BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What odds you got on Hughes? I just got 9/1 but for some reason it would only let me put £5 on. Weird!

Is that on Betfair? It depends on who wants to match which bets.

I just had a quick glance on Betfair and there was only 5 quid available to bet on Sparky at 11.5 but 74 quid if you were prepared to take lesser odds of 11 etc.

There's some decent money to be made on Hughes and Scholari if nicko is right, with Rijkaard, Mancini and Ancelotti currently all much shorter in the betting.

What odds you got on Hughes? I just got 9/1 but for some reason it would only let me put £5 on. Weird!

Well I stuck £40 (I had 25 in my account I had forgotten about) on Paddy Power when the odds were at the worst a couple of days back (4/1) :angry2: but will still win £160 that way, and stuck 37 quid at 9s on VC Bet an hour back, think theyve dropped since.

About 1000000/1?

I don't get it. Why would he rather play for Scolari then Sir Alex Ferguson?

Thats pretty good odds.

I dont think he would rather play for Scolari...BUT with all the talk of him going to Real, if he was going to leave then going to work for your old international boss, who i would have though he has a tremendous amount of respect for would be quite appealing.

Plus real arent the only ones who can pay 200k a week or whatever was quoted.

:blink:

T4E will love me here, but he would be one Rangers player, (along with the defender/ Rb begins with C, name has totally left me) that I'd like to see us gamble on

I'll take it you mean Cuellar?

Whats the latest best odds on Hughes to Chelsea?

Hughes will not go to Chelsea because they won't ever offer him the job- there is simply no chance! not saying hughes wouldn't take it- chelsea just will not go for hughes, full stop.

Thanks, will take your word over the countless individuals with proven links to the club who have told us otherwise.

Don't shoot the messenger but I have been told indirectly (although not as indirectly as you might think) that a close friend of Hughes has said he is "nailed on" for the Chelsea job, and the person in question has apparently backed this with a bet to the tune of £5k.

I really hope this is wrong although the source is very good/reliable. Either way as someone who doesn't normally bet I have had a small wager to cover the eventuality and to cushion the blow, although personally I would rather lose my money!

Thanks, will take your word over the countless individuals with proven links to the club who have told us otherwise.

Mate, they can bleet on as much as they want with their doom and gloom - but i fail to see chelsea resorting to offering the job to our manager- an opinion of course, but one that is as informed as any other

Don't shoot the messenger but I have been told indirectly (although not as indirectly as you might think) that a close friend of Hughes has said he is "nailed on" for the Chelsea job, and the person in question has apparently backed this with a bet to the tune of £5k.

I really hope this is wrong although the source is very good/reliable. Either way as someone who doesn't normally bet I have had a small wager to cover the eventuality and to cushion the blow, although personally I would rather lose my money!

If the person in question is involved in football circles then £5k is nothing to them.

I've accepted Hughes is gone. He doesn't have any ties to the club and by the sounds of it he wants out so why bother fretting about it?

Mate, they can bleet on as much as they want with their doom and gloom - but i fail to see chelsea resorting to offering the job to our manager- an opinion of course, but one that is as informed as any other

It's not as informed as any other though...unless you know people within the club who have told you otherwise?

Take my advice, stick some money on Hughes and Scolari, the prices are still good. It will be one of the two and will soften the blow if Sparky leaves.

If the person in question is involved in football circles then £5k is nothing to them.

I've accepted Hughes is gone. He doesn't have any ties to the club and by the sounds of it he wants out so why bother fretting about it?

In some ways im glad....last season was really really boring. Even if we get the wrong guy in and end up in a relegation fight, at least it will add a touch of excitment to proceedings.

With Hughes, I just think we had a pretty decent manager who has manged to sign some top class players for us. Also, I cannot see anyone else spending our tiny transfer budget so wisely. Of course, Hughes was going to go sometime, but he would have had more money to spend this summer, so would have been interesting to see what he could do with it.

All potential managerial replacements make me cringe. Suppose need to get on with it, but it will take a bit of time.

the drama :rolleyes:

Would you all please calm down?

Hughes would be stupid not to accept the chance of joining one of the biggest clubs in the world (in money, at least).

But, as far as we know, Hughes is just one of many possibilities they are looking at.

Would any of you guess that Avram Grant would be Chelsea's manager after Mourinho left?

With Hughes, I just think we had a pretty decent manager who has manged to sign some top class players for us. Also, I cannot see anyone else spending our tiny transfer budget so wisely. Of course, Hughes was going to go sometime, but he would have had more money to spend this summer, so would have been interesting to see what he could do with it.

All potential managerial replacements make me cringe. Suppose need to get on with it, but it will take a bit of time.

unbelievable! a bit of faith, please!

In some ways im glad....last season was really really boring. Even if we get the wrong guy in and end up in a relegation fight, at least it will add a touch of excitment to proceedings.

Erm Yeah about that. We, at Fulham, hoped for a bit of excitement. Most of us suffered depression, some found the drink to be the answer during last season. So personally I would not advice anyone to hope for a relegation battle.

A famous Joni Mitchell song comes to mind here..

'Tis true. On the other hand, if both Hughes and Bentley stay and he pulls another couple of signings out of the bag, it would also be exciting. Unfortunately that is not going to happen.

Just trying to make the best out of a ###### situation....

'Tis true. On the other hand, if both Hughes and Bentley stay and he pulls another couple of signings out of the bag, it would also be exciting. Unfortunately that is not going to happen.

Just trying to make the best out of a ###### situation....

I'd still much rather we have a season like last season and be the 7th best side in the country rather than being dragged into a dogfight - something that would more likely than not catapult us out of the top 10 and with the money we have to spend end up being another Wigan - or even worse.

Oh dear oh dear. This is nearly as bad as the bentley thread with the way many are talking. I am reading things like:-

I just think we had a pretty decent manager
What do you mean had? He hasnt gone anywhere?

As Ultrablue points out

unbelievable! a bit of faith, please!

Stop with the Doom and Gloom will you and enjoy the sunshine. We still have Hughes and we still have Bentley :rolleyes:

I'd still much rather we have a season like last season and be the 7th best side in the country rather than being dragged into a dogfight - something that would more likely than not catapult us out of the top 10 and with the money we have to spend end up being another Wigan - or even worse.

Yeah i guess...im just bored.

Stop with the Doom and Gloom will you and enjoy the sunshine. We still have Hughes and we still have Bentley :rolleyes:

Reading your comments on bentley on the other thread, we seem to be of a similar mind - it seems to me some fans talk players out of our club - positive thinking never did any harm and talk of £5,000 bets by friends of friends just smacks of panic posting to me.

Archived