BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

nicko

Apparently there was something in that red-top Sunday story about Burnley, written by the guy who is always trying to plug his newspapers...

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/display.var.1997923.0..php

I asked yesterday if the had actually signed, it seems not. Although my read on the atritcle, what I could see anyway, indicated they were done deals.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko, if Rovers had been taken over, could they not keep it quiet until after the transfer market has closed? It is very strange that Rovers have made no comment about the sun's article. <_<

Merged.

It's a question for Nicko, so I've moved it here. If and when there's any definite news on a buy out, I'm sure that would be worth a topic of it's own, - at that point.

Nicko, if Rovers had been taken over, could they not keep it quiet until after the transfer market has closed? It is very strange that Rovers have made no comment about the sun's article. <_<

It's a question for Nicko, so I've moved it here. If and when there's any definite news on a buy out, I'm sure that would be worth a topic of it's own, - at that point.

Rovers didn't put the story out...

But is it so far fetched it doesn't even warrant a brief denial or could there be a grain of truth in it?

No, the Asian interest is genuine. It has been for about three to four months. The club usually keeps their heads down on most subjects and says little or nothing. In this case the deal may also be between the potential buyers and Rothschilds, who represent the trustees.

However I suspect, because of the time that this has dragged on, that it is unlikely to happen. But you never know with this type of negotiation.

True, but would you not expect some form of response from them to an article in a national paper. Of course it is their choice to comment or not.

Not necessarily. And since the Dan Williams affair I think they are all keeping their heads down about potential takeovers...

If we're being honest, the UEFA Cup is going to prove well beyond us, let alone the Champions League, unless we start performing a hell of a lot better.

Since taking twenty one points from the first ten games we've barely managed more than a point per game since.

It's desperately disappointing the owners haven't chosen to back Sparky this transfer window. Will we ever get such a realistic chance to have a crack at fourth spot again?

Wise has just agreed to join Newcastle. I assume as assistant manager.

Wow, that's a hammer blow for Leeds - you'd have thought Wise had a lot of potential there to take them a long way.

Smiler Bates won't be happy.

At least Newcastle have a ready made replacement lined up if/when KKK walks out.

Wow, that's a hammer blow for Leeds - you'd have thought Wise had a lot of potential there to take them a long way.

He started well when he didn't have to do much motivating but since they caught up with everyone else they have hit somewhat of a brick wall. Maybe he just doesn't think he is up to the job, can't see many other reasons you would leave a club that should be certain to come up.

Tris - Wise just hasn't got the reach to play in goal thesedays ;)

Just heard Keegan on the radio ( half hour ago )

He claimed to know nothing about it and that questions should be directed at the chairman to ask him what direction he is taking the club in.

Odd.

Keegan wanted Chimbonda, the 'experts' at the club said no.

Keegan wanted Woodgate, he is going elsewhere.

The guys behind the scenes want to sign young players that they fancy.

Keegan won't take much of this.

The circus is definitely in Toon.

Archived