BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Sorry to hear the Vermillion fell short.but if you pay top price you deserve top quality..but my £14 Sunday buffet experience swings it the other way..For me Chinese and Thai are all about bargain buffets and the fun of shared banquets ,Few provide value for money if you just pick from the main but all will have that one special dish that hits the button. Experimenting is too expensive to find out what it is..

Did anyone ever go to a place called 'The Dining Room' in Rossendale? Unfortunately it shut about 6/7 years ago (because it was in Rossendale!) The food was nothing short of amazing and it was really well priced.

I think I went, was the owner a bit mad? Did he come and sit with you whilst you ate? Food was always good but the whole experience was very surreal, maybe I'm thinking of somewhere else?

Been back in Lancs a few times in recent weeks and had a curry on both occasions as the West Midlands has very few neighborhood Indians that hit the spot.

Went to Anaz and Akash and both very disappointing, maybe its the time of year, just to busy, but both were really really poor and the service was especially bad. Think I'll stick to the re-vamped Naga at Abbey Village, spent loads on the restaurant, never fails to hit the mark.

I think I went, was the owner a bit mad? Did he come and sit with you whilst you ate? Food was always good but the whole experience was very surreal, maybe I'm thinking of somewhere else?

Been back in Lancs a few times in recent weeks and had a curry on both occasions as the West Midlands has very few neighborhood Indians that hit the spot.

Went to Anaz and Akash and both very disappointing, maybe its the time of year, just to busy, but both were really really poor and the service was especially bad. Think I'll stick to the re-vamped Naga at Abbey Village, spent loads on the restaurant, never fails to hit the mark.

That sounds like Mario's in Bacup Gav!

No it was Rawtenstall I think, English modern food and like you were sat in someones front room, then the owner sat at the table with you and made you feel more like you were sat in his front room!

Strange experience, never went back, food was good though.

No it was Rawtenstall I think, English modern food and like you were sat in someones front room, then the owner sat at the table with you and made you feel more like you were sat in his front room!

I'm not sure where that would've been. Kind of sounds like being given breakfast before the walk of shame ☺

I think that was in Accy, trying to remember the guys name, just down from the old fire station on the main road towards town.

Sorry to hear the Vermillion fell short.but if you pay top price you deserve top quality..but my £14 Sunday buffet experience swings it the other way..For me Chinese and Thai are all about bargain buffets and the fun of shared banquets ,Few provide value for money if you just pick from the main but all will have that one special dish that hits the button. Experimenting is too expensive to find out what it is..

Chinese and Thai buffets are generally low quality, the economics force the issue. Try a better quality Oriental restaurant, they don't have to be expensive (like yu and you or Yang Sing) and give value for money.

• Moderation Lead

I think that was in Accy, trying to remember the guys name, just down from the old fire station on the main road towards town.

Chinese and Thai buffets are generally low quality, the economics force the issue. Try a better quality Oriental restaurant, they don't have to be expensive (like yu and you or Yang Sing) and give value for money.

Do you mean Callum's Bistro? (Now Jade Garden, a Chinese Restaurant).

Do you mean Callum's Bistro? (Now Jade Garden, a Chinese Restaurant).

Yep, can't remember the guys name, went a few times before and after opening the Auberge, had a laugh with him actually, he came to the table 1st visit and was on one knee taking our order :)

The other character around then was Geoffrey Beetlestone but he was a bit to precious

edit

Ray Peak was his name, well know for sitting at tables and having a drink of the customers wine, usually red !

Edited by yoda

To be fair we weren't experimenting, 3 of the dishes we'd had before, eaten better elsewhere and cooked better myself too. For me if it's tasty and goes down well, the price is never an issue. Like I say we didn't try any of the Indian dishes, some of them looked really good too. I wouldn't be completely averse to going again, but only if friends of ours really wanted to go etc

Also as a general rule of thumb, restaurants that do two different cuisines, don't fill me with much confidence. We overlooked this when we booked for Vermilion.

Going to the spread eagle at mellor next Friday - anyone been recently?

I think last time I went it must have been a Brewers Fayre!

Well I'll recommend it over "Mr Fred's" at Stanley House that's for sure...

Here's a unique restaurant...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/01/06/catfe-restaurant-temporarily-closes-after-running-out-adoptable-cats.html

Edited by VinjayV4