BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Anybody been to Vermilion in Manchester? Taking the wife on Friday, TripAdvisor has mixed reviews but heard good things from a couple of others.

Edit- Holy sh!t!! Just realised that's Rotherham at home..... what am I going to do??

Im sure you can get a pie at the ground.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Anybody been to Vermilion in Manchester? Taking the wife on Friday, TripAdvisor has mixed reviews but heard good things from a couple of others.

Edit- Holy sh!t!! Just realised that's Rotherham at home..... what am I going to do??

Friends of mine love it, I've been once and thought it was ok but a bit on the style over substance side

Been 7 times & .I give 10/10. Its owned by one of the biggest Importers of Far East Seafood in the Uk .Its big There are more smaller homely places..

As for footballers being there.. having a Thai binge on a Friday night isn't usually be part of prematch prep for Saturdays Game. then one ex Rover does spring to mind who makes me often wonder

I would like to add that JitadraThai Restaurant,Tatton road in Sale,South Manchester opposite Library(see trip advisor) is one such smaller homely place...Sunday Thai Buffet is about £10...Not as Grand as the Vermilllion but charming nevertheless..

Edited by JC4LAB

Man oh man .. Not restreraunt but food ...

Got the grandkids here and I'm dieting .. It's been blown out of the window with the best dessert I've ever had !!!

Chocolate pizza !!!! Oh my god it's heaven !!!!!!!

Watched Ramsey on one of the Hotel Hells this week, Chocolate and bacon pizza, he nearly threw up

:lol:

Went to the Clog & Billycock tonight and very impressed in stark contrast to the previous visit. Really good food, sensible (that is smaller) portions coupled with swift, previously unheard of, and friendly service. Couldn't fault it.

Went to the Clog & Billycock tonight and very impressed in stark contrast to the previous visit. Really good food, sensible (that is smaller) portions coupled with swift, previously unheard of, and friendly service. Couldn't fault it.

Head chef from the Three Fishes has been drafted in and given free reign. Brought a few staff over from Three Fishes too.

Edited by J*B

Head chef from the Three Fishes has been drafted in and given free reign. Brought a few staff over from Three Fishes too.

Well it's certainly working. Last time we went I received an email asking me to evaluate my experience. I tried to give an honest response without going over board. The result was a £50 voucher for another visit which we used last night. So good was our evening I found the manager and explained how disappointed we had been on the previous visit and congratulated him on the quality of food and the service we received.

After last night I would have no hesitation in returning and recommending the C&B which is quite a turn around. I suggested to my wife we might try the Oyster & Otter again after a terrible meal there. Her response was it will be a long time before she goes back!!!!

Well it's certainly working. Last time we went I received an email asking me to evaluate my experience. I tried to give an honest response without going over board. The result was a £50 voucher for another visit which we used last night. So good was our evening I found the manager and explained how disappointed we had been on the previous visit and congratulated him on the quality of food and the service we received.

After last night I would have no hesitation in returning and recommending the C&B which is quite a turn around. I suggested to my wife we might try the Oyster & Otter again after a terrible meal there. Her response was it will be a long time before she goes back!!!!

Relatives have just cancelled Xmas day at the O&O, £60 with limited buffet starter, and shared desserts !

Edited by yoda

The O&O has been terrible the last twice we've been. When one of those times is the good lady's birthday, 3 sons and girlfriends one gets pretty annoyed when the food and service is bad.

• Like 2

We went to Royal Oak at Riley Green on Sunday night, absolutely fantastic, better than the Clogg in its pomp for me.

Great value, plenty of specials and good ale, what more could you ask for:

Yes no sign of Preston Blue either, absolute heaven 😂

• Like 1

Sunday buffet at the Vermiilion.was great as.usual,,Thai food was perfect.

Indian food good but Thais is what it excels at .Anyone wanting an Indian binge can try the eat as much as you want buffet at the Nawaab on Stockport Road Levenshulme...but be warned ..it massive and always heaving.Its mass catering with dozens of choices so not 5 star food but a good experience if you've never been before leaving you with stomach stretchmarks..

Edited by JC4LAB

Sunday buffet at the Vermiilion.was great as.usual,,Thai food was perfect.

Indian food good but Thais is what it excels at .Anyone wanting an Indian binge can try the eat as much as you want buffet at the Nawaab on Stockport Road Levenshulme...but be warned ..it massive and always heaving.Its mass catering with dozens of choices so not 5 star food but a good experience if you've never been before leaving you with stomach stretchmarks..

Passed up on it last week for the Rotherham game, booked it for this Friday instead though. Looking forward to it.

My invites to the Vermillion have all been freebies of one sort of another so If you pay main menu prices then your expectations will be higher.. Love it when I get invited.Its part of a seafood import company.Its restaurant supplying Cash & Carry warehouse open to the public next door and worth a look.if you ever go in the daytime.. Open when Sunday buffet is.on...

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Vermilion last Friday and I have to say I left overly disappointed. Food was mixed for me, I felt my main was rather bland, however hers was very tasty. We did just go for Thai though and didn't try any Indian food, which I believe would have a better chance of being consistently good, as the owner looks to be from that way. Decor I found to be quite tacky I'm afraid. I was sat on an awful swivel chair, it was like a £2 special from B&M Bargains. The glass they brought with my beer had come straight out of the washer, hadn't been dried. The mocktails however were delicious!

All in all for £100, I expected more from the experience.

Went to Vermilion last Friday and I have to say I left overly disappointed. Food was mixed for me, I felt my main was rather bland, however hers was very tasty. We did just go for Thai though and didn't try any Indian food, which I believe would have a better chance of being consistently good, as the owner looks to be from that way. Decor I found to be quite tacky I'm afraid. I was sat on an awful swivel chair, it was like a £2 special from B&M Bargains. The glass they brought with my beer had come straight out of the washer, hadn't been dried. The mocktails however were delicious!

All in all for £100, I expected more from the experience.

Aye, you should never drink from a wet glass!