BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

Any truth that Abramovich is away on one of his yachts for the next ten days so is unlikely to meet any of the contenders until after Euro 08?

I hope this is not true, surely not ? I don't think I could cope with another week of this speculation !! :wacko:

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What did he say Tom, he got billy big timitis too now?

Can anybody else see Scholari turning down Chelsea, I can.

His not that kind of guy really, but yeah he sounds like he wants to leave. He won't crap on us or make a big fuss his never been like that but when you have a player coming out with lines like until a fee is agreed I'm a villa player you kind of get the impression they're waiting for that fee to be agreed.

One last stab next week, MON and Lerner tag team.

Never mind Barry at the moment, sign us a right back and some players in this pathetic sized squad.

Portugese FA have come out and said that Scolari is on the short list.

Looks like they may of received an approach maybe, nicko any news on that?

The quote says the guy knows of Chelsea's interest...no specific approach. The same story - in The Inde - was also catching up with the fact that the big wigs want Sparky.

I keep speaking to people about this (non Rovers fans), and the replies are always the same (from their perspective).

Hughes has not done enough yet to be given the Chelsea job. There are much more higher profile managers potentially available, albeit some of them have not managed in the Premiership yet.

Anyway, this is doing my head in at the moment, and putting me off my work....

The point about Hughes havong not done enough is real, however we are talking chelsea here. What had Grant done exactly? He got the job anyway.

Oh, also, it looks like the press are finally catching up to nicko's suggestions of a few days ago that the insiders want Hughes, odd man out being Roman himself. Good un nicko...............waits for the usual suspects to discredit.

The point about Hughes havong not done enough is real, however we are talking chelsea here. What had Grant done exactly? He got the job anyway.

The opinions about whether Sparky has done enough or won enough are irrelevant. They are only opinions.

The opinions that matter - at Chelsea - are the ones that count.

Will check, but that would be totally ridiculous.

As ridiculous as sacking a manager 7 months after giving him a 4 year contract?

or Sacking a manager who got you back into the title race and just missed out on winning the prize you desire most?

Roman is a ticking time bomb and one day he'll implode.

If Spurs sign the players they are currently chasing they will be strong. There was NO reason for that optimism a year ago.

If they had signed the players they have previously been linked with, they would probably have a couple of hundred players and be the best team in the world.

Is there an unoffical media rule to promote Spurs at any opportunity? Not that you are bad at it Nicko, but in the main, the national media push them as much as the big 4 clubs. I've always thought it was linked to the ownership of many of the papers on Fleet St.

On a separate point- did anyone hear ‘Lawro’ last night remark that the booking manager for USA’s national team was doing a great job getting friendly games sorted with England, Spain and Argentina in the space of a month. Looking at it sceptically (realistically?) is it not a good PR exercise for teams to play USA with the potential for revenue growth in that huge market?? So maybe it was an easy job to secure good friendly opposition for USA.

As ridiculous as sacking a manager 7 months after giving him a 4 year contract?

or Sacking a manager who got you back into the title race and just missed out on winning the prize you desire most?

Roman is a ticking time bomb and one day he'll implode.

You better hope that day is soon, then.

If they had signed the players they have previously been linked with, they would probably have a couple of hundred players and be the best team in the world.

Is there an unoffical media rule to promote Spurs at any opportunity? Not that you are bad at it Nicko, but in the main, the national media push them as much as the big 4 clubs. I've always thought it was linked to the ownership of many of the papers on Fleet St.

I'm not interested in past players or near misses...I am saying Modric is a superb signing and you would say the same about Dos Santos and Capel.

I don't think there is a pro-Spurs bias in the media.

is it not a good PR exercise for teams to play USA with the potential for revenue growth in that huge market?? So maybe it was an easy job to secure good friendly opposition for USA.

The scheduling for the USA NT historically has been very poor, poor competition, poor planning etc. not sure if it was due to doors being closed or ussoccer's general inability to do things right. But that's been our history. This set of 3 games is probably the toughest string of games we've every played (incuding world cup appearances) so its quite something.

Now the conspiracy theorists will tell you that USA's options int eh past have been limited because few nations in soccer's elite want to wake the potentially sleeping giant that the USA coul dbe in the footballing world, but I'm not sure that holds up.

@ Nicko

The last day of the window, around 11:57.

I am actually terrified about what he'll do this window. We could do with going for it to rival Spurs, but like John Gregory said, must take O'Neill about an hour to get dressed in the morning.

According to a Chelsea forum Ten Cate has been sacked the source being from from a dutch newspaper.

Heard that myself - similar source - but as yet unconfirmed. He is not liked by the Chelsea players, so this would be no surprise. It clears the decks for the next guy.

Well i'm assuming it rules out Rijkaard from the job now. If Rijkaard was to take over Ten Cate would have likely been the assistant just like the setup previously at Barcelona.

Rijkaard is a non-runner for personal reasons. He isn't a major mate of Ten Cate any more anyway.

Nicko, Burnley's wage/income ratio is the worst in the top 2 divisions, Derby excepted which presumably is a bonus promotion issue.

Does this

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-files/Foot...29/deloitte.pdf

and this Brendan Flood quote in Property Week:

At several Town Centre regeneration schemes that would usually attract the cream of UK development, bidders have walked away.

Brendan Flood, managing director of modus, which has several schemes in the pipeline, says: ‘There will be people staggering developments because of the fact that land values have gone downward, more equity is required and construction costs are rising.’ Modus is taking construction management in house on certain projects to reduce costs.

..indicate some financial problems for your mate Coyley?

Flood's whole plan is about turning Turf into some small time shopping mall.

Archived