BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

The Duke Of York, Grindleton - excellent last Saturday.

Never been but have long intended to......... So long as tj newton has no objections.

Flagged it up a while ago as a possible one to try, it used to be the place to go to years ago, glad to see it is still on form

Edited by yoda

Can I just say that outside of the football threads, this is one of the few I regularly read. I'm not a foodie, but I do like to know of good places to eat for the occasions when i'm looking for somewhere different to go. I dont read the music association thread because I tried it once and it meant nothing to me. Thats what the rest of us do. We look, we decide if its worth a second look and if not, we dont go back. We dont comment on it at all.

• Like 2

Can I just say that outside of the football threads, this is one of the few I regularly read. I'm not a foodie, but I do like to know of good places to eat for the occasions when i'm looking for somewhere different to go. I dont read the music association thread because I tried it once and it meant nothing to me. Thats what the rest of us do. We look, we decide if its worth a second look and if not, we dont go back. We dont comment on it at all.

But if you visit a place and have a bad experience gummers old girl, then by posting here may help others.

As for the music thread:

John the postman's psychedelic rock n roll 5 skinners (stepping out of holts brewery) - Mahatma Ghandi's Heartbreakers

Just simply wow!

Edited by old darwen blue

But if you visit a place and have a bad experience gummers old girl, then by posting here may help others.

As for the music thread:

John the postman's psychedelic rock n roll 5 skinners (stepping out of holts brewery) - Mahatma Ghandi's Heartbreakers

Just simply wow!

Not a bad little ditti is it

:D

Guest Norbert

Were the waiters wearing masks and hats with three corners?

That is appalling behaviour, but thanks for the warning, I'll keep that in mind if and when I need to.

Check bills carefully always. We do. Saved my son a fiver the other night when they charged full price for a dessert update and charged for an icecream they brought by mistake which he sent back. It's amazing how many bills are wrong . We nearly always send ours back for correction, even sometimes because they've undercharged us.

I had lunch at " The Rice Bowl " on Cross St in Manchester yesterday. I thought it would be really quiet at that time of day but it was hammered. Large groups of wealthy Chinese people ( if the Rolex's they were all wearing were genuine ) were eating there. When they got up to go they all put on either Utd or Liverpool football scarves, maybe they'd got the days mixed up.

The food was good if you like Chinese and the service excellent.

Last weekend we went out for tea with friends. Our friends were a bit dozy re booking a table and left it until the last minute so we could only get in at " The Living Room " on Deansgate. The food was good, as was the service. Not too expensive either. I could see it getting really noisy later on in the evening though.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Check bills carefully always. We do. Saved my son a fiver the other night when they charged full price for a dessert update and charged for an icecream they brought by mistake which he sent back. It's amazing how many bills are wrong . We nearly always send ours back for correction, even sometimes because they've undercharged us.

Good advice. Its so easy to just swipe the plastic but as you say bills are wrong as often as they are right IMO. In the past every time I ate at 'Time' in hoghton the bill was wrong. Its gone now.

Was treat to dinner at the Sir Charles Napier last night. No not that one... The one between Oxford, Slough and Wycombe. Michelin starred, Very good food, roaring log fires and a lovely 'home counties' ambience although it is way out in the sticks with prices most definitely not for the faint hearted.

Edited by thenodrog

O&O is very good and from Bash you might be just as close going to the Assheton Arms at Downham. Personally I love the O&O but for quality and sheer good value I can't better the 'Market Menu' at the Butlers Arms at the moment. Two courses for £9.99 produced by an ex Ribble Valley Inns Chef is the stand out deal of the moment around these parts.

The wife went to the butlers last Friday and said it was superb.

• Like 1

Croma always makes me think of doughballs. I tend to have them as a starter when I go there. I know they aren't tricky, but credit where it is due, they do them well.

I've always enjoyed Piccolinos across from Croma, when I have been.

Edited by DanLad

Croma always makes me think of doughballs. I tend to have them as a starter when I go there. I know they aren't tricky, but credit where it is due, they do them well.

I've always enjoyed Piccolinos across from Croma, when I have been.

I never have the dough balls, I just don't fancy them. I had Pizza Marinari, very nice. Piccolino's is good but a bit harder to get in if you haven't booked.

Not quite a restaurant although they claim to sell "food"!

Took my elderly Mother to Hoghton Tower yesterday for their "special" Mothers Day lunch. She was in tears.

It was disgusting. The beef would have removed most peoples teeth, and could have been used to sole a boot, and the gravy as cold as snow. The service was appalling.

The Roundheads should have finished the place off.