BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nfl 08

I concur. I'm hooked too. The competitive nature, along with the increased accessibility, of all American sports is one of the reasons more and more people from this side of the pond are becoming fans. The equal spread of wealth and resources in a league like the NFL basically ensures that every team gets a bite at the cherry. The draft system allows the poorer quality teams to build for the future. This year the Falcons, coming off a nightmare 2007, drafted Matt Ryan who already looks like a good player. He'll be a mainstay of their team for the next 10-15 years. Darren McFadden will be a potent weapon for the Raiders who are slowly becoming stacked with on-field talent. While the top organisations will always produce success, the even distribution of money allows any team, be it the Bills or Dolphins, Patriots or Cowboys to be in with a chance of picking up the best players. While this may speak volumes for the mercenary nature of most of the NFL's superstars who favour enormous salaries over success, it also reflects favourably on the egalitarian nature of the league. Can you imagine any of the world's top footballers being available to anyone outside an elite band within the ghastly G14?

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The start of this season has been something else. Within the first three games we've had multiple back and forth games, which are more and more rare in our brand of football these days. We've seen last second winners (nevermind last minute winners), bigger teams facing upsets, games going to overtime, superstars getting injured and rookies stepping up, trick plays, BIG plays...just about everything.

So many storylines to follow. In the premiership there are only really three...maybe four to follow. With the occasional refereeing mistake thing.

So yeah...

NFL > Premiership.

If anyone is thinking they'd like to go to Wembley to watch the NFL game next month, there is a general ticket sale starting Tomorrow (Friday) at 10am. I'm unsure how many tickets they are but you'll probably have to be quick as they are on open sale.

With 7:00 left in the 4th, the Broncos are 16-23 down to the Chiefs and KC have the ball in the DEN redzone. Massive surprise if they hold on, as it looks they might.

EDIT: They have to make do with a FG, thats 16-26 with 3:49 on the clock :(

It could be far worse! Cutler has led us downfield quickly on the last two drives only to stutter in the redzone. Another FG, 16:26 KC have it back with 2:06 on the clock.

Favre has thrown for 6 TDs and the Jets have put 56 points up against the Cardinals.

KC are now back inside the redzone at the 2:00 - game over.

Despite a disappointing evening for the best supported team in BRFCS (:lol:), it was yet another great night of NFL action.

The Broncos result just goes to show how unpredictable it can be. Cutler threw well over 300 yards again, although unfortunately also managed to throw 2 picks. I still can't believe the Bears beat the Eagles, or that the Redskins beat the Cowboys, who I'm sure most of us thought were shaping up to be the best team in the NFL this year.

Career day for Favre, Aaron Rodgers injured and the Packers go down again, and the Bills are 4-0 :lol: Infact, the only thing that feels predictable about the NFL just now is how much the Bengals suck.

Another weekend where I'm sitting here on Monday morning thinking NFL > Premier League.

Career day for Favre, Aaron Rodgers injured and the Packers go down again, and the Bills are 4-0 :lol: Infact, the only thing that feels predictable about the NFL just now is how much the Bengals suck.

Another weekend where I'm sitting here on Monday morning thinking NFL > Premier League.

And then there are the Rams...

Had 36 been on the field against the Bears, Eagles would have won that. Four turnovers and we still lost. Two FG missed as well.

The NFC East though...jeez.

The NFC East is crazy - it's a shame one of those teams (atleast) wont make the playoffs, as they'll likely be among the 6 best records in the conference. It's a rule I've pondered for a while, along with the automatic seeding of the division winners. Why should a team with an 9-7 record be seeded above a wild card team who went 11-5?

Why should a team with an 9-7 record be seeded above a wild card team who went 11-5?

Issue lies in the unbalanced schedule. Since everyone's schedule is different, an 11-5 non-div winner against an easy schedule (could very well be a team like Buffalo this year, or Cleveland last year), is not comparable to a 9-7 division winner (which could happen to the NFC East winner if they all kick the crap out of each other). The seeding rewards the team that wins their division since your schedule with your division foes is going to be much more similar. (14 out of 16 opponents teh same, although some home-away disrepancy with the other AFC and NFC conference foes)

Hiyo Jets. AFC East champs here we come.

Lets wait until after a Bills-Jets matchup, for that proclamation. I mean the Jets are 3rd in the conference right now, and they've given up 50 points more than anyone else....

Clearly you don't know a true Jets fan. Ahem:

1.Logic and reason will not get through to us. Do not try and trick us with your numbers.

2. Never any positive sayings about the team unless they're frivolous, over the top, and near impossible.

3. Any coach in the world is better than the one we have now.

The only exceptions to rule 3 is if we're in the post season and anyone NOT Herm Edwards.

:D:P

Though I'm a Broncos fan (not by birth, by choice, so I guess that makes me less of a fan?), I grew up listening and watching the Jets and Giants. My all time favorite Jet was Johnny "Lam" Jones.

They always have had some good receivers.

Archived