BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was kind of my point too ;)

Is there any chance it might not be one of Hughes or Scolari? As I mentioned before, the odds are looking good for them...

Not as far as I am aware. I think the major players within Chelsea have their opinions and I don't see why they should change them in just a few days.

The Rijkaard plunge makes me smile. It was Mancini two days ago, Ancelotti yesterday.

Rijkaard's reason for not wanting the job can't have altered.

And the theory that Arnesen wants Rijkaard is wrong. Arnesen wants Mark Hughes.

You have a shortlist and you work down the shortlist.

This shortlist is very short, and it looks like Scolari tops it.

Let's face it, if Scolari says "no", Hughes will say "yes", he won't have to think about it.

I don't think it's quite as straightforward as that. Hughes has his backers, the main man has his ideas. It will be worked out between them at Chelsea, but they will want to know if Scolari fancies it before they consider him. I think they take it for granted that your man would.

So who do you have your money on? Is your feeling strong enough at this point that you would advise to put more money on?

My money's always been on BOTH of the candidates. I wouldn't have said so and not backed it up. If mrs nicko would let me I would pawn the puppies and have even more on.

Not that I ever encourage gambling... ;)

Weren't you laying Hughes on Betfair at one stage though Nicko?

Seem to recall that you started off Laying one of them and then had to swap to back them.

I was laying when I thought the story was wrong, then I found out it was right and that he was a runner from my own info. The beauty of Betfair is that you can do that.

Big Phil has spoken. I don't know exactly what was said but it might well be significant. If he is putting everyone off about a decision until after Euro 2008 then he will miss out on the Chelsea job.

Well if Big Phil has ruled himself out then hoepfully Chelsea will get their fingers out and ask Hughes. The sooner its over the sooner we can get planning....

I agree

If Hughes does leave we need to start the process of finding a new manager and then there is the issue about future transfers. It won't do us any good if Chelsea decide to wait until after the euros to make their decision.

I agree

If Hughes does leave we need to start the process of finding a new manager and then there is the issue about future transfers. It won't do us any good if Chelsea decide to wait until after the euros to make their decision.

If theyre waiting until after the Euros I'd imagine there'll be some indication that Scolari does indeed want the job though.

We don't need to wait. Sack Hughes and start the ball rolling. :o

If theyre waiting until after the Euros I'd imagine there'll be some indication that Scolari does indeed want the job though.

So this whole saga might not end for more or less another month... :rolleyes:

If they decide after the euros to go with Scolari and not Hughes, we might miss out on players who Hughes had in mind to bring in for Rovers because the board or Hughes decided to wait to see what happens.

I don't like this one bit, for me it needs to be settled before the euros, one way or the other.

Remember Chelsea will want their new manager in before the Euros probably. All those top players in action and all that money to spend - you'd think they'd want someone at the helm while it's on making targets. My best guess is that if it does indeed go on over the Euros it's probably going to be Scolari - even if it isn't announced officially.

Archived