BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

Scouser [exiled].

Liverpool.

I'll construct a nice e-mail detailing how Fernando Torres shouldn't be wasting his time at a mickey mouse outfit who are no nearer the premier league title than they were 10 years ago(actually further away as they finished 3rd). Capital of Culture now that's a joke!

They'd only waste Bentley anyway, he'd be better off going to a club who has a chance of winning the title next season.

Edit: Nicko any more on Bradley? As he more than likely play tonight and be firmly in the english shop window.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem i may possibly see from Hughes's perspective is that if he takes this Chelsea job he could serious damage his chances of managing United someday. Its reported that he was a Chelsea fan as a boy and that he enjoyed his time as a Chelsea player, but from what i gather United is is first or main love when it comes to football.

I can also quite easilly see Hughes being sacked after one season if he doesn't win trophies at Chelsea just like Grant. If they want to build for the future then Hughes would be great, but if they want short term results which is what Roman wants then i'm not so sure.

Read the Express yesterday, and they had a back page saying that Chelsea were keen on Keane.

Then inside, they had a list of odds, with Keane the 50/1 outsider, and no mention of him, bizarre.

Just total and utter nonsense as far as I could see.

Nicko,

If Scolari comes in to 6.0 on Betfair and Mancini drifts back out to 4.6 I owe you a pint.

It will be the first time I'll be guaranteed money no matter who gets the job which is an achievement for me!

What bets did you place? Also, when you lay, you are essentially putting down a 2/1 bet that something won't happen right?

I've backed Sven, Hughes and Scolari at big odds and layed them off at shorter (except Scolari which I'm still needing to come shorter). I've layed Mancini this morning. Should he drift to 4.6 I'll back him.

If all goes to plan then I'll win about £70 if Sven or Scolair get the job, £30 if Hughes gets it, £10 if Mancini gets the job and about £15 for everyone else.

I'll not be able to retire but I'll just be chuffed I've got myself into that position.

If Mancini gets the job without drifting I'll be screwed. Cue appointment this morning!

Nicko whats the deal Giovani Dos Santos to spurs?

Is he going or is it paper talk? The guy is quality IMO and should be looking alot higher than Spuds.

I know his agent is trying to do a deal with Man City. However this story may come from Barca who could be using him as bait for Berbatov.

Is the player not to bothered about where he goes then? Would be a good make way in a Berbatov deal, it would bring the cash sum right down and spurs would get a sparkling talent for the future.

I know he is out of our price range but i would love to see him at Ewood.

Nicko,

I have asked before, but any idea how much Farfan is available for this summer??

He has made himself available with his comments, but how much money would it take??

Would be a nice bit of business to get Arshavin and Farfan in for the Bentley money (in my dreams anyway!!!! :lol: )

and it would make a mockery Bentley's price tag.

Nicko,

I have asked before, but any idea how much Farfan is available for this summer??

He has made himself available with his comments, but how much money would it take??

Would be a nice bit of business to get Arshavin and Farfan in for the Bentley money (in my dreams anyway!!!! :lol: )

and it would make a mockery Bentley's price tag.

As much as we'd all love to see Arshavin in a Rovers shirt, he's on huge wages at Zenit (£50k basic plus huge bonuses) and would cost around £11m.

Just got a mail from a mate in Argentina saying that reports over there say 'two team that finished in the top half of the table have launched bids to sign Pablo Aimar.'

At a stab in the dark I'd say Liverpool and Man City. €8m + High wages! Wiki Profile

I saw a Gomis Villa link...nearly wet my paints :D It's probably lies but a nice link.

If Blackburn bid for Bradley then surely it's a no brainer to pick Blackburn over them, am a neutral and I wouldn't think twice.

And as for teams bidding for Pablo Aimar, if any team takes a risk on him fair play, he could turn out to be a bloody class little bit of business....MON said he was looking for creativity (but we all know MON would prob never sign an Aimar type).

Don't Derby wants Roberts again?

Archived