BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

We popped in on Sunday evening and it was as good as ever. Being Mother's Day there was a special menu of £20 for two courses or £25 for three. That's probably a touch more than usual but understandable.

Living locally we have quite a wide choice and currently if it's just a question of popping out to eat I would put the Royal Oak at the top of the list. Streets ahead of the Oyster and Otter and probably the Clog and Billycock - though we stopped going there 18 months ago as it went badly downhill. Same applies to the O&O last two meals have been very poor.

The Royal Oak is good pub food, very good service and friendly atmosphere. I'll be surprised if you're disappointed.

Edited by Paul

Someone will now say Bukhara and that guy will be summoned and say how Stevie G loves it and it's food hygiene rating wasn't right :P

I always enjoy Shajan, but feel rushed at times

Have a word with them - we always tell them we need some time between starters and mains.

We popped in on Sunday evening and it was as good as ever. Being Mother's Day there was a special menu of £20 for two courses or £25 for three. That's probably a touch more than usual but understandable.

Living locally we have quite a wide choice and currently if it's just a question of popping out to eat I would put the Royal Oak at the top of the list. Streets ahead of the Oyster and Otter and probably the Clog and Billycock - though we stopped going there 18 months ago as it went badly downhill. Same applies to the O&O last two meals have been very poor.

The Royal Oak is good pub food, very good service and friendly atmosphere. I'll be surprised if you're disappointed.

Seconded, great pub and food.

My mate reckons the blue elephant is very good. That can't be too far away can it?

You've got a mate!

Shanti lounge is no great shakes, but not poor either. Its a bit overpriced for what it is, but theres not a lot of competition on Buckshaw to be fair. Can't wait for the harvester to open, then we'll have 3 rubbish pubs to choose from, and a very overpriced poor italian.

Must visit that Chinese in Astley Village soon, good reviews on tripadvisor.

Let me know when you come

;)

I agree about the Royal Oak (my local) Paul. I had a fantastic ox cheek there a week or so ago.

However the Clog and Billycock is also in good again. I went Friday luch and it was super as was the previous two visits; it was poor about 18 months ago but is back on form. The spring special menu was good.

Yes, the new pub on buckshaw is like a canteen at butlins. Safe to say that upon my first visit I promptly turned the family around and went to the travellers rest just out of euxton towards croston. A nice surprise too.

The Travellers Rest is run by a Rovers fan!!

• Moderation Lead

Shajan last night. Excellent feed and quick service. I know exactly what folk mean when they say they feel rushed. I think it's simply the amount of fear the waiters have for the owner!! After we'd eaten there was no bother!

• Backroom

Had one final meal at Reshs

Superb food and lovely Kingfisher on tap it will be sadly missed in our circle.

It was hinted the chef and some of the staff are headed to Shajan

• 2 weeks later...

Been in Glasgow today and I have to say its a great city, we’ve not really been since we played Celtic in the UEFA Cup and even then we spent 8hrs in the iconic Horseshoe Bar so never really saw much of the city.

But as far as food goes we took advice and ended up at Hanoi Bike Shop near Hillhead tube station and the food was fantastic. Basically Vietnamese street food, fresh tasting and cheap as chips, £48 for 3 people with drinks and in a great part of the city.

Already planning our next visit.