BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Aye pretty close the only time I've been it was pretty average but hear rave reviews so will give it another shot

Donner - his magic doesn't look bad but I can't see it being something that's easy to make a good living on, unless there's another reason the place shut I can imagine a comeback

You're probably right there really, but with his Dad's money behind him I guess he's lucky enough to afford to try his hand at anything.

• Backroom

You're probably right there really, but with his Dad's money behind him I guess he's lucky enough to afford to try his hand at anything.

Was saying to the wife before you can't imagine his dad is over pleased with the move though

Sorry guys, but Anaz beats REsh's for me, hands down. Consistent quality curry. Never tried Naga.

Problem with Anaz for me is all the curries are taste the same, as they're seemingly sourced from the same base. Anaz is fine if you eat the same food each time you go, but if you try different options its a bit dissapointing.

But I would never put anyone off, good curry house, Darwen is blessed with food curry houses.

• Backroom

Sorry guys, but Anaz beats REsh's for me, hands down. Consistent quality curry. Never tried Naga.

Mike

You are wrong

You are also now banned for that poor opinion

Go away

• Like 2

Remember going to Naga on the first Saturday that it opened (must be a few years ago now).

It was a very poor experience in terms of both service and food and therefore haven't been back since.

Based on some of the comments on here, I assume they have now got their act together ?

IMV, best Indian Restaurant around here is Shajan - been going close on 20 years and never disappoints.

For takeaways and in Chorley area, Shanti Lounge at Buckshaw Village takes some beating.

Edited by Mercerman

• Moderation Lead

It seems to get a lot of good reviews on here, and from people I know that have been. It's a bit of a trek for me unless I'm visiting pals in Darren!!

The Shajan takes a lot of beating when it comes to Indian food for me.....

• Backroom

Someone will now say Bukhara and that guy will be summoned and say how Stevie G loves it and it's food hygiene rating wasn't right :P

I always enjoy Shajan, but feel rushed at times

Remember going to Naga on the first Saturday that it opened (must be a few years ago now).

It was a very poor experience in terms of both service and food and therefore haven't been back since.

Based on some of the comments on here, I assume they have now got their act together ?

IMV, best Indian Restaurant around here is Shajan - been going close on 20 years and never disappoints.

For takeaways and in Chorley area, Shanti Lounge at Buckshaw Village takes some beating.

Don't live to far from the Shanti lounge, I find it expensive and like all the other takeaway's in Chorley that we have tried it is bland in comparison to the food available in Darwen and Blackburn.

As yet I have never had a bad meal at the Raj on Bolton road. The Khyber is still knocking out great take away food as well as the ones in Darwen.

Apparently the Voujon in Chorley is the best in the town, not had chance to try it yet though

• Like 1

Don't live to far from the Shanti lounge, I find it expensive and like all the other takeaway's in Chorley that we have tried it is bland in comparison to the food available in Darwen and Blackburn.

As yet I have never had a bad meal at the Raj on Bolton road. The Khyber is still knocking out great take away food as well as the ones in Darwen.

Apparently the Voujon in Chorley is the best in the town, not had chance to try it yet though

I live on Buckshaw and that shanti lounge is poor fayre. Once got a kebab roll and I was starving after it. Tiny. They think everyone local has money to burn,

Bangla Spice is my Indian of choice at the moment just down the road there from the Hayrick/woodsman.

I live on Buckshaw and that shanti lounge is poor fayre. Once got a kebab roll and I was starving after it. Tiny. They think everyone local has money to burn,

Bangla Spice is my Indian of choice at the moment just down the road there from the Hayrick/woodsman.

Thanks for the heads up

There's a good Chinese in Astley Village

How many pints do I owe you now ?

:D

• Like 1

My mate reckons the blue elephant is very good. That can't be too far away can it?

Shanti lounge is no great shakes, but not poor either. Its a bit overpriced for what it is, but theres not a lot of competition on Buckshaw to be fair. Can't wait for the harvester to open, then we'll have 3 rubbish pubs to choose from, and a very overpriced poor italian.

Must visit that Chinese in Astley Village soon, good reviews on tripadvisor.

Shanti lounge is no great shakes, but not poor either. Its a bit overpriced for what it is, but theres not a lot of competition on Buckshaw to be fair. Can't wait for the harvester to open, then we'll have 3 rubbish pubs to choose from, and a very overpriced poor italian.

Must visit that Chinese in Astley Village soon, good reviews on tripadvisor.

Yes, the new pub on buckshaw is like a canteen at butlins. Safe to say that upon my first visit I promptly turned the family around and went to the travellers rest just out of euxton towards croston. A nice surprise too.