BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

There are not a lot of options open to Rovers looking at whats around.

We would need a manager that could bring a better or at least same work ethic as Hughes and co and it would probably have to be someone who could gel the back room team as I dont see the whole current backroom staff going to Chelsea should they come calling.

So who is the man and just who can fill the gap and take us further ?

Allardyce ? Stirling record at Bolton and performed miracles for them. Faltered big style at Newcastle but then again who hasnt over the years ? he could do a job at Ewood. Has the right ethics but I am not sure he can improve our footballing ethic. Like Hughes he can inspire the laziest of footballers and get the best out of them.

Ince ? Unproven and has he got the mentality for a very good Premiership outfit ? I am not too sure that he is the man for Rovers should Hughes vacate the Ewood hot seat.

Advocaat ? Having just won a european competition he clearly has a winning pedigree. At Rangers he proved he can also work wonders on a limited budget and find the odd bargain. He boasts a cracking cv and could be a favourite in the running. Could Rovers tempt him over from Russia ?

McClaren/Shearer/Newell/Berg ? No thanks and not yet.

Coleman ? For me a dark outsider. He could be the man to take Rovers forward. Our ex-player has had a bad experience at Fulham and more latterly in Spain. Has shown he has nouse by saving Coventry from the drop. With the right back up team and a good squad (far better than he had at Fulham) he could progress Rovers.

Sven ? I dont think Rovers can provide him with the fat wages he commands so for me its a non starter.

There are no current Premier League managers that can improve us that would be available. Out of the relegated three only Coppell could be considered. Of the three coming up, Tony Mowbray must be a potential prospect but would he leave the comfort zone of WBA for the Ewood hotseat?

Championship managers ? Coleman aside, there are non that would fit the bill.

Johnny Foreigner ? Ottmar Hitzfeld/Riikaard/Mourinho could all be potential replacements couldnt they ?

ROY KEANE depending on ...the quality of his backroom staff ?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are not a lot of options open to Rovers looking at whats around should Mark Hughes leave.

We would need a manager that could bring a better or at least same work ethic as Hughes and co and it would probably have to be someone who could gel the back room team as I dont see the whole current backroom staff going to Chelsea should they come calling.

So who is the man and just who can fill the gap and take us further ?

Allardyce ? Stirling record at Bolton and performed miracles for them. Faltered big style at Newcastle but then again who hasnt over the years ? he could do a job at Ewood. Has the right ethics but I am not sure he can improve our footballing ethic. Like Hughes he can inspire the laziest of footballers and get the best out of them.

Ince ? Unproven and has he got the mentality for a very good Premiership outfit ? I am not too sure that he is the man for Rovers should Hughes vacate the Ewood hot seat.

Advocaat ? Having just won a european competition he clearly has a winning pedigree. At Rangers he proved he can also work wonders on a limited budget and find the odd bargain. He boasts a cracking cv and could be a favourite in the running. Could Rovers tempt him over from Russia ?

McClaren/Shearer/Newell/Berg ? No thanks and not yet.

Coleman ? For me a dark outsider. He could be the man to take Rovers forward. Our ex-player has had a bad experience at Fulham and more latterly in Spain. Has shown he has nouse by saving Coventry from the drop. With the right back up team and a good squad (far better than he had at Fulham) he could progress Rovers.

Sven ? I dont think Rovers can provide him with the fat wages he commands so for me its a non starter.

There are no current Premier League managers that can improve us that would be available. Out of the relegated three only Coppell could be considered. Of the three coming up, Tony Mowbray must be a potential prospect but would he leave the comfort zone of WBA for the Ewood hotseat?

Championship managers ? Coleman aside, there are non that would fit the bill.

Johnny Foreigner ? Ottmar Hitzfeld/Riikaard/Mourinho could all be potential replacements couldnt they ?

There thats better 1864. :rover:

So, by that reckoning, it's a good time to take on Chelsea!

Yeah after just getting the CL final and losing the league title on the final day! Great time to take over!

Liverpool is the job to get, you can't do any worse than that rafa bloke.

Have I missed the announcement that Hughes has left or is everyone just filling this thread with garbage just for the fun of it. Absolutely no point in discussing who we might replace Hughes with untill Hughes has left. Once he has left (whether this month or in 5 yeras time) we will have plenty of time to have a nice separate thread to discuss this in.

kris boyd reminds me of an english dean ashton

that boyd seems to be a good goalscorer in spl-but how come he doesnt start alot of games-is it because of his weight???

:blink:

T4E will love me here, but he would be one Rangers player, (along with the defender/ Rb begins with C, name has totally left me) that I'd like to see us gamble on

Saw this on the BBC transfer gossip and if true we should be taking a proper look at him - Looks a good player and at a decent price:

Wigan manager Steve Bruce is lining up a £3.5m bid for Newcastle's Charles N'Zogbia. (Daily Mirror)

Saw this on the BBC transfer gossip and if true we should be taking a proper look at him - Looks a good player and at a decent price:

Wigan manager Steve Bruce is lining up a £3.5m bid for Newcastle's Charles N'Zogbia. (Daily Mirror)

That story is correct. ;)

Michael Bradley. Big honest boy, runs around, can't remember him actually kicking it to a team-mate. £4.5 million? You are having a laugh.

There's half a dozen "£20 million +" players out there you could say the same thing about in that first half...

"United States midfield man Michael Bradley is being "monitored" - as they say in the trade - by Premier League clubs including Middlesbrough, Blackburn and Everton. Not doing himself any favours here with a very average performance. In his defence he is playing a holding role here as opposed to the more attacking role he plays with Heerenveen in Holland - but he needs to show a lot more."

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at Wembley

and

No wonder everyone wants this boy. Gareth Barry, with probably his first touch, plays a gorgeous pass into the path of Steven Gerrard and he races through and slots expertly past Brad Guzan into the bottom corner. Super goal.

also from the BBC- go on Rafa save up your bottle tops and cast-offs for the Villa man and leave Rovers alone!

Gotta say he's lookd pretty gash. On this performance no thanks

Anyone utterly under-impressed by this should watch the excellent Chileans against Italy in the Toulon final tomorrow.

Skill and a serious game of football.

I can't see Newcastle selling him for that price and he wouldn't go to Wigan anyway IMO.

He wanted to leave in January and play in London but has since said he's happy to stay, he's a far better winger than either Duff or Milner.

I can't see Newcastle selling him for that price and he wouldn't go to Wigan anyway IMO.

He wanted to leave in January and play in London but has since said he's happy to stay, he's a far better winger than either Duff or Milner.

Wigan will try, Newcastle will sell if they go a bit higher, but N'Zogbia is a big head and thinks he is better than them.

Around about midnight on August 31 this one will go through... ;)

No doubt the papers tomorrow will go into a gooey mess over Barry and Gerard teaming up at Liverpool.

Randy Lerner has appointed himself as CEO at Villa- interesting move! I have looked up Lerner, Hicks and Gillett and unless I am mistaken, there is probably a bigger gap from Hicks and Gillett up to Lerner in the wealth stakes (and certainly in class) than there is in football terms from Villa up to Liverpool.

And of course all three have ownerships in US sports so could quite easily talk about this and that and of course Gillett and Hicks have some big Liverpool debts that need rolling this autumn (fall).

I wouldn't be so sure that Gareth Barry will be heading to Liverpool.

I just can't see past Mancini for the job, he seems to tick every box; big name, big reputation, the trophies, top level experience, experience of handling big egos.

I am with you on that LeChuck, just seems to be a fit. These"advisors" of Romans that allegedly are pushing for Hughes, what basis can they use to pick Sparky over Mancini. Lay their CV's side by side and it really is a no brainer.

Archived