BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

If Hughes goes it will be a loss but the club will get over it. If Bentley goes it will be a loss but the club will get over it. I don't know why people are panicking.

Hughes to Chelsea will mean compo for us and a host of people wanting to be our manager. We will have a wide array of qualified people to choose from, plus the usual chancers who get bandied about for every job going (Souness, Bobby Robson etc.). If Hughes does go he opens up the Old Trafford door to Roy Keane as I doubt Man U will touch him after being involved at their new rivals. It's been stated that he would love to manage clubs he'd played for, I wonder how high Man U is on the list? Or does he go for the bottomless pit of money that is Chelsea?

If Bentley leaves Rovers will receive a big fee for him. We hold all the cards right now. As someone pointed out earlier, it's not in his best interests to spit his dummy out and pout as he wants to play regularly for England. Could be another interesting summer.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw a Gomis Villa link...nearly wet my paints :D It's probably lies but a nice link.

If Blackburn bid for Bradley then surely it's a no brainer to pick Blackburn over them, am a neutral and I wouldn't think twice.

Don't Derby wants Roberts again?

Hopefully not he is quality.

If Hughes is definately staying then he should get stuck in and make an offer before more teams become interested.

Hopefully because he just isn't premiership quality. Do you guys want a striker? lol

Scolari and Mancini's odds are both falling whilst Hughes is drifting across the board.

Any news on Leicester manager Nicko? Billy Davies?

As much as we'd all love to see Arshavin in a Rovers shirt, he's on huge wages at Zenit (£50k basic plus huge bonuses) and would cost around £11m.

So Bentley level wages then? or what he has been offered. Nicko said he's available for £10m - not sure if it's negotiable???

I don't think it will ever happen, it's just nicer to dream of this, than panic over whether Hughes will go or not!!

Still want to know how much Farfan would cost tho.

I think for the time being it might be as well to forget potential targets - there is an over-riding issue here.

And that's another reason why you just have to hope it is all sorted out at Chelsea soon.

The timing of this is bongo.

I think for the time being it might be as well to forget potential targets - there is an over-riding issue here.

And that's another reason why you just have to hope it is all sorted out at Chelsea soon.

The timing of this is bongo.

Nicko forgive me if this has already been mentioned but what is the overriding issue

Am I the only one who remains confident Hughes will stay?

I just can't see past Mancini for the job, he seems to tick every box; big name, big reputation, the trophies, top level experience, experience of handling big egos.

Chelsea keep bleating on about wanting to improve the public image of Chelsea as well...so maybe this could be one occasion where our (unjustifiably) unpopular bully-boys tag may come in useful.

(even odds on at Williams Hill).

10/11 on now!

Are you sure you haven't missed something Nicko? Just strange that the market for Mancini has crashed best odds are 7/4, with most in at 6/4.

Am I the only one who remains confident Hughes will stay?

I just can't see past Mancini for the job, he seems to tick every box; big name, big reputation, the trophies, top level experience, experience of handling big egos.

Chelsea keep bleating on about wanting to improve the public image of Chelsea as well...so maybe this could be one occasion where our (unjustifiably) unpopular bully-boys tag may come in useful.

I keep changing my mind every 5 mins, Mancini does tick all the boxes but who knows what Roman is thinking ? Does he want the big name ? He will be very popular with fans if he does appoint Hughes and there are rumours of Zola working alongside him as well.

I don't want Hughes to go but if he does he is leaving the club in a strong position, all the top players are tied down to long contracts so there won't be players leaving on mass and if they do then we will have plenty of money to give to the next manager.

I just hope this is sorted soon.

If Hughes goes it will be a loss but the club will get over it. If Bentley goes it will be a loss but the club will get over it. I don't know why people are panicking.

Hughes to Chelsea will mean compo for us and a host of people wanting to be our manager. We will have a wide array of qualified people to choose from, plus the usual chancers who get bandied about for every job going (Souness, Bobby Robson etc.). If Hughes does go he opens up the Old Trafford door to Roy Keane as I doubt Man U will touch him after being involved at their new rivals. It's been stated that he would love to manage clubs he'd played for, I wonder how high Man U is on the list? Or does he go for the bottomless pit of money that is Chelsea?

If Bentley leaves Rovers will receive a big fee for him. We hold all the cards right now. As someone pointed out earlier, it's not in his best interests to spit his dummy out and pout as he wants to play regularly for England. Could be another interesting summer.

You're right about the compensation. I hardly call Sir Bobby Robson a chancer - he's currently battling with incurable cancer - but I get your point. I'm afraid I can't see further than us getting lumbered with Allardyce though - who have you in mind on a shortlist?

If Hughes was to depart my top 2 names to replace him would be Bilic and Laudrup, in that order of preference. Ince would probably be up there too but i think its too soon for him, plus i think he's an idiot.

In the end i think that the first two wont be interested and Ince will not be considered...so Allerdyce or McClaren it is!

You're right about the compensation. I hardly call Sir Bobby Robson a chancer - he's currently battling with incurable cancer - but I get your point. I'm afraid I can't see further than us getting lumbered with Allardyce though - who have you in mind on a shortlist?

I would have liked trappatoni(sp)when the newcastle speculation was going on ,but now,hmm,billic :tu: , shearer :rover: ,steve mclaren :lol:

If Hughes was to depart my top 2 names to replace him would be Bilic and Laudrup, in that order of preference. Ince would probably be up there too but i think its too soon for him, plus i think he's an idiot.

In the end i think that the first two wont be interested and Ince will not be considered...so Allerdyce or McClaren it is!

Those would be my 2 faves for the job too.

It would be a shift in policy for rovers to appoint a foreign coach, even while other clubs have jumped on this "foreign is best" bandwaggon rovers stick to british , personally i would like to see shearer at the helm with an exp. no2 because it would bring so much to the club in terms of finance & interest from other prospective investors , realistically we are looking at managers out of work i.e mclaren , allardyce possibly hoddle or managers at clubs that we can pinch without too much compo

So your third choice of manager is somebody that you deem to be a complete idiot? I'm with you there BUT I'd be glad if the matter of managerial selection should arise that you leave it to somebody else. :rover:

It would be a shift in policy for rovers to appoint a foreign coach, even while other clubs have jumped on this "foreign is best" bandwaggon rovers stick to british ,

Rovers don't always stick to that at all. They tried to get Sven but it fell apart at the last minute.

It always has to be the best man for the job. Regardless of where he was born and who he supports.

IMO Bilic is a quality manager and would be very high up my list for when Hughes leaves for old trafford in 3 years time :P

Personally i think appointing Shearer would be an appalling move by the board. Its simply too big a risk - He has Zero experience and would be off like a shot again when Newcastle came calling.

Mr Drog - yes my third choice is someone whom i deem to be an idiot. However, i still think he's one of the best up and coming English managers at the moment. And that is more important than my personal opinion of him.

Should be an exciting summer!!

Archived