Newcastle United then me, my family and my friends do about Blackburn Rovers. Generation after generation of my family have supported this club so dont be telling me we are not 'fanatical'. We get 20 thousand home fans from a deprived town of 100k and a small and shrinking set of demographics, look at it that way and WE are the fanatics, dont let the mass media form your opinions.

UP THE ROVERS

I logged nto toontastic and asked them.Crowd size apart what is it that makes them a big club.When compared to Rovers who have about the same amount of trophies with rovers winning 2 in premiership years.....Some tried to answer and did well.But all reverted back to the size of the crowd.

How are there fans more fanatical??? They have more bums on seats thats it. This whole 'football hotbed' crap is a media invented nonsense.

Find any Newcastle fan and see if hes any more passionate than a Rovers fan, look at the reaction since the Cov defeat, BRFC means everything to a lot of people. I would like to find anyone that cares more about Newcastle United then me, my family and my friends do about Blackburn Rovers. Generation after generation of my family have supported this club so dont be telling me we are not 'fanatical'. We get 20 thousand home fans from a deprived town of 100k and a small and shrinking set of demographics, look at it that way and WE are the fanatics, dont let the mass media form your opinions.

UP THE ROVERS

Great Post matty :rover:

Archived