BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

nicko

mark hughes is on bbc1 on the manu-spurs match.

theyve just been talking about ronaldo, best player in the world etc...

duno if anyone else noticed but sparky was asked if he would like ronaldo in his team...his respone was:

of course, but i can't afford him...did anyone else take this as a slight dig at the financial restraints hes had to work with?

also...huddlestone playing as centre back today? lets see how he does...

Heck, how many clubs could afford Ronaldo :blink:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
of course, but i can't afford him...did anyone else take this as a slight dig at the financial restraints hes had to work with?

No not at all. All the rest of the premiership would have probably given the same answer on that one. Bit silly to read more into it really

mark hughes is on bbc1 on the manu-spurs match.

theyve just been talking about ronaldo, best player in the world etc...

duno if anyone else noticed but sparky was asked if he would like ronaldo in his team...his respone was:

also...huddlestone playing as centre back today? lets see how he does...

Nah, there's a few dozen managers would have to say the same!!!

It's a possibility, but it might be the fact he doesn't have £50m to spend on one player.

I would still like us to go for Huddlestone, I think it will depend if he is one of the first choice midfielders when they have cleared their defensive injuries up.

By the way, there are some absolute belters in the People tomorrow...

MAN CITY - striker target in talks.

NEWCASTLE - possible new striker.

CHIMBONDA - surprise club in...not a nightclub either.

BLACKBURN - trialist name.

BURNLEY - the gap-closing double swoop... :lol:

Rovers = the macedonian

Dingles = Cole & the argie

What were the Chimbonda, Newcastle & Man City ones?

Well I'd take a Lita/Santa Cruz partnership over anything else we could offer. Derbyshire's all round game isn't there yet, Roberts doesn't have the touch or the finish, and McCarthy doesn't have the pace....or the attitude by the sounds of it.

It won't happen though.

Nah, there's a few dozen managers would have to say the same!!!

That's where you're wrong. No manager HAS to say that. The primary reason we would not sign Ronaldo is not monetary, its that we cannot compete with Manchester United and would not be an attractive enough proposition. If Ronaldo ever said he wanted to join Blackburn Rovers, then we'd look at the money, and ultimately decide we could not afford it.. Lack of funds is not the reason we don't go after Ronaldo.

Hughes was very quick to give that response, and it was unnecessary IMO.

As far as Lita goes - would be a great signing. A younger, better version of J-Rob. If we can shift Roberts out for £3m and get Lita in for £5m that would be good business - particularly if you factor in Lita's potential sell on value as a young Englishman.

£7m for a player who sits on the bench at Reading?!?!? Even at half that it's too much. Heard that his attitude isn't the best either. Although if we can sell Roberts for £3.5m and get Lita for a similar price or slightly more (Seems very doubtful though) then that'd be good business.

Can Lita play midfield? or are going to start playing 4-2-4 :angry:

As Mozzer, Lathund and T4E say though, I'm pretty sure that if we were to go for Lita then either Roberts or Benni would leave, with Roberts being the obvious candidate. I really do like the prospect of Lita-he would add much needed pace to our side and I personally feel he'd forge a good partnership with RSQ.

If we could get him for around £4 million then that would be great business, because it wasn't long ago that he looked like England's best young striking prospect

That's where you're wrong. No manager HAS to say that. The primary reason we would not sign Ronaldo is not monetary, its that we cannot compete with Manchester United and would not be an attractive enough proposition. If Ronaldo ever said he wanted to join Blackburn Rovers, then we'd look at the money, and ultimately decide we could not afford it.. Lack of funds is not the reason we don't go after Ronaldo.

Hughes was very quick to give that response, and it was unnecessary IMO.

As far as Lita goes - would be a great signing. A younger, better version of J-Rob. If we can shift Roberts out for £3m and get Lita in for £5m that would be good business - particularly if you factor in Lita's potential sell on value as a young Englishman.

I stand corrected in the light of your greater insight and intuition....whilst you're at it, you couldn't let me have the winning 6 numbers for next Wed's Lotto? :rock:

I stand corrected in the light of your greater insight and intuition....whilst you're at it, you couldn't let me have the winning 6 numbers for next Wed's Lotto? :rock:

You're absolutely right, I couldn't.

Don't forget though, Youtube can make anyone look good.

I didn't think he did look good even on U-Tube. He does not look to have much quality in his play; Championship level at a push. Plays a lot of long passes over the top which will be meat and drink to Prem defenders. Slides in a lot and seems to miss the ball a lot as well. Not impressed at all. How is he going to IMPROVE on what we have already got?

The 'missing' Sunday People stories that were being asked about earlier:

CHIMBONDA - Sevilla are also in as well as Newcastle and Villa.

NEWCASTLE - interest in Lita, the price is £7 million, another paper mentions Rovers...interesting.

MAN CITY - Vagner Love, the Brazilian at CSKA Moscow, is the latest name at the top of their wish list...after watching them today a new striker is a must - among other things.

Some very important deals to be done all round in the next few days. Going to be a bit lively.

£7m for a player who sits on the bench at Reading?!?!?

£7m has to be near Doyle's asking price. Now there is a player who would do very well for us.

Lita is decent enough but if we have £7m i don't think sparky would waste it on him.

The 'missing' Sunday People stories that were being asked about earlier:

CHIMBONDA - Sevilla are also in as well as Newcastle and Villa.

NEWCASTLE - interest in Lita, the price is £7 million, another paper mentions Rovers...interesting.

MAN CITY - Vagner Love, the Brazilian at CSKA Moscow, is the latest name at the top of their wish list...after watching them today a new striker is a must - among other things.

Some very important deals to be done all round in the next few days. Going to be a bit lively.

Nicko, with all due respect, how on earth does a story about a 2nd tier club maybe signing a couple of players - one admittedly well known, the other nobody would recognise - make the front page headlines? Even back page headlines would be pushing the story a bit too far in its importance to the majority of the populace.

Taking the emotive out of the situation, I like you would think A.Cole to be a good signing for them - but how as for promotion - I would be counting your winnings just yet fella.

Archived