BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

Hey nicko havent posted for ages!

Think it was actually when we were watching stroke boy

on the last day of the transfer window :lol: !

Anyway back on topic!

One of my friends works in the scouting set up at brockhall

and claims rovers are taking RSC brother on trial, and they

have also spoken to Cisse, as he is desperate to get back to

the premier but he is asking for silly money!

Heard anything of these?Im not the kind of person who

just comes on here and claims to have a false friend "in the know"

just seeing if you could back any of this up?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still not having Roman Abramovic is going to employ Mark Hughes to manage the richest club in the world.

However Hughes has just touched 5.6 favourite on Betfair. If Chelsea came in for him I wonder how much compensation we'd get off them??

One of my friends works in the scouting set up at brockhall

and claims rovers are taking RSC brother on trial, and they

have also spoken to Cisse, as he is desperate to get back to

the premier but he is asking for silly money!

Heard anything of these?

I heard something aboutb the RSC brother line - a few months ago from someone else on here. It's quite possible as I think he has probably been over before.

Cisse is always an option because he moves every year or so.

But I think in the current climate everything is off until we know what happens with the manager...

I'm still not having Roman Abramovic is going to employ Mark Hughes to manage the richest club in the world.

However Hughes has just touched 5.6 favourite on Betfair. If Chelsea came in for him I wonder how much compensation we'd get off them??

Asked earlier on,

Nicko says if Chelsea want him they will pay whatever compensation, but more than likely it will be 2 million.

Hope this chelsea manager thing is resolved soon as it

really does get boring. I really cant see Hughes being the

"Yes man" that im sure Roman will be looking for. He seems

to like the club being run the way he wants.

Whatever happens i hope it gets done soon because

it could be putting the shackles on us in the transfer market

while other clubs are out looking we dont know whats happening

with bents and sparks!

OH YE is Mokoena going or what?

Mihir bohse on the Chelsea succession.

Hughes v Mancini v Big Phil

Just hope the Rovers are ready to pick Sparky up from the disappointment if he doesn't get it.

BTW Bose's comments contradict Nicko's claim that Abro was sticking with Grant until persuaded otherwise by lackeys. Not that important, tho....

Nicko, it seems strange that Bose thinks that club image is important to the powers in appointing their next boss. The fact is, the big clubs are unpopular, whoever their manager is - and Wenger and Ferguson are perhaps the most hated of the managerial fraternity - but also amongst the most successful. Why should Chelsea be concerned about appointing a manager that will win over the hearts of a few neutrals. Makes little sense to me.

BTW Bose's comments contradict Nicko's claim that Abro was sticking with Grant until persuaded otherwise by lackeys. Not that important, tho....

Nicko, it seems strange that Bose thinks that club image is important to the powers in appointing their next boss. The fact is, the big clubs are unpopular, whoever their manager is - and Wenger and Ferguson are perhaps the most hated of the managerial fraternity - but also amongst the most successful. Why should Chelsea be concerned about appointing a manager that will win over the hearts of a few neutrals. Makes little sense to me.

Bose has never made any sense to anyone.

Total waffle.

I have never met Abramovich nor has anyone in the Russian community I know claimed to know him- the man is intensely private and has a very effective network around him.

When I read Bohse's article about appearances, a lot of it made sense based on what I know and see of the seriously wealthy new generation of Russian. These guys are hard as nails but my goodness appearances matter enormously to them. Of course it coulds be simple transference by Bohse applying what he knows about other Russians onto Abramovich and frankly, that's a safe game for Bohse as he's never going to get a contradiction coming out of Abramovich.

But Abramovich is not buying the megayachts, helicopters and the 767 for his own use (OK- he uses the 767 extensively) but they are undoubtedly the best part of billion's worth of boy's toys to impress and keep sending the message that his is bigger than anyone else's. Equally the divorce and new 25 year old flexi-model is all the rage- Putin's got one. The discreet yet made sure everyone knows its him purchase of the Bacon and Freud fits the pattern.

Abramovich's problem is that Mourinho was such an obvious choice to replace Ranieri and now there is nobody ticking perhaps even half the boxes he has for Grant's successor. Given the way Abramovich strung along Ranmieri for ages then slipped Mourinho in pronto rather strengthens the case for Nicko's report that he was persuaded to fire Grant and quite possibly the deed was done quickly to avoid the risk of change of mind or lobbying, particularly from Israel.

The assisin mob has a problem of no agreed replacement and they are going to be nervous until the position is filled so they are going to be very energetic in presenting their favourites. And to the best of my knowledge there are no Jewish candidates who would most definitely have an advantage.

If Abramovich ever meets Hughes, he would probably take our gaffer immediately. The Russians are suckers for the old English quiet authority (I know he's Welsh) and there is no doubt that Sparky has a bearing and charisma about him.

Bohse might have got Hughes, Mancini and Big Phil right as the front runners tonight.

Big Phil is unlikely to be that serious a candidate- wait 'til after Euro 08 (possibly even before being willing to talk about it) and doesn't have the Chelsea style but does have a mind and mouth of his own. And no doubt the red tops feel they have unfinished biz with him after the way he pulled out of the England offer which means of the three he is the risk in terms of possibly turning it down if offered. And no oligarch EVER goes down the road of being publicly refused.

So here's hoping that Mancini's three Scudettos in his first three seasons as a boss (and even with Mogi affair, winning anything with Inter is a bit like Newcastle getting silverware) and his film star good looks appeal to Abramovich (and not too much to the girl friend!). The limitations of Mancini have been massively over-played in myopinion; the guy survived three years under Moratti which is one huge achievement and undoubtedly a "qualification" for working with Abramovich that Hughes cannot match- not that Abramovich is likely to see it that way!

An update after a long and slightly sweaty day...

Mark Hughes is being backed by several senior figures at Chelsea, Abramovich still has a dream about landing Scolari.

However Scolari won't give any form of commitment, so it is looking like Sparky will get the nod.

I think Scolari will be given an ultimatum shortly - maybe a day or so - and if he declines then there will be an approach to Rovers.

It needs to be that kind of time-scale for all concerned.

An update after a long and slightly sweaty day...

Mark Hughes is being backed by several senior figures at Chelsea, Abramovich still has a dream about landing Scolari.

However Scolari won't give any form of commitment, so it is looking like Sparky will get the nod.

I think Scolari will be given an ultimatum shortly - maybe a day or so - and if he declines then there will be an approach to Rovers.

It needs to be that kind of time-scale for all concerned.

C'mon Scolari, take the damned job.

Nooooo, nicko give us a guesstimate on when we will be mangerless.

This has to be sorted out by the end of the week.

Chelsea need a manager and plan to spend. If Scolari does not say he will come - and he is an awkward sod - then Sparky is a virtual cert.

I guess our luck was going to end sometime.

There were some wierd old twists and turns on the Newcastle job which produced a great and very unexpected appointment.

This one just seems to be twisting and turning towards Sparky.

You would think Chelsea want to bring in someone before the Euro Championships rather than after, so that rules out Scolari for me.

We all knew Sparky would move on someday but that doesn't make it a less painful experience.

If he goes we have got to make the right replacement otherwise mid table mediocrity and eventually relegation looms. Its a shame because i was looking forward to this season, Sparky being given the cash to strengthen our midfield and really push for the UEFA Cup, by the end of this week it could all start to unravel.

Nicko, Do you think that Hughes will get the Chelsea job and do you have any ideas who we might replace him with (or is it best for you not to mention who we could go for in case Hughes doesn't take the job) ?

Seems a very worrying time for us Blackburn fans, we could be about to lose our manager and our best player.

After what Nicko said, i think Sparky is as good as gone, Scolari is not going to take the Chelsea job and will not give a definate answer to Kenyon etc before the Euro's. Hughes is going to be the man for them, fair play to him, at least he would be leaving for a top job and not a mediocre one like Spuds or Barcodes.

Archived