BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many 'popular' England internationals are there.

Owen is one and is well known to be into gambling. However he's recently set up his stables in Cheshire and appointed Nicky Vaughan as trainer of his up-and-coming racing and breeding empire. It's meant to be fairly state of the art so i can't see him doing it on the back of £1 million gambling debts.

So who does that leave who can be classed as popular? Certainly not the likes of Rooney, Terry, Cashley, Neville, Gerrard, Lampard.

It's also interesting it refers to premiership star rather than England star. This could mean not an England regular.

Gareth Barry possibly? Or how about squeaky-clean Theo?

You can tell I'm bored can't you !

Owen is one and is well known to be into gambling. However he's recently set up his stables in Cheshire and appointed Nicky Vaughan as trainer of his up-and-coming racing and breeding empire. It's meant to be fairly state of the art so i can't see him doing it on the back of £1 million gambling debts.

So who does that leave who can be classed as popular? Certainly not the likes of Rooney, Terry, Cashley, Neville, Gerrard, Lampard.

It's also interesting it refers to premiership star rather than England star. This could mean not an England regular.

Popular premiership star...could be anyone!

Remember when the press was going on about 'a top premiership star' cheating on his missus and it turned out to be our own flitty!

Remember when the press was going on about 'a top premiership star' cheating on his missus and it turned out to be our own flitty!

I remember it well. The day the story broke we were away to leicester at the old Filbert Street. Probably one of the best receptions Flitcroft ever got from the Rovers fans when he came out.

We went 1-0 down, Sparky equalised and some irritating squirt called Dickov hit the winner for Leicester. :angry2:

Back on topic, Rijkaard still favourite at 3.6 and I've just layed a chunk of him. I've said it all along but I still find it hard to believe that Chelsea are considering Hughes in the same shortlist as Scolari, Rijkaard, Mancini and Ancelotti. Thats not because of his management abilities but because Chelsea are striving to become a global giant and I just feel they'll go for an international 'name'.

Pompey trying to hijack Spurs bid for Richard Dunne.

Forgot that the transfer window was open....

I believe Dunne wants to go to Tottenham rather than Portsmouth. The fee won't be that high either as he only has one year left on his contract.

Just read the Scolari quotes...none the wiser.

Could it be ...Mr. David Bentley?

Rooney, Rio or Terry would be my guesses.

They would have to be doing some serious gambling to be that much in debt with their wages wouldnt they?

I know it is possible but just seems crazy to be able to gamble away that much money! At least someone on loads of money will be able to clear debts faster than your average punter.

Will probably turn out to be some random fringe player - What about David James?

Doubt it'll be a West Ham player. The two who were in debt at our place were Roy Carroll (also liked/s a drink) and Matty Ehterington. Etherington has still got a massive gambling problem even after the club have bailed him out before- allegedly. Sheringham is bloody good at poker and turned these two and others over in the card school- this added to the tension and issues Pardew and then Curbishley had to deal with- allegedly.

Anyway- I reckon it will be either Terry or Owen. Just because they have a 1million pound 'debt' doesn't of course mean they are ruined financially- they're both multi-millionaires anyway.

Archived