BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

I wonder if Chelsea might be pretty close to announcing a new manager what with Chelsea getting rid of Ten Cate.

Perhaps they have settled on a choice and the new manager coming in clearly doesn’t want him there. Unless they are still at the interviewing process and the general consensus was they wouldn’t want to work with him.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First manager to win three in a row for Celtic since the late, great Jock Stein.

He's now won the fans over up at Paradise.

Leaving for Ewood would be a step down.

Never in a million years,anybody can win the scottish `two-team` league.Strachan never did anything in the prem as manager and if he came back as manager i would put money on him never getting a team into the top 6.

Sorry but if Hughes went to Chelsea,Strachan would be the LAST man i would want to see in charge at Ewood.

Williams is very shrewd, he will have back up after back up plan locked away in his safe behind a picture of uncle jack!

If MH leaves, we are in a very good position for attracting another decent manager.

I do hope JW does have a cunning plan if the worst was to happen.

The opinions about whether Sparky has done enough or won enough are irrelevant. They are only opinions.

The opinions that matter - at Chelsea - are the ones that count.

Maybe I said it in Americanese but isn't that pretty much the point I made? Riveting stuff right now. Part of me wants Sparky to stay but another part of me is wondering if it is time for him to move on. If he get's realy close to the Chelsea job without actually getting it will he have had enough of a taste of the big time to want more.

Can we still expect the best from him. Just throwing stuff out there.

Ooijer's quotes are old. His circumstances may change, so I wouldn't worry about him bleating at the moment. It's not a priority.

Rio is part-Caribbean, so they want him to promote England in the visit. Don't ask me why...

Been sent to promote Man Utd more like.

Hope the link below is true. They have attempted to appoint Sven before. He has international experience, experience of managing the Premiership, winning titles etc - would be awsome for them...... here's we don't like that word, please don't use it hoping!!

Sven Goran Eriksson is, according to media sources in Sweden, a nailed on certainty to take the Chelsea position

His head has been spun it looks like. I hold out a hope he'll stay, but it's clear to the whole world that his been tapped up to ###### yet we haven't complained, our fans have been bombarding our director who posts on one of our forums to complain about them. It's just been @#/? really, every day we see a new person, even obscure people from Barrys past, urging him to move on to Liverpool, as though his career falls apart if he stays at the club that made him. I am not surprised that Barry and Bentley are considering their futures, they go on England duty and are better than a lot of the players with all the winners medals.....look at Barry for England compared to Frank Lampard, look at Lamps trophy cabinet, I can understand him wanting some of that to be honest.

As I've already stated an England call up is a poisoned chalice. Apparently the entire scene is awash with the player's agents / business managers etc. I dread our players being selected.

It wouldn't surprise me if Williams has been looking at the possibility of who will come after Hughes long before this Chelsea interest.

I am certain he already has his replacement in mind, since Williams has stated since the outset that he fully expects Sparky to move on to bigget things Williams would have to be a fool not to have a replacement in mind. Whether that person is availa ble or would wish to come to Ewood is another matter.

As I've already stated an England call up is a poisoned chalice. Apparently the entire scene is awash with the player's agents / business managers etc. I dread our players being selected.

My take is there is a certain amount of Pish taking from the "big 4" contingent towards the lads from the smaller clubs. It seems to be as soon as they step up for England they are wanting out of the clubs they are at. They prolly get their poor lil ego's all dented when the big boys start showing of their medals.

I also agree that the agents are there wringing their hands and drooling at the sound of the ca-ching in their bank accounts. PLaying the "well he plays for England and makes X but you only make Y and I can get you X.

Hi Guys, first post.

Am I the only one completely relaxed regarding the Hughes to Chelsea rumours? I really don't belive he's in the running or has ever been more than a name on a long list of possibles. I think the Sven stories out of nowhere sum up how much spin can be put into these things.

I was pretty excited to finally get a look at Bradley last night but was left wondering if he's the player we thought he'd be. I appreciate it's only one game but he had no impact, was late into the tackle on several occasions and was even burned of my Beckham with ease in one passage of play. He's got a very good agent though as you can't help but hear his name being linked to clubs in the papers and on the radio. A poor option in my opinion.

When/if Hughes decides to leave us I'd be looking at Coleman as my first choice. Picked up alot at Fulham, behind the scenes problems in spain but is a young manager with bags of potential.

Sorry but if Hughes went to Chelsea,Strachan would be the LAST man i would want to see in charge at Ewood.

I doubt Hughes will be going anywhere just yet.

I wouldn't particularly want Strachan either although the LAST man bit is a little unfair. It's a long time since big Jock was around and only WGS has managed three in a row for Celtic since.

Just pointing out that a move to Rovers would be a step down for him

Some of the fans at the Hoops have been on his back this year and many thought he would up and leave after the title was secured. I think it is reasonably sure he is now staying but, hypothetically a move to any English PL club ( apart from the big three plus Liverpool) would provide a suitable challenge for him.

If Bentley goes,he goes!

We get 15 million and Hughes/or whoever! :rolleyes:

gets money to buy other quality players. No one is bigger than Rovers

and Bents is starting to think he is! Just remember david, who made

you into an England International?

Also Nicko, you heard anything else on RSC brother

or you know anything about him?

I'm not interested in past players or near misses...I am saying Modric is a superb signing and you would say the same about Dos Santos and Capel.

I don't think there is a pro-Spurs bias in the media.

Who are Spurs getting in at centreback Nicko?

this seems to think Moya & Jarque of Espanyol;

http://www.myfootballnews.co.uk/news_jump....mp;story=829036

(With Dawson leaving ...imagine if that rumour I asked you about turned out to be true :lol: )

Nicko, Paulo Assunção is out of contract. He just terminated it with FC POrto. He used the new contract clause since he had only one year left in his contract.

He would be great for us, a great defensive midfielder.

Any news on him? Any english teams interested?

The odds are also closed for the Chelsea manager.

They seem to close them overnight so they don't get caught out by any developments. According to the history there was no sudden rush of cash on anyone and still a few markets open.

Archived