BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nfl 08

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stokleyroyalyp6.jpg

I've been looking forward to your expert analysis all day Abs. You haven't let me down :lol:

:lol: dont anilise after many bottles of stella haha.............its like beating burnley....haha scummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

oh what a night

wished it was 100 points

I got them from Modells on 42nd just along from the Hyatt hotel. There was a hell of a lot in there, almost all teams had something in there, I saw Giants 1st and 2nd shirts with Umenyiora, Shockey, Manning, Burress and Strahan on. My other half likes Tiki Barber, got her a large kids with Barber 21 on the back for $5, bargain.

Loads of stuff in Champs in Times Square too, but a lot more expensive. They do the up to date shirts with past players names on, came very close to getting a Broncos TD jersey in there.

I went into Champs on my first day and meant to go back to get a snazzy Syracuse t-shirt but the Manhattan was so damned hot and vast that I lost my motivation. When I was in there they had jerseys for Randy Moss, Thomas Jones, Adrian Peterson and Reggie Bush. It was very pricey though.

Modells was on my list of places to go to but again, my sister was developing a new blister every couple of blocks and not complaining bitterly about it (but playing the martyr and suffering in silence <_< ) so I just didn't get the chance. Especially after walking from Abercrombie to Serendipity on E. 60th... :huh:

:lol:

Very impressive start from the Broncos I must say.

The Broncos were so rampant that NFL.com's highlight stops halfway through their scoring. :lol:

I remember seeing a 'What happens next?' on Question of Sport, and it had American football on it. It had the kick off either to start a quarter, or after some points have been scored, and the answer was that the recieving team passed it about like a rugby ball and scored a touchdown. If they can do that, then why don't they do it often? It would gain more yards than having some fast bloke being chased and then sat on by 14 fat blokes. And how come drop goals are so rarely used if they score points? Even if there are a few minutes to go, and a team is 3 points ahead, that would waste time and force the other team to play for a touch down.

I know I've asked this before, but what's the rivalry between Oakland and Denver about?

I remember seeing a 'What happens next?' on Question of Sport, and it had American football on it. It had the kick off either to start a quarter, or after some points have been scored, and the answer was that the recieving team passed it about like a rugby ball and scored a touchdown.

Even if there are a few minutes to go, and a team is 3 points ahead, that would waste time and force the other team to play for a touch down.

No, see, if you are in possession of the ball and protecting a lead by a score (TD or FG) with a few minutes left, the last thing you want to do is give the defending team the ball and give them a chance to score. In such a situation you run the clock down as best you can. Turning the ball over would be a very dumb thing to do (through fumbles or interceptions) and even dumber if you tried some sort of high risk trick play such as a drop kick.

Just imagine everything that could go wrong on such a play. Most defenses in the NFL are big, fast and athletic and they will blitz and hurry the QB (presuming he is the one taking the drop kick). The chances of actually getting a kick away would be slim IMO and not worth the risk.

Speed and athleticism would be why they don't lateral the ball more often, again in my opinion. Chances of turnovers increase by doing it and the forward pass is more efficient.

I forgot the nature of American Football, and the whole slow, posession based game that it has going on. If there is a game that is based on 'sticking it up your jumper', this is it. As for the passing of the ball after kick offs, keep all your fastest players in a tightish group passing between them, and taking turns to block, thus momentum is kept up in a quicker form of a rolling maul.

the problem with that theory is that its a live ball on any lateral (unlike a forward pass which, when incomplete stops the play). SO if there is a drop, especially on a kickoff, when the recivers are jsut starting to run, and the defnders have a 40 yard head of steam built up.... the defnders will get likely be the ones to get the ball, and of course they either have great field position, or they can just run it in for a score. In general laterals are risky passes, like a centre half making a pass across teh middle to his partner. Its fine when there is no pressure on, but if you are under pressure (which one almost always is on a punt or kickoff situation), its a very ricky play, and one that likely results in a score or scoring opportunity for the opponent.

keep all your fastest players in a tightish group passing between them, and taking turns to block, thus momentum is kept up in a quicker form of a rolling maul.

Bad idea. All it takes is the wedge buster taking on the front of the maul, adn that play stops dead. Your quicker players are your 6', 180-200 lb returners. On every retunr play there's one guy, usualy abotu 6'4", 250, and still decent fast whose sole job is to run head first into the Wedge (think your rolling maul idea, only they are blockers) and break up the play. If that guy hit the front of the maul at full speed (when of course the maul is jsut getting started), while someone is trying to make a pass... you've got an almost certain fumble.

Looking forward to the Jets-Pats game later tonight, should be an interesting clash. Wouldn't like the try and pick the winner though.

Hopefully the Seahawks will get their season going with a win at home against San Fransico, it's not going to be easy with all the wide recievers out injured but we really should be winnng this one.

Decent comeback from the Colts to beat The Vikings. Bit of a contrast in styles with the Colts passing game and the Vikings running game. Don't rate Jackson has a QB at all though thought he was poor. Manning and Gonzalez combined well to ensure the Colts won but they were very fornate in my opinion.

haha yessssssssssssssssssssss what a performance................cutler to eddie oh yessssssssssssssssssss

god bless shanny and god bless stelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaa

EASY EASY EASY EASY..........IN THE WORDS OF CHUBBY

RAIDERS RAIDERS WHO DA F ARE RAIDERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

did you see al davis hahahaha

I had the pleasure of spending the last couple of weeks in California. Last Monday I was at Fishermans Wharf in San Francisco. Raider fans were everywhere going to the game. The place was awash with Silver & Black. Thought of you Abbey. You would have loved talking to them! ;)

Packers: Rodgers was again impressive, he shredded the Lions in the first half. The Lions did well to get back in it but two absolute howlers from Kitna did for them.

Patriots: Cassel looked rubbish for huge swathes of this yet he's surrounded by a team of proven winners, the Jets couldn't get it going on the ground.

Broncos: Got lucky with a terrible officiating call at the end but what a magnificent finish.

Broncos: Got lucky with a terrible officiating call at the end but what a magnificent finish.

????? I 100% THOUGHT THE REFS WERE SPOT ON!!!...anyhows with the decisions we have had against over the past few years i dont give a burnley.

american i just saw your shanny statement...wow thought i was seeing things hahahaha.

2-0...14 more w to go.

????? I 100% THOUGHT THE REFS WERE SPOT ON!!!...anyhows with the decisions we have had against over the past few years i dont give a burnley.

american i just saw your shanny statement...wow thought i was seeing things hahahaha.

2-0...14 more w to go.

It was a bad call, but I'm not going to complain about how we got the win!

And it's an Eddie that you don't give.

Archived