BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

nicko

I would rather see him go to Arsenal, but surely he would be 3rd choice there, and 2nd choice at Spurs and would play more games.

Interesting development.

Arsenal are struggling at the back at the moment. I would have thought that woodgate is good enough to hold off the others and keep the first team jersey. I can't see him blowing £8m on a player just to let them gather dust, unless he wants him to strengthen his cup team lol.

Either that or Wenger is looking at going to 3 at the back ;)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arsenal are struggling at the back at the moment. I would have thought that woodgate is good enough to hold off the others and keep the first team jersey. I can't see him blowing £8m on a player just to let them gather dust, unless he wants him to strengthen his cup team lol.

Either that or Wenger is looking at going to 3 at the back ;)

I would have thought Gallas and Toure will be first choice when fit and available.

We've got to hope that's wrong. However, it furthers my opinion that Hughes would have been off to Newcastle in a shot had they offered the job. He's clearly sick of performing miracles when everybody else is spending money like it's going out of fashion.

No midfielders in

:angry:

Got to hope he has something up his sleeve, I can't believe we wont make any additions to the midfield. Even if it is someone as cover like Faye, we need the numbers. If we had some fresh legs to bring on, Saturday we could have really pushed for the win. I think Dunny and Reid tired towards the end, both played well though.

is there no news on blackburn yet??

ie departures, coming in's..

Been at Wigan today...I would say that the Koumas deal is OFF.

Hear there is at least one trialist at Rovers right now. Waiting on confirmation of the Macedonian lad...

Thats a pretty clear indication of frustration from Hughes, and he has contextualised our problems as stemming from a lack of resources. Hopefully it is a play to try and stretch a decent transfer budget (say 5-8m) to get several targets. If it is an accurate reflection of the finances we have we are looking at major downward turn in our prospects. Pompey, Everton, Man City, Newcastle, Spurs - all theretically our rivals in the league - are absolutely hammering us in the transfer market.

did you say mark hughes is monitoring leroy lita's situation at reading???

this trialist-what position is he, hopefully a central midfielder..

I saw Lita mentioned in a paper yesterday, I think that is a possible - but only that.

The Macedonian, who is supposed to be here on trial, is a right-sided midfielder.

its a discussion that should be on the icbinf thread!

what you're talking about here, is actually being used by many brands to try and influence and create brand ambassadors for their companies. Microsoft have been at the forefront of this, by introducing bloggers who have 'opened up' to the techies out there in order to explain the background to product releases, reasons why they pursued certain strategies etc..

it's helped to stem some of the negativity...

anyay - this is a football thread, so i wont go on!

You're right.

Sorry everyone - my post should have been posted on a different thread/forum. Live and learn, I guess.

The chap whose friend sms'd saying he was sat next to Woodgate on the train from Cambridge got it spot on.

Not only has Woodgate signed for Spurs for £8m but his Dad drove him to the railway station to get the train according to reports today. Apparently Woodgate hated the goldfish bowl of NUFC where the players have zero privacy and tracked by the Geordies all the time. Whereas in London, he can enjoy relative anonimity - apart from brfcs.com sleuths that is!

Glad to hear he wasn't having me on!

I reckon Arsenal must have a good chance of stealing him away though if they're in now. He'll be a very good signing for them too.

Nicko, has the loan bid for the bulgarian lad been knocked back? NO, THAT ONE DIED LAST WEEK..R.I.P.

Also, Bolton manager Gary Megson also wants to sign Barcelona's former Chelsea striker Eidur Gudjohnsen. IF THAT HAPPENS I WILL SHOW MY...

He would be a class signing for us, money would be a barrier though. HE WANTS FORTUNES, NOBODY WANTS TO PAY, BUT HE IS CLASS.

From that Hughes story, maybe he's doing the old trick of looking like nothings going to happen to make other clubs around us think we're not doing so and to make it look like we've got even less cash than we do to get clubs to put their valuation of a player down?

Even though it's only Youtube, the Macedonian looks good in that 10 min video. I woudn't mind if we finished the Jan window with him and one of either Dembele or Lita. :)

Archived