BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Fat Sam

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this on another forum:

Newcastle chairman Mike Ashley is driving down the street when he sees an old lady struggling with heavy bags of shopping, so he slows down and says "can you manage love?" The old girl replies "sod off fatty, I don't want the job" :D

Excellent post and absolutely spot on imo.

I think the deafning silence from Rovers on the issue speaks volumes.

Just hope 'Arry says "yes."

deafening silence from rovers?

give them a chance.

you really dislike the rovers mgt don't you rev!! any little chance to have a dig and you're straight in there!

I really would prefer to see Jol here than Allardyce.

Eh? Why? :blink: What has Jol ever done other than spend big money on underperforming players to fit into a team that has never gelled?

Like it nor not Sam has done an excellent job at Blackpool, Notts Co and Notlob on little or no money. The only time that he has cocked up is when he's had money to spend at Newcastle. If Hughes were to leave I'd say he'd fit our requirements perfectly.

Eh? Why? :blink: What has Jol ever done other than spend big money on underperforming players to fit into a team that has never gelled?

Like it nor not Sam has done an excellent job at Blackpool, Notts Co and Notlob on little or no money. The only time that he has cocked up is when he's had money to spend at Newcastle. If Hughes were to leave I'd say he'd fit our requirements perfectly.

Eh? (to quote someone but I forget who).

Jol got the Spuds patch because he had taken an unheralded Dutch team with no resources and turned them into a club regularly featuring in the last rounds of the UEFA Cup.

All academic for now.

Eh? (to quote someone but I forget who).

Jol got the Spuds patch because he had taken an unheralded Dutch team with no resources and turned them into a club regularly featuring in the last rounds of the UEFA Cup.

All academic for now.

Eh? He got the job because him and Frank Arneuson and the players knifed Santini in the back.

Eh? He got the job because him and Frank Arneuson and the players knifed Santini in the back.

Eh, have you forgotten what you had posted eight minutes previously?

Suffice to say Jol has a track record of working with no money very successfully. However, any club contemplating hiring him has got to be concerned that Ramos found the Spuds players so unfit when he took over.

:rover: urray harry urray up,cannot quite believe redknapp is thinking of going to newcastle,the power off prayer really works :brfcsmilie:

So if Arry does go to Newcastle and Sav already gone to Derby ...........

Tell us have you worn your knees out this week wagster, or sold your soul to the Devil? :rover:

deafening silence from rovers?

give them a chance.

you really dislike the rovers mgt don't you rev!! any little chance to have a dig and you're straight in there!

Don't be so ridiculous.

I know you prefer players who mess the club about and refuse to renew their contracts forcing the Club to sell them at an undervaluation but there you go.

From SSN:

Redknapp also insisted that he would not be tempted to turn his back on Pompey just because the Magpies were offering him an improved contract.

"Money would not be an issue to me," he stressed. "I wouldn't go anywhere just for the money."

MA: Oh Harry, come manage us for 10 million a year.

HR: Sorry Mike, I'd never go anywhere just for the money.

MA: Oh erm okay, 10 million a year and a Mars Bar

HR: Throw in a quarter of Midget Gems and I'm there Mike.

:rover: one thing everyone has overlooked,this is a new era for newcastle.

how many managers has ashley appointed?

how many chairman were the club shirt?

how many chairman sit with the fans?

how many chairman by the whole club/pub a drink :brfcsmilie:

What does that prove exactly? It is obvious that even though he sits,drinks, and wears the same attire with the fans he most def does not listen to them.

Fair point, there. But, historically its been the fans that have ousted out the existing manager and this time was no different.

OK, you can change the chairman and owner but the fans remain the same and for me its THEIR mentality that needs to change.

They need to realise that to build a strong team takes time and SUPPORT and they should be lowering their massive expectations for the short term at least.

Archived