BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nfl 08

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like college football a lot but I can't really keep up with it to be honest. There's so many teams and so many games that it's hard to stay on top of. I usually just stick to the highlights and bowl games.

I follow Notre Dame when I can but they really suck these days. It's years since they've been a seriously competitive program. However as an Irish catholic, there's really few other teams that I should be following to be honest. ;):o Boston College is an alternative I suppose...

I quite like the fighting Irish too. I think they beat Navy over the weekend, Navy came back in the game in 4th qtr, but failed on their last few drives.

I agree - It is hard to keep up, with so many divisions.. Pac10, Big 10, Big 12 etc etc.

I generally watch games involving any of the Big Ten (11), or anything involving any of the draft prospects I've heard of. I made a particular effort to understand the draft a couple of years back so its now usually around this time of year I'll start watching more and more as draft fever kicks in.

Watched a good game yesterday, b/w Alabama and Miss St. Alabama this season look like going all the way.

Can I ask a question, whats the difference b/w NASN and NCAA?

In a way college football is like European football. The conferences are the different leagues and the bowls are the Champions League/UEFA Cup.

College football is our equivalent to football (soccer). You have allegiances that have been passed down in the family, or based where you go to school (it just starts a little later in some cases!). Especially in the south and midwest, people live and die by how well their school does.

I cant believe the following these college's pull in, the crowds are somtimes bigger than NFL.

Which confs are the higher tiers (i.e equiv of Champions league)?

Currently watching the the Dallas and Redskins game. Score tied at 7-7

Apologies - I thought NASN was World-wide - I take it you don't get it in Oz then? Assuming your in Oz right now, I'm not sure how to read your locations status!

No worries - Yeah, still in Oz at the the moment. Will be here for the next 3-4 months (I need a proper summer for a change ;)), then back home to England.

Re: NASN - no we don't get that channel here (wish we did, as I like watching NHL). On this side of the pond, we get Foxtel (similar to Sky), Setanta and ESPN. Get around four NFL games a week and two College games. Love the game..

I assume in Australia they either have their version of ESPN broadcast Ameriacn Sports or an alternative ESPN is offered?

Yeah pretty much.. Some of the image graphics and ads have been tailored to Aus and NZ (obviously), but everything else in terms of programming, is US based. (SportsCentre, Blitzweek, PTI etc etc).

Good coverage overall, I wish I had this package for the recent World Series Baseball that just past.

The other small difference is some of the football (Siere A, EPL & La liga) pre-game commentary is Australian, but the strange thing is they use US filters on the cameras, so it actually looks like it is filmed in the US.

I agree - It is hard to keep up, with so many divisions.. Pac10, Big 10, Big 12 etc etc.

I cant believe the following these college's pull in, the crowds are somtimes bigger than NFL.

Which confs are the higher tiers (i.e equiv of Champions league)?

The best conference is probably the Southeastern Conference (SEC). The other one that is good this year is the Big 12. The Big Ten, Pacific 10, and Atlantic Coast Conference are next. The Mountain West Conference is having a fantastic season right now. There are also tons of smaller conferences that are below that level.

College football does have large attendances. The top division (120 teams) averaged nearly 47,000 fans per game, compared to 68,000 for the NFL. The 10 largest stadiums in the US mainly host college teams, with another 11 between FedEx Field and the next NFL stadium. On game days, Nebraska's stadium holds so many people that it becomes the third largest "city" in the state.

I assume in Australia they either have their version of ESPN broadcast Ameriacn Sports or an alternative ESPN is offered?

We get two live games monday (Sunday arvo game and SNF) and usually one (Monday night football) live on Tuesday. All on free to air.

If anyone in oz wants to know they are broadcast on Channel 1 (ten HD). Ten takes the feed from whoever is broadcasting in the states, CBS,NBC and ESPN.

If we don't beat the Raiders tonight I might just give up on sport altogether

JEESSSUS THIS IS BAD AGAIN...ST OMG DONT EVEN LAY HAND ON THE FAIDER AND THEN WE RUN A DRAW AND GO FOR FG .....ITS ROVERS ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was awful, like Lions last season awful. One of the Broncos or Chargers are making the play offs at .500 or below, and at this moment in time I reckon I'd back the Chargers. Either way neither are going past the first week in Jan.

Worse than Rovers.

Archived