BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nfl 08

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is at 3:30 am your time, so if you go to sleep early the night before, you should be fine.

sky + is set...no internt on tues and the stellas will be put in the fridge for a 6pm start tues night hahaahaha ,ive talked the other half into seeing mama mia again ..happy days.

couldnt of been "RING MY" bell he would have fumbled it!

Two close and entertaining games to begin the season with. I watched the Jets Vs Dolphins game mostly. Only a narrow margain win for the Jets with Farve having a good debut. The Dolphins also looked much improved on last season, although it wasn't possible for them to be much worse. ;)

Their QB Pennington looked a bit shakey at first but had a decent game and should have a good season in Miami.

As for The Seahawks, well a heavy defeat in what should been a close game on paper isn't exactly a good way to start the season. Long way to go yet.

Brady limped off with knee injury as well, that goes without saying it will be a big blow to the Pats if he's out or any length of time.

You shouldn't be. When a rookie looks to be your #1 target (assuming Reggie Browns Hammy is as bad as I suspect), you are in a world of hurt. Unless Westbrook can somehow manage 3,000 all purpose yards.

I'll just bring this back up again...

OK, so the Rams secondary wasn't great. The Rams weren't great at all.

Saying that...Jackson had a stellar game. McNabb was outstanding and we had 3 receivers over 100 yards. Without Curtis and Brown.

Good start.

Awesome finish in San Diego. The Chargers looked like they'd won it but Delhomme delivered a pass from nowhere for the win. Awesome stuff. Not a bad spectacle in Miami either. Favre's still got it, even if it was the Dolphins. The Saints game was pretty crap.

Not cool.

Anyway, I've not seen the game, but the stats suggest a very impressive performance from the Broncos last night. 44 points, Cutler just short of 300 yards, 0 turnovers, only 3 penalties. I know it's only the Raiders, but good signs.

Ok I have a question for our American friends.

I've alway wondered this and perhaps one of you has the answer.

Why is American Football called football? I mean its predominately played with your hands, throw and catch. The foot is only really involved for punting.

Does it have something to do with the history of the game?

Or something else?

Cheers

Ok I have a question for our American friends.

I've alway wondered this and perhaps one of you has the answer.

Why is American Football called football? I mean its predominately played with your hands, throw and catch. The foot is only really involved for punting.

Or something else?

Cheers

I was told it's because the ball is a foot long, but then again I'm gullible.

Or something else?

Cheers

It used to be a game very similar to old rugby, before Webb Ellis ran with the ball - a bit like Aussie Rules. They spent most of their time kicking it to each other. Some bloke then initiated the forward pass which changed it all.

I don't particularly like The Pats but it's never nice to see a player go down with a serious injury.

I HAD thought this was the typical response to an injury for most people. However, I've never seen so many people celebrate an injury as I have in this case. I've heard people hope that this is a career ender. I even heard someone say something to the effect of "its a start, now if only someone can kill him now."

I don't know if its teh side-effect of the bellicheat thing, the whole, knock up one supermodel and leave her for another, somethign else, or a combination of it all.... but, the level of joy in this case is unreal. And this if from a fan of another AFC East team, I just can't be happy about someone getting hurt. I'll use it to needle Pats Fans a bit, but I'm not going to revel in his pain.

I know new england fans are over the top at times, but the backlash in this case confounds me.

I think my Rovers shirt jinx has found it's way to the NFL.

When I was in NYC at the turn of the year, I bought two jerseys, one Giants with Shockey on the back, and one Pats with Brady on the back. Since then, one of them has suffered a fate so terrible that it's debatable whether or not he'll ever play the game at a decent level again. And the other has suffered a serious knee injury. I can only apologise.

When I was in NYC at the turn of the year, I bought two jerseys, one Giants with Shockey on the back, and one Pats with Brady on the back. Since then, one of them has suffered a fate so terrible that it's debatable whether or not he'll ever play the game at a decent level again. And the other has suffered a serious knee injury. I can only apologise.

LMAO! You dont think much of the saints then? I can see them getting to the championship game as a minimum.

I went with an Umenyiora jersey. Far safer. :)

In any case. When I was in NYC in June/July, I saw the sum total of four jerseys for sale. Where did you get yours?

I got them from Modells on 42nd just along from the Hyatt hotel. There was a hell of a lot in there, almost all teams had something in there, I saw Giants 1st and 2nd shirts with Umenyiora, Shockey, Manning, Burress and Strahan on. My other half likes Tiki Barber, got her a large kids with Barber 21 on the back for $5, bargain.

Loads of stuff in Champs in Times Square too, but a lot more expensive. They do the up to date shirts with past players names on, came very close to getting a Broncos TD jersey in there.

LMAO! You dont think much of the saints then? I can see them getting to the championship game as a minimum.

It was mostly for comedic effect to be honest, I think the Saints will be fine this year. Play offs atleast, they aren't in the strongest division, but I don't see them having enough to get to the NFC Championship game. Could be wrong, the great thing about the NFL is that it's so hard to predict.

haha yessssssssssssssssssssss what a performance................cutler to eddie oh yessssssssssssssssssss

god bless shanny and god bless stelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaa

EASY EASY EASY EASY..........IN THE WORDS OF CHUBBY

RAIDERS RAIDERS WHO DA F ARE RAIDERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

did you see al davis hahahaha

Archived