BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nfl 08

Tavaris Jackson is pants so it would have been a good move. Pennington's just a placeholder in Miami until Henne is ready.

He's been having a good preseason so far though. Right now it looks like TJ can step up and do a job for them.

By the way...I love preseason.

Love it.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sky have still got it by the looks of things - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12949,00.html

I hope Setanta never get it, they'd be getting Alan Parry and Steve McManaman doing the commentary something ridiculous like that!

Agreed, Sky's coverage it excellent.

Has anything happened with Pennington? I haven't watched Total Access since I last posted on this thread. Agreed on Henne btw.

Wasn't Pennington a free agent? I don't think the Jets got anything in return.

He's been having a good preseason so far though. Right now it looks like TJ can step up and do a job for them.

By the way...I love preseason.

Love it.

Did you see the McKelvin and Dixon TDs from the Bills-Steelers game in Toronto? McKelvin looks to be an excellent return man and and Dixon was kicking ass all the way to the Heisman at Oregon before he got injured.

Did you see the McKelvin and Dixon TDs from the Bills-Steelers game in Toronto? McKelvin looks to be an excellent return man and and Dixon was kicking ass all the way to the Heisman at Oregon before he got injured.

Nope, didn't see that. Too busy checking on McNabb's progress (he's looking great) and how Asante Samuel is settling in. Oh and DeSaun Jackson's progress as he gets used to the offense. He was excellent against the Panthers. Exciting times.

I didn't know that. Wow, I'm really out of the loop.

Can't see why they've done that....

I think Parcells drafted Pennington while at the Jets. So that's maybe why he thought it a good idea to sign him up in Miami as well.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Miami radio station 790 The Ticket, which is in Johnson's hometown, the receiver has legally changed his last name to "Ocho Cinco." Johnson's -- sorry -- Ocho Cinco's reported name change has been rumored in NFL circles for weeks, and according to the station today, it's official.

Johnson forewarned the public that a major surprise was coming during a recent interview with Chris McKendry on ESPN's SportsCenter.

"A lot of people look at Chad Johnson and say he's crazy and he does a lot of stuff, but I don't think people really understand how smart I really am," Johnson said. "So come Sept. 7, I believe when we play the Baltimore Ravens, I think that's the game, there's a surprise for everybody -- for everybody. When I say something, it is what it is, just enjoy it. Because it's going to last 16 weeks, plus some more."

what a pillock!!!!

I'm really excited for the season to start as well. I'm quietly optimistic about the Eagles. McNabb is looking sharp and it looks live we have good depth at that position should anything happen. Kolb had a good camp and preseason. Curtis' injury is cause for concern though but it even looks like DeSean Jackson is going to step up. Return game looks good too.

Should be interesting.

According to Miami radio station 790 The Ticket, which is in Johnson's hometown, the receiver has legally changed his last name to "Ocho Cinco." Johnson's -- sorry -- Ocho Cinco's reported name change has been rumored in NFL circles for weeks, and according to the station today, it's official.

Johnson forewarned the public that a major surprise was coming during a recent interview with Chris McKendry on ESPN's SportsCenter.

"A lot of people look at Chad Johnson and say he's crazy and he does a lot of stuff, but I don't think people really understand how smart I really am," Johnson said. "So come Sept. 7, I believe when we play the Baltimore Ravens, I think that's the game, there's a surprise for everybody -- for everybody. When I say something, it is what it is, just enjoy it. Because it's going to last 16 weeks, plus some more."

what a pillock!!!!

Haha, what a complete dork.

You shouldn't be. When a rookie looks to be your #1 target (assuming Reggie Browns Hammy is as bad as I suspect), you are in a world of hurt. Unless Westbrook can somehow manage 3,000 all purpose yards.

Sure, losing Curtis is bad news. I don't think Reggie will be away for too long though, guess we'll see.

And yeah, it's not a optimal situation when you have to rely on a rookie more than and earlier than expected. But indications during training camp and preseason is that Jackson has picked up the system quickly and that he can do a job. Guess we'll have to hope that guys like Avant and Baskett can step up.

The good news is that McNabb looks sharp and up for it. It will be interesting to see how Booker and Buckhalter fits in. Seems they want to spread West and Booker around a bit and it'll be interesting to see how it works out.

broncos on mnf and im on nights...happy days may have to start early and get home early.

GUTTED GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ON FRIGGING DAYS GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Superbowl predictions

broncos!!!!!

realistc prediction...cowboys.((hope not tho))

sneaky dark horse jets

GUTTED GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ON FRIGGING DAYS GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Superbowl predictions

broncos!!!!!

realistc prediction...cowboys.((hope not tho))

sneaky dark horse jets

It is at 3:30 am your time, so if you go to sleep early the night before, you should be fine.

Archived