BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

If Rovers followed a similar logic to the last appointment then it could lead them to the Croatian Mark Hughes, Slaven Bilic. Manager of a smallish nation, great respect as a coach within the game, up and coming. If the worst came to the worst, I think he'd be a good call.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Rovers followed a similar logic to the last appointment then it could lead them to the Croatian Mark Hughes, Slaven Bilic. Manager of a smallish nation, great respect as a coach within the game, up and coming. If the worst came to the worst, I think he'd be a good call.

Either that or we'll get John Toshack.

I'm not that bothered if Hughes goes to be honest, there's plenty of good managers about.

nicko-at chelsea i get the feeling that kenyon, arnesen and ambromvich say who to sign? would mark hughes really work under those circumstances??

I would think he would have an input in any signings. Obviously that is something that must be sorted out in advance - along with who is in the backroom team.

We should all know more in the next couple of days...

I would think he would have an input in any signings. Obviously that is something that must be sorted out in advance - along with who is in the backroom team.

We should all know more in the next couple of days...

i heard mourinho didnt really want to sign shevchenko-i know hughes may have an input in some signings, but getting told who to buy when he may not want them might not be good..

it is worrying signs for rovers tho-imagine losing our best manager in years and one of our best players in one summer

I have to admit that I find this speculation of Hughes leaving very sad but like others have more or less stated.....what the hell can Rovers/we do? :(

We simply cant give him the opportunity that Chelsea or any of the top four can provide and thats the hard facts in the cold light of day.

Pure coincidence that Hughes was reported to have put his Cheshire property up for sale recently? :rock:

Hughes to leave, Bentley to leave, Price of Petrol,Oil refinary blockades again,Recession.............GIVE ME A FOOKIN ROPE!!!

Don't particularly enjoy this waiting game, but there is obviously little we can do. Double whammy this morning with the Bentley news as well. Both stories (Hughes to Chelsea & the Bentley one) were on Virgin Radio's sports headlines this morning - was a great start to the day it was hearing that....

I am not going to discuss in-depth the repercussions of losing Bentley and also Hughes. However, it is pretty obvious that intially it could be a hammer blow for the club.

Its the specualtion getting to everyone !

Chelsea will be hard pressed to find themselves looking at Hughes whilst the likes of Riikkard, SGE and Mancini are being mentioned in the same breath.

Ten Cate has been told his job is safe so where would Hughes trusted LT, Mark Bowen find himself ? Steve Clarke at CFC is another top coach who has been assured his job is safe.

If we are to believe the latest reports then it appears that Chelsea have interviewed high profile names, with no comment coming from Ewood I dont think we can exepct highes to be one of those names. Incidentally, the production team for CFC TV are all in Italy until Thursday so I think the media link lies over there.

As for Bentley, I know he has his own thread, I believe he is angling for the move of his dreams however I just dont see Chelsea going for him.

NEWSFLASH MANCINI OUT AT INTER

Panic over, we have completely de-railed the "Hughes to Chelsea" bandwagon by placing a modest wager at 8/1. Should jinx it completely.

(Only 4/1 at Ladbrokes though and Hawksbee and Jacobs were talking it up on Talksport earlier.)

:unsure:

it was nigel spackman who said he had it on the very highest authority that they are going to talk tommorow or thursday with hughes and zola...if they knock hes gone and if its erickscum or fatty sam i will be a broken man.

Just watching Chile v Ivory Coast in Toulon...marvellous. Don't let anyone say there are no good players out there.

Are any of the following playing for Chile tonight Nicko?

Matias Fernandez, Jorge Valdivia, Arturo Vidal and Mark Gonzalez? Anyone interested in them from the prem? Any chance Gonzalez will be moving back to England again this summer?

Just as Hughes quietly let the Rovers know he was interested whilst he was manager of Wales, I would be surprised if his network hasn't tipped the nod to Chelsea.

Assuming that Sparky (or whoever comes in) can right the ship back to how it was in the early Mourinho days, the Chelsea job is significantly better than the Man U one. They are both beds of intrigue and have pain in the rear end characters running around but Sparky has a pretty good inside track on both of them.

The advantages of Chelsea are=

Not succeding a legend- every totemic manager except the Shankley dynasty which Souness ended has been followed by an almoghty flop everywhere; Man U post Busby; Spurs post Nicholson; West Ham after Greenwood; both Derby and Forest after Clough; Leeds after Revie- even Rovers after Kenny.

Unlike Man U after Ferguson, going into Chelsea now will feel like a chance to build from failure- very relative I know but a critical difference in terms of the mindsets of both clubs

If Abramovich can be enthused, he has the deepest pockets in football, end of. By contrast, the Glazer deal constrains Man U at best and could implode at worst. And by 09/10, it will probably be getting difficult for even Man U to get credit off other football clubs in return for inflated headline purchase prices.

From a Rovers' perspective, I would hope that a gentlemen's agreement not to come mining for players in his old patch could be struck with Sparky and honoured.

If Abramovich can be enthused, he has the deepest pockets in football, end of. By contrast, the Glazer deal constrains Man U at best and could implode at worst. And by 09/10, it will probably be getting difficult for even Man U to get credit off other football clubs in return for inflated headline purchase prices.

From a Rovers' perspective, I would hope that a gentlemen's agreement not to come mining for players in his old patch could be struck with Sparky and honoured.

Lakshmi Mittal & The Spanish goverment may disagree <_<

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but wasnt Berg doing a good job in Norway? A Rovers great, countless medals to his name "been there done that, got the t-shirt" so far as trophies go. Could do worse if Hughes goes. Cheaper, too, I'd imagine

Archived