BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Fat Sam

Are we or 'new labour' not proping up the Goerdie nation with our taxpayers contributions to northern rock or should it be rebranded Northern cock.

The cotton mills round here never received £26billion plus cash to prop them up, we just got just a flood of immigrants from which we've never truly recovered.

Unbelievable - how the hell has a topic about Big Sam got to a point where we are discussing immigrants in Blackburn?

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A big round of applause from me. But we have to be extremely careful now what we say on our messageboard, which has unfortunately been afflicted with the PC virus.

Going back on topic, an article from the BBC's Phil McNulty on the shambles that is Newcastle United FC is a good piece which is worth reading.

Link: Magpie madness

As Phil McNulty says: "One thing, however, remains consistent. Namely the fault-line of shambolic self-destruction that runs straight through the middle of St James' Park and has contributed to almost 40 years without a major trophy."

It seems to be fairly cut and dried.

Newcastle's first choice is Redknapp. If Redknapp says yes then we can all relax. If Redknapp says no then it would seem that Hughes is their second choice.

There's no doubt in my mind that if Hughes is asked he'll say yes.

So, whether Hughes stays as our manager or not is in Harry Redknapp's hands.

As unpalatable as it may seem, it's hard to think of any better replacements for Hughes than Big Sam.

It seems to be fairly cut and dried.

Newcastle's first choice is Redknapp. If Redknapp says yes then we can all relax. If Redknapp says no then it would seem that Hughes is their second choice.

There's no doubt in my mind that if Hughes is asked he'll say yes.

So, whether Hughes stays as our manager or not is in Harry Redknapp's hands.

As unpalatable as it may seem, it's hard to think of any better replacements for Hughes than Big Sam.

Excellent post and absolutely spot on imo.

I think the deafning silence from Rovers on the issue speaks volumes.

Just hope 'Arry says "yes."

Excellent post and absolutely spot on imo.

I think the deafning silence from Rovers on the issue speaks volumes.

Just hope 'Arry says "yes."

Of course he'll say yes. It's the best job in the country.

Sign a mega deal. Cock it up. Get sacked. Get paid up in full. Be back at Pompey within 12 months. :lol:

Think a bit will you, It will never happen.

We'd need a transfer kitty of £20M plus to even tempt Jol to come here.

To be fair, when Hughes does leave, we'd need to get somebody in who has experience of working with a tight budget.

Unfortunatly BFS fits the bill.

I really don't think Hughes has enough on his C.V. to make Newcastle interested.

15th, 6th, 10th, and probably similar this year, with disastrous efforts in cup competitions.

Two FA.Cup Semi-Finals in 3 years to be fair - both times losing to the winners of the cup.

I got a few mates that are bolton season ticket holders.They say the football they saw at the reebok whilst BFS was there was abyssmal and they really did think about not renewing there season tickets.They never did but on that same note they stopped watching the matches and just got drunk in the concourse and missed most matches.

Last nights Soccernight on ITV also ended with a bemused prediction.. Hughes to Newcastle ,Big Sam to come here

Surely MH knows that the barcodes is akin to the managers graveyard shift?? I hope he's just keeping quiet because he's busy rebuilding our team? BFS @ Ewood ? Stranger things have happened!

Even if Redknapp goes to Newcastle there still is a possibility that we will lose Hughes, to Portsmouth. Hughes must be really fed up with the lack of backing in the transfer market when a lot of other teams seems to be splashing cash all over the place. Big Sam might be a good option for us, even though it will result in us playing an awful footballing style...

I got a few mates that are bolton season ticket holders.They say the football they saw at the reebok whilst BFS was there was abyssmal and they really did think about not renewing there season tickets.They never did but on that same note they stopped watching the matches and just got drunk in the concourse and missed most matches.

I can understand that, I probably wouldn't renew my season ticket if we hired Fat Sam.

I can see similarities to the Souness era at the moment. Both got Rovers playing well and performing in both the league and domestic cups. After a good spell things didn't quite go as planned on the pitch and (at the moment it seems) neither manager seemed to know how to fix it. Souness lost Dunn, Duff, Cole and Jansen and never really replaced them.

Hughes knows he will soon lose Tugay, Brad probably Bentley and Savage has gone and will not be given funds to replace them and so will have to buy Dickov style replacements.

So just like the Souness era we seem to be going from a team which with a couple of quality additions could have really pushed the top 4 we potentially are looking at dropping back to a mid table team.

So I could see Hughes maybe wanting out. Hopefully we will see different but I think this has highlighted once again what we already know, we need big investment quickly.

Archived