BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

On a lighter note...Zola is down to about 27 to 1 for the Chelsea job. Told you that 60s was too high.

Won't make a difference, mind you. He's not getting it.

Just something that's doing the rounds, Mancini in and Zola as either as an assistant or a coach, doesn't sound too far fetched.

The Mark Hughes story does though in my opinion, I think he was probably talked about but never really in the running. <_<

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Nicko,

What tales of doom and gloom have you in store for us today?

Nothing yet, but I'm working on it.

I see some of the London fannies in the press have caught up with the fact that it's Hughes or Scolari.

Oh my.

Bradley plays a completely different role for the US than he does for Heerenveen.

I'll agree Bradley wasn't great from what i saw, but i can't judge him on just one game.

True, it's not always wise to judge a player purely on international form. E.g. most of the England players are pretty good for their clubs :)

More seriously look at Joleon Lescott - @#/? (so far) for England, great for Everton (and Wolves, previously).

... and what happens if Scolari says he'll take the job but then changes his mind after Euro 2008?

... or he might um and ar about it (he has other things on his mind) so Chelsea get fed up and go for Hughes anyway.

Chelsea want a straight answer soon. Club officials want Hughes, Roman quite likes the Scolari idea for his sexy football dream.

Scolari has to commit - or tell them he is coming - very soon.

Hopefully very very soon or this will linger too long for anyone's good.

Scorlari had an issue with taking a job before a major tournament before but he probably hoped to get a contract extension out of it. Do you think he would do the same this time or given that he will be unemployed just take the job and then go after Euro 2008 is over?

Hi Nicko,

What tales of doom and gloom have you in store for us today?

Yeah, just found one to cheer you up.

If Tottenham sign any more good players they are going to be the Best of the Rest bet of all time.

Modric is easily the signing of the summer so far, Dos Santos looks likely and if they get the lad Capel from Sevilla they will be something special.

Berbatov is obviously leaving to pay for this, but he won't be missed if those three arrive - and a striker.

Ramos winning the signing stakes by a mile.

Scorlari had an issue with taking a job before a major tournament before but he probably hoped to get a contract extension out of it. Do you think he would do the same this time or given that he will be unemployed just take the job and then go after Euro 2008 is over?

Chelsea want a commitment - verbal or written. The skillful operators at Stamford Bridge who DON'T want him should be able to trip him up and install Sparky instead.

Let's watch and see.

If Tottenham sign any more good players they are going to be the Best of the Rest bet of all time.

Modric is easily the signing of the summer so far, Dos Santos looks likely and if they get the lad Capel from Sevilla they will be something special.

Berbatov is obviously leaving to pay for this, but he won't be missed if those three arrive - and a striker.

nicko, any idea when the approaches might be made by Chelsea for either Scolari or Hughes? Have Rovers been informed of Chelseas interest in Hughes yet?

An yes spuds are making some astute signings, Modric is quality, so they should be good next season, Arshavin is what we need!!!

nicko, any idea when the approaches might be made by Chelsea for either Scolari or Hughes? Have Rovers been informed of Chelseas interest in Hughes yet?

An yes spuds are making some astute signings, Modric is quality, so they should be good next season, Arshavin is what we need!!!

Timing is the big question. It's the next part of the story. And I don't have that answer yet. 'Soon' is the best way of covering it.

There is no need to contact Rovers for Sparky. If they rule out Scolari that is one phone call and game over.

He has to get them to gel Nicko...

Just because he has bought good individuals doesn't mean they will work as a team and then there is the issue about the premier league with the difference in pace and power. Not all foreign players in their first season do well in the premier league.

He has to get them to gel Nicko...

Just because he has bought good individuals doesn't mean they will work as a team and then there is the issue about the premier league with the difference in pace and power.

Accepted, but I would still like to see that lot above any other team in the Prem if he lands them. Ramos has proved he can put a good-looking team together beforew, the signs of that happening at Spurs are good.

Chelsea want a straight answer soon. Club officials want Hughes, Roman quite likes the Scolari idea for his sexy football dream.

Hopefully very very soon or this will linger too long for anyone's good.

If it is Mancini I will be gutted.

Have just thrown some money on Scolari though to cover my Sparky bet.....

Don't be taken in by the southern Spurs hype...

They never fail to fail....

Archived