BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nfl 08

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Giants are looking good early on against Dallas; helped no doubt by having a decent QB. Where did this Johnson guy come from? The 70s?

The Chiefs suck mightily, but the Lions are still on course to have their pick of the top college players. A QB perhaps?

The Giants are looking good early on against Dallas; helped no doubt by having a decent QB. Where did this Johnson guy come from? The 70s?

The Chiefs suck mightily, but the Lions are still on course to have their pick of the top college players. A QB perhaps?

I like Brad, he stopped Gannon in '02, good enough for me.

As for the Lions - very likely, would be a fitting end there for Jon "We'll win 10 games this year" Kitna

i hate this game grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thank God for Eddie.

Who are the main QB prospects this year? I'm pretty sure the outstanding candidates are all juniors.

You're correct - Tim Tebow and Matt Stafford are Juniors, Sam Bradford is a Sophomore, most would list them as the top 3 QB prospects.

I know Stafford has impressed some people, I can't say I know a hell of a lot about him. Sam Bradford had unbelievable numbers in his Freshman year and is on course to break records all over the place. He's not expected to play through to his senior year, so if he doesn't come out in 2009 he will in 2010.

The really interesting one is Tebow out of Florida, who I'm sure most people have heard of. For those that haven't, last year he became the first non-senior to win the Heisman Trophy, and threw for 32 TDs and only 6 INTs. If thats not impressive enough, he also ran for 23 TDs, and has just broken the record for rushing TDs by a Gator (previously help by Emmitt Smith).

The detractors say he wont be able to run on NFL defenses the way he does in College, and criticise the spread option offense that Florida deploy, something which Tebow is tailor made for but is not hugely popular in the NFL (unless you're Bill Parcells or Ronnie Brown). He also gets hit A LOT, and there are doubts over his ability to take such hits in the NFL for a 16+ game season.

I'm hoping he declares for 09, people have been talking about this guy for a long time.

Great to hear it. ;) I'm a long time follower. Remember Jerry Rice and Joe Montana?

Remember them!!!!! I spent many a Sunday night listening to AFRTS in the hope of another Joe to Jerry combo, none better than the last minute win at the Meadowlands. I think the offensive skill position set of Montana, Rice, Taylor, Craig, Rathman and Jones in the SB rout of the Broncos 55-10 is probably the best ever. #16 is one of my lottery numbers as a direct result.

THAT REFFING CREW LAST NIGHT WANTS THE LOMBARDI TROPHY SHOVING UP THEIR BIASED CHEATING ARSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO PENS UNTIL THE FINAL 9 MINS FOR MIAMI AND THEN THE BIGGEST BIASED PI CALL IVE EVER SEEN WHICH COST US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE WE PAYING ALL SEASON FOR THE CHARGERS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're correct - Tim Tebow and Matt Stafford are Juniors, Sam Bradford is a Sophomore, most would list them as the top 3 QB prospects.

I know Stafford has impressed some people, I can't say I know a hell of a lot about him. Sam Bradford had unbelievable numbers in his Freshman year and is on course to break records all over the place. He's not expected to play through to his senior year, so if he doesn't come out in 2009 he will in 2010.

The really interesting one is Tebow out of Florida, who I'm sure most people have heard of. For those that haven't, last year he became the first non-senior to win the Heisman Trophy, and threw for 32 TDs and only 6 INTs. If thats not impressive enough, he also ran for 23 TDs, and has just broken the record for rushing TDs by a Gator (previously help by Emmitt Smith).

The detractors say he wont be able to run on NFL defenses the way he does in College, and criticise the spread option offense that Florida deploy, something which Tebow is tailor made for but is not hugely popular in the NFL (unless you're Bill Parcells or Ronnie Brown). He also gets hit A LOT, and there are doubts over his ability to take such hits in the NFL for a 16+ game season.

I'm hoping he declares for 09, people have been talking about this guy for a long time.

Stafford looks very steady, very solid. Tebow is a very exciting player, the white Michael Vick perhaps? Minus the animal cruelty of course.

The Clemson QB Cullen Harper is supposed to be a big deal, though I'm not sure what class he is. As is Colt McCoy at Texas. Chase Daniel from Missouri is perhaps the leading senior going into the draft.

As well as that, the Buckeyes have a real Rolls Royce playing at QB - Terrelle Pryor is only 18 and was the most sought after prospect last year.

To be honest I'd be surprised if Chase Daniel went any earlier than the 3rd round, it's hard to imagine someone as small as him going any earlier than that.

It's hard to imagine there being a senior QB taken in the 1st round, Hunter Cantwell is the probably the most likely, a lot will depend on how he goes as the starter at Louisville now Brian Brohm is out of his way.

Tebow is something else - early in his Junior year he has already equalled Vince Young's number of rushing TDs scored in college (37).

To be fair, Eli Manning could look poor playing for the Raiders right now. Still funny as hell though.

Thanks for bumping this by the way, Broncos-Browns tonight had slipped my mind til I saw this! Just put it to record now.

To be fair, Eli Manning could look poor playing for the Raiders right now. Still funny as hell though.

Thanks for bumping this by the way, Broncos-Browns tonight had slipped my mind til I saw this! Just put it to record now.

the fade hahaha......just deleting some of the g/f crap to make room for the game.

Should be a very close game tonight. The Broncos offence needs to recapture the form of the first few weeks of the season if they manage that they shouldn't be far away.

Except they have no defense.

26th against the pass and 23rd against the run or something along those lines. No rush offense either and are lousy managing the clock.

They are allowing some 70pct of passes completed, so its a good time to introduce Brady Quinn. He's basically playing a defense that is very kind to QBs right now.

Archived