BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Visited the Aspinall Arms this lunchtime at Mitton on the banks of the Ribble. Our first time here since the extension and refurbishment. Very nice indeed in a lovely setting. Good service and tasty food, Ribble Valley prices but these were obviously expected. Sat outside due to the sunny, warm weather and the place was pleasantly full bearing in mind it was Friday, rather than weekend.

A mention also for the Chetham Arms in Chapeltown, inbetween God's Country and Bolton. The pub has had a makeover. Good food at very competitive prices. Unfortunately a few photos of BWFC fans on the walls but there's time for me to get them to see sense.

Glad you enjoyed it CLB, it was poor last time we went about 6 months ago.

The menu was great, the pub and setting even better but when the food arrived it was really poor, very disappointed, bland and just not what we expected from such an inventive menu.

But glad you enjoyed it, may give it another go at some stage.

• Moderation Lead

I went to the Aspinall last week for a pint, they were barbecuing so I ended up having a burger and chips, surprisingly very good! If a bit pricey!

I went to the Aspinall last week for a pint, they were barbecuing so I ended up having a burger and chips, surprisingly very good! If a bit pricey!

Been there the last two Saturday afternoons. Had a couple of pints Saturday before last and the wife and I had a burger from the barbecue last Saturday.

Good food, great atmosphere, fantastic location.

• Moderation Lead

Been there the last two Saturday afternoons. Had a couple of pints Saturday before last and the wife and I had a burger from the barbecue last Saturday.

Good food, great atmosphere, fantastic location.

In terms of quality of beer garden, and the views, I can't think of anywhere that's anything like as good. Cracking spot.

In terms of quality of beer garden, and the views, I can't think of anywhere that's anything like as good. Cracking spot.

It is a lovely spot no doubt about that.

I'd say The Inn at Whitewell is on a par, but you're right not many more in terms of views and beer garden.

The Spread Eagle at Mellor is very good value. It has good views of the Ribble Valley and sunsets over the Fylde and Morecambe Bay.

Edited by MCMC1875

We were at Northcote last Saturday in the Louis Roederer Room in a party of 42! Given the size of the group the quality of the food was fabulous. Usually a large function is a challenge to deliver high quality but not last week.

We didn't stay over this time but we have few times in the past and the experience has never been less than excellent.

We're hoping to go to L'Enclume in the next week or so, so it will be interesting to see how the two compare.

We were at Northcote last Saturday in the Louis Roederer Room in a party of 42! Given the size of the group the quality of the food was fabulous. Usually a large function is a challenge to deliver high quality but not last week.

We didn't stay over this time but we have few times in the past and the experience has never been less than excellent.

We're hoping to go to L'Enclume in the next week or so, so it will be interesting to see how the two compare.

You are right about about Northcote o2g, every meal I have had has been outstanding; the accommodation equally so. I am really looking forward to the night.....apart from the bill but you only live once!!

My daughter went to L'Enclume a few weeks back and said the food was "stunning". She was however unhappy with the noisy plumbing at the accommodation and made a formal complaint, they only offered £50 off the bill.

Lenclume is a great experience always love it . I'm less sold on he French and fera as they seem un natural replications . I've never stayed over at lenclume but hear in some ways it can be a mixed bag perhaps due to the old buildings spread out across the village .

I strongly recommend lake road kitchen if in the area

Any good London suggestions perhaps a bit different ? Got clove club booked and nothing else

White swan at fence good recently btw . A northcote protege

Lenclume is a great experience always love it . I'm less sold on he French and fera as they seem un natural replications . I've never stayed over at lenclume but hear in some ways it can be a mixed bag perhaps due to the old buildings spread out across the village .

I strongly recommend lake road kitchen if in the area

Any good London suggestions perhaps a bit different ? Got clove club booked and nothing else White swan at fence good recently btw . A northcote protege

London: try Brizzies about 250meters from Euston Station on Drummond Street (by all the Indian places). It is the best Italian meal in London for around £15 or less. I go at least once per week and love the place, and the waitress!!

I see the Clogg only got 3 stars in the latest food hygiene inspection which is poor really, no excuses for that.

FSA ratings

5 = Very good

4 = Good

3 = Generally satisfactory

2 = Improvement necessary

1 = Major improvement necessary

0 = Urgent improvement necessary

Edited by yoda

FSA ratings

5 = Very good

4 = Good

3 = Generally satisfactory

2 = Improvement necessary

1 = Major improvement necessary

0 = Urgent improvement necessary

Should be 5 Yoda surely? especially with all the resources at their disposal.

Then again the place is so hit and miss I guess its no suprise they've taken their eye off the ball on this.

Should be 5 Yoda surely? especially with all the resources at their disposal.

Then again the place is so hit and miss I guess its no suprise they've taken their eye off the ball on this.

You would think so, high staff turn over could be the underlying reason, or the area manager not making sure the FSA manual is being adhered to