BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nfl 08

• Backroom
Good lord the Broncos are bad. I'll be shocked if my Panthers don't give them a hiding this season.

Washington Redskins have been bad for a few seasons now :( everybody is giving them a hiding :wacko:

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Redskins are one of the better teams in the NFL these days. They have a very promising QB in Jason Campbell and a decent receiving corps in Santana Moss, Antwan Randle El and Chris Cooley. Clinton Portis is arguably the best back in the league.

The Redskins are one of the better teams in the NFL these days. They have a very promising QB in Jason Campbell and a decent receiving corps in Santana Moss, Antwan Randle El and Chris Cooley. Clinton Portis is arguably the best back in the league.

No.

Right now? Yes, he's waaaay ahead of everyone else statwise at least and is having a superb season. But the best in the league? Why?

Don't get me wrong, he's among the top backs in the league, that I would agree with.

Sonic is well up there, I agree. I'd probably only take LT before him.

Just finished watching Broncos-Browns from last night, very entertaining. Does anyone know what Brandon Marshall was trying to do during his touchdown celebration that Stokely rushed over to put a stop to?

Cutler worries me - he takes huge risks. Even in a career game last night I was worried every time he threw the ball.

I'm not in work today so I stayed up to watch the Giants and the Eagles. It was brilliant. The Giants rode their luck, constantly fumbling the ball only to be saved by the flag or the fact that the man was down/over the line/the ball was out of bounds. Eli payed well considering he was up against such a fearsome defence.

I'm not in work today so I stayed up to watch the Giants and the Eagles. It was brilliant. The Giants rode their luck, constantly fumbling the ball only to be saved by the flag or the fact that the man was down/over the line/the ball was out of bounds. Eli payed well considering he was up against such a fearsome defence.

Eli was also up against a team coached by fat useless Andy Reid.

Extremely dumb challenges and just extremely dumb play calling and the massive 3rd and 4th down to effectively lose the game.

Well done Andy. Dumb ****....

NFL Newbie here, wondering if anyone knows any websites/articles in order to get a pretty decent understanding of the game?

I've watched a few NFL games over the past couple of years in particular coverage on Channel 5 late at night. My cousins are fans of American football (they have been following the pats for over a decade) and they rave about it every time I speak to them. They reckon it’s better than football in particular premier league football.

My cousins are fans of American football (they have been following the pats for over a decade) and they rave about it every time I speak to them.

Shame their team isn't in first place in the east anymore. ;)

Another great game at the moment.. Pats down 24-6 against the Jets at HT, then pull it back to 31-31 with the last play.. Moss gets the TD by the smallest of margins in the EZ. Cassel 400 yards/passing.

Now in overtime...

EDIT: Jets win 34-31.

The Jets never do it neatly. Ever. Well, except last week, but that didn't count. I'm just real happy we pulled this one out. Fantastic game though, Moss' catch was top drawer.

I like college football a lot but I can't really keep up with it to be honest. There's so many teams and so many games that it's hard to stay on top of. I usually just stick to the highlights and bowl games.

I follow Notre Dame when I can but they really suck these days. It's years since they've been a seriously competitive program. However as an Irish catholic, there's really few other teams that I should be following to be honest. ;):o Boston College is an alternative I suppose...

NFL Newbie here, wondering if anyone knows any websites/articles in order to get a pretty decent understanding of the game?

I've watched a few NFL games over the past couple of years in particular coverage on Channel 5 late at night. My cousins are fans of American football (they have been following the pats for over a decade) and they rave about it every time I speak to them. They reckon it’s better than football in particular premier league football.

Don't be afraid to use Wikipedia for info - it's very well kept up to date for all things NFL and college football.

Does anyone follow college football? If so who?

I try to watch as much as I can on NASN, as Matt says above though it is very hard to follow, particularly due to the strange organisation!

I generally watch games involving any of the Big Ten (11), or anything involving any of the draft prospects I've heard of. I made a particular effort to understand the draft a couple of years back so its now usually around this time of year I'll start watching more and more as draft fever kicks in.

NASN is great though, nice little bonus on the Setanta package.

In a way college football is like European football. The conferences are the different leagues and the bowls are the Champions League/UEFA Cup.

College football is our equivalent to football (soccer). You have allegiances that have been passed down in the family, or based where you go to school (it just starts a little later in some cases!). Especially in the south and midwest, people live and die by how well their school does.

Archived