BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

nicko

Not being negative, just calling it as I see it.

We're playing poorly, and I don't expect us to finish better than ninth or tenth.

If we'd been playing well and been unlucky with results I'd probably have the opposite viewpoint.

I reckon we're playing better than we were Simon. Good performances at Derby, Bolton and Aston Villa. I know you didn't rate the Villa performance, but I thought it was excellent.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A bit of very surprising news...a shock Rovers inquiry.

There has been a call to a lower division side today for a centre half.

Now that tells me Ryan Nelsen's injury is a concern.

More details later tonight...for obvious reasons I have to keep the name back, but it is an interesting story.

Or somebody has made a large bid for Nelson - Portsmouth were interested at one stage. Boro need to replace Woodgate - interesting Downing won't discuss new contract, left midfield !!!!!!!!

swansea are top of league 1 by a mile and their centre half's are not premiership material, so i cant imagine what the rest are like.

why are we after a centre half anyway? with zurab, ooijer, samba and nelsen we have depth.

we also have henchoz and at a push mokoena in the lockers who can play at centre half.

we should be addressing other areas surely.

ohhh!some news at last!

i thought they would go down this alley with sambas 2

match suspension aswell as nelsens injury.

When you say lower league......how low exactly?

The guessing begins!

chris morgan on 1 month loan deal?

Accy Stanley are looking to offload a few defenders. :P;)

swansea are top of league 1 by a mile and their centre half's are not premiership material, so i cant imagine what the rest are like.

why are we after a centre half anyway? with zurab, ooijer, samba and nelsen we have depth.

we also have henchoz and at a push mokoena in the lockers who can play at centre half.

we should be addressing other areas surely.

You forgot Flynn

Wise to Newcastle as Executive Football Director ??

Keegan on the radio announcing he knows nothing about it ??

Shearer clearly indicating intentions of going nowhere NUFC with Keegan in tow ??

it just shows the circus is well and truly alive in the North East, are we completely sure Billy Smart is not running the club ??

As for Rovers, it shows Nelsen has a far more serious injury than at first thought, maybe even career threatening. We are so desperate for a midfielder I am certain that one will arrive, even if on loan, before the window is closed.

No news about Benni concerns me. It says that he is out of the spotlight and that somethingmay be happening about him potentially leaving the club, same with Roberts.

No news about Benni concerns me. It says that he is out of the spotlight and that somethingmay be happening about him potentially leaving the club, same with Roberts.

Unless someone offers silly money or money+part exchange, I can't see Benni leaving in the next few days.

I heard a little something about Roberts though. Something could be happening on Weds but only if this certain teams striker goes elsewhere, which looks likely. Then Roberts + some change in exchange for someone. :o

Unless someone offers silly money or money+part exchange, I can't see Benni leaving in the next few days.

I heard a little something about Roberts though. Something could be happening on Weds but only if this certain teams striker goes elsewhere, which looks likely. Then Roberts + some change in exchange for someone. :o

Koumas?

Roberts back to Wigan?

Nicko, wondered if you know; has Hughes been watching the African cup of Nations for some talent? I see a few players that are playing in the tournament being bought.

I don't know. but how would they get here in time to have a medical and sign by Thursday?

Surprise twist on Samaras...going to Celtic and not Rangers.

You heard it here first.

Think i'm glad of that one, hopefully he will be a flop.

Leaves the door open to go for Buchanan, he could do with the signing on fee to get a new car ;)

Do you know whats happening with Cousin, £3m would be good for him, though i'm not sure about Luke Moore as a replacement.

Edit: Roberts would be a good replacement for Cousin thinking about it.

Nicko, what from you know, is this centre half highly rated (generally speaking) ?

There are a couple of Championship sides in the bidding...Rovers made an inquiry to say they are interested and want to be told if he is going before Thursday.

It's a live one. I think they will go in if a rival bid is accepted...then they have to make a decision whether to match it.

Think i'm glad of that one, hopefully he will be a flop.

Leaves the door open to go for Buchanan, he could do with the signing on fee to get a new car ;)

Do you know whats happening with Cousin, £3m would be good for him, though i'm not sure about Luke Moore as a replacement.

Edit: Roberts would be a good replacement for Cousin thinking about it.

FIFA are making a decision on Cousin in the morning. It's the old three-clubs-in-a-season situation. Seems Jon Stead can do it, but everyone else has to put in an appeal.

Archived