BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Off to Hurst Green food festival today (at Stonyhurst), shame about the weather!!

So did I. Was alright, might have been better without all the sideways rain!! We got some kangaroo and zebra sausages though :)

• Moderation Lead

So did I. Was alright, might have been better without all the sideways rain!! We got some kangaroo and zebra sausages though :)

Yep, had some kangaroo burgers for tea last night, very tasty meat.

I entered a hot food challenge there yesterday (having to eat chillies/hot sauces etc) and won, though I don't feel like a winner today!! :(

Edited by K-Hod

We got some kangaroo and zebra sausages though :)

Yep, had some kangaroo burgers for tea last night, very tasty meat.

I thought we'd been a significant export market for kangaroo meat for well over a decade BUT only for use in dog / cat foods! Once BSE had been identified in cattle and over 30 month beef it was banned from use in the manufacture of pet foods. I suppose now that over 30 month beef is back on the menu for pet foods that those aussies needed to open up other markets for their 'Roo'.

Edited by thenodrog

Now that Resh's has closed down, and we fancied a change from The Naga, we went to The Anaz in Darwen on Friday and weren't disappointed.

One thing I have to say is the place was packed to the rafters! Took us 20 minutes to get a table which is unusual in my experience for local Indian restaurants, but a good indicator surely.

The food was very good, fresh and cooked to order, the menus fine but could do with an overhaul in my opinion. We’ve not been for years and its still the same dishes, but then again if you’ve got customers queuing out the door why change a winning formula.

All in all a good experience at the oldest Indian restaurant in Darwen.

• Like 1

Kebabish is excellent, Khyber isn’t what it used to be sadly, or wasn’t last time I was there.

A few on Preston New Road also gordon, not far from you? Ever nip in after a round of golf?

Odd thing Gav.... I used to love a good curry a few years ago now I've gone right off them. tbh I prefer a chinky these days although typical English/continental from the plethora of good gastro pubs in the Ribble has replaced both these days.

Reminds me ....gav have you ever played golf? If you want to try I've a set might suit... my sons grew out of them at 12. :P

I still love a good curry Gordon, but Chinese food is probably my favourite.

As for golf, I have a set thanks, you cheeky swine.

My mate played Pleasington on Friday, 4 ball with a bacon sandwich £140, which was great value I felt.

• Backroom

Nice meal at the Airport Pub at Manchester and reasonably priced, parking is £1.50 an hour but a great beer garden literally next to the runway

Well worth a visit

Nice meal at the Airport Pub at Manchester and reasonably priced, parking is £1.50 an hour but a great beer garden literally next to the runway

Well worth a visit

Either you are taking the pee or you need certifying. Nobody wants to even live either near a runway or under a flight path yet you recommend sitting right next to one for a nice meal and a beer and paying to park your car on top of that! Whats next up for you Tom.... a barby in the middle of Switch Island when the weather warms up a bit?

• 5 weeks later...

Corporation Arms is ok, but nothing special in my opinion.

I'd probably try Stanley House, Clogg or The Royal Oak at Riley green before driving out to The Corporatoon arms, not sure where you're located MCMC.

we are having a family meal at the clog on Friday but have to order 2 days before we go....whats that about? surely a chef can make meals to order on the day.

I ate there fairly late last night and the Specials menu was decimated by stuff being sold out.