BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

After what Nicko said, i think Sparky is as good as gone, Scolari is not going to take the Chelsea job and will not give a definate answer to Kenyon etc before the Euro's. Hughes is going to be the man for them, fair play to him, at least he would be leaving for a top job and not a mediocre one like Spuds or Barcodes.

Not neccessarily.It is very common for foreign managers to agree to manage a different club whilst still contracted to another.Phat Phil could easily say "after 2008 i will step down as coach to manage Chelsea",all phatty would do is give Chelsea a shopping list and let them get on with it.

Most clubs don`t report back for pre-season training until 1st July anyway.Euro 2008 final is on the 29th June so it wouldn`t affect the teams pre-season schedule.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you saying that with a great deal of certainty?

I know Kenyon wants him, Arnesen wants him, Zahavi wants him. But Abramovich still has a sweet spot for Scolari.

However because of the time factor Scolari will have to say 'yes' - even if it mens coming after the Euro finals. I believe he will have to give that commitment very soon...or else it will clearly be Sparky.

Lateral thinking time............

If attractive football and a win at all costs mentality tick his boxes then why doesn't the Russian simply ring up the old RFW? :)

I assume you mean Ferguson ?

Because then Hughes would got to MU ?

People, people, you're missing the big picture.

When Philip and Nicko both say something is going to happen, you can bank that it won't!!

More with the former than the latter, but in this case the former is parroting the latter, so I'm thinking the usual rule doesn't apply.

Good for Sparky - he's been the bridesmaid often enough and we can't complain if he is poached by a Champions League finalist and winner of 2 of the last 3 EPL's.

As to the replacement, I'm hoping for a hat-trick of correct predictions as I plumped for both Souey and Hughes. For me, the lesson is that we need a young, hungry guy who sees what us doing well can offer in his career development, and someone with impeccable player credentials who can dominate the cry-babies with a resounding show us yer medals.

That means no to BFS. Bowen etc and a well-earned promotion for Paul Ince, perhaps assisted by Mike Newell.

Onward and upward

Its 1 of the last 3.

As for next manager - if the rumours come true and Sparky goes then i think we are really struggling for top class contenders. Bowen, Newell or Ince are all backward steps, as is Big Sam. We need someone with a top scouting network, with excellent contacts and the ability to attract good european players.

Good for Sparky - he's been the bridesmaid often enough and we can't complain if he is poached by a Champions League finalist and winner of 2 of the last 3 EPL's.

As to the replacement, I'm hoping for a hat-trick of correct predictions as I plumped for both Souey and Hughes. For me, the lesson is that we need a young, hungry guy who sees what us doing well can offer in his career development, and someone with impeccable player credentials who can dominate the cry-babies with a resounding show us yer medals.

That means no to BFS. Bowen etc and a well-earned promotion for Paul Ince, perhaps assisted by Mike Newell.

Onward and upward

Onward and upward

Mancini it is then :)

It's time for the Rovers board make a more serious commitment to Hughes...

Offer him more money for transfers, for example.

I don't know if the timing is the best for Hughes, Chelsea probably want someone with more experience.

Scolari is out of the portuguese national team after the Euro (at least, that's what he revealed a few months ago) so it wouldn't be a big drama if he signed for Chelsea now.

Also, he wants to stay in Europe after the Euro.

Back page today of one of the tabloids are saying that the new Chelsea manager will be offered £6m salary per season PLUS Bonuses.....what the.!!!!!! you dont turn that kind of offer down.

Hopefully as Nicko says it will all be sorted by the weekend.

Hey, at least if Hughes does go...McCarthy might get his dream move to Chelski :blink:

On a more serius note I think that Slaven Bilic has shown himself to be a good European manager (ala sparky at wales) and would definitely be worth a shout. Also, perhaps a sneaky approach for Dick Aadvocat....maybe he would bring his Mr Arsharvin with him.

Something is happening on Oddschecker...just checked on it again and Roberto Mancini has shot to the top of the favourites list. Let´s hope they know something we don´t yet...

Maybe they are just reordering it based on Party bets bookmaker

Would Laudrup (just left Getafe) be too big of a risk for the English game?Henning Berg too big of a risk?Not that our board is afraid of taking a risk(see the hiring of Sparky).The Advocaat shout would be nice if it included Arshavin wouldn't it?

Would Laudrup (just left Getafe) be too big of a risk for the English game?Henning Berg too big of a risk?Not that our board is afraid of taking a risk(see the hiring of Sparky).The Advocaat shout would be nice if it included Arshavin wouldn't it?

I'd much rather us be going for Berg than Shearer. Advocaat applied for the job last time and could be a good shout but I'd rather go for a younger up and coming manager. How has Berg been doing?

Archived