BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

A Villa fan I know on a different board reckons he's definitely off after these International games are over.

Finnan and Benayoun going the other way.

lol, what a pathetic mismatch.

I hope that's the only situation I see Barry setting up Gerrard in. I think he'll stay, I've said it since the start and until it is absolutely staring me in the face, it's what I'll keep on saying. He could demand to go...but his not that type of character, it's going to take something big for MON to sell someone so key to what we're doing. Can Liverpool afford him the way they're pussyfooting around? Player exchanges, single figure bid....they want to start throwing the Michael Carrick type fees at us then maybe we'll actually even value is as a real offer. Finnan can stay where he is, I'd take Benayoun as a squaddie for a couple of million, other than that.... (Please don't use that word again) they're rejects.

No doubt the papers tomorrow will go into a gooey mess over Barry and Gerard teaming up at Liverpool.

Randy Lerner has appointed himself as CEO at Villa- interesting move! I have looked up Lerner, Hicks and Gillett and unless I am mistaken, there is probably a bigger gap from Hicks and Gillett up to Lerner in the wealth stakes (and certainly in class) than there is in football terms from Villa up to Liverpool.

And of course all three have ownerships in US sports so could quite easily talk about this and that and of course Gillett and Hicks have some big Liverpool debts that need rolling this autumn (fall).

I wouldn't be so sure that Gareth Barry will be heading to Liverpool.

Yep your top line is correct, they certainly will. Lerner has a lot more class than the embarrassments that are Gillet and Hicks. The public arguments and pettiness has been pathetic watching on as an outsider, is no wonder people slag of american owners, but then we got about the best one you can get, his backed us with money, the director of Villa his right hand man General Krulak signs up to our main forums to get fans views and answer any questions we have, he posts regularly on all. It's a great set up....I really like Gareth and I hope he sees his future lies here. I think he will regret leaving, if his gonna go to a top four club at least not to the runt of the litter, with that #### of a manager and that circus in the boardroom.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never mind the CVs but given the hypothetical choice between Hughes and Mancini for the Rovers job, who would people on here pick?

If you are looking at the long term, to sort out the Chelsea ego's and build a team to be dominant i would go with Hughes.

If you are looking for a short term fix i think Mancini would be a better candidate.

It sounds like Roman wants results quick and if the new manager doesn't win trophies at the end of next season the manager will be sacked.

Wigan will try, Newcastle will sell if they go a bit higher, but N'Zogbia is a big head and thinks he is better than them.

Around about midnight on August 31 this one will go through... ;)

N'Zogbia is welcome at Villa at around midnight on August 31st if he so wishes :D

Wigan will try, Newcastle will sell if they go a bit higher, but N'Zogbia is a big head and thinks he is better than them.

Around about midnight on August 31 this one will go through... ;)

Better than wigan you mean i take it?

:unsure:

its times like this with all the speculation about Bentley and Hughes i get really depressed at being a rovers supporter....always seems 1 step forward 2 steps back, everytime we get on the brink of something good ....grrr

cmon nicko give me some good news, lie to me if you have to

Was just reading Kevin Gallachers column in the LET, and it struck me how much I generally agree with what he writes about the Rovers. I did a quick search and he appears to have done the eufa 'b' licence. He obviously has an affinity with the club, possibly a shout if Hughes does leave?

Michael Bradley. Big honest boy, runs around, can't remember him actually kicking it to a team-mate. £4.5 million? You are having a laugh.

I thought he was pathetic - even in a very bad USA team he could not look remotely like a footballer. Over rated, over priced and Rovers don't need him over here. I would not give £1 mill for him. Rovers can do better than buy Michael Bradley.

I thought he was pathetic - even in a very bad USA team he could not look remotely like a footballer. Over rated, over priced and Rovers don't need him over here. I would not give £1 mill for him. Rovers can do better than buy Michael Bradley.

How many games have you been watching him in to form this opinion?

How many games have you been watching him in to form this opinion?

I accept I am judging him on one game - maybe I'm harsh in my judgement. But this was his moment to put himself in the shop window and show what he could do against premiership players and in my opinion he failed miserable. I agree with Nicko with regards to his passing. He may well play better for his club and in the league he plays in. But tonight I saw nothing in the player that Rovers don't already have in the players they have now.

On another subject - It is also my opinion that Hughes is NOT leaving Rovers -

I thought you couldn't judge players from TV... ;)

Yep, good point but how do you know I wasn't there Le Chuck? :)

But seriously and it may sound daft at first but I think one cannot judge quality as easily as lack of it from watching TV.

Nicko, any news regarding Hull City? How much money do you reckon Brown will have at his disposal?

Are rovers actively searching for players at the moment or are we just concentrating on keeping hold of Hughes & Bentley et al.? Im concerned that we will miss out on targets due to this!

Donis to replace Hughes if Chelsea decide they want him!

Anyone utterly under-impressed by this should watch the excellent Chileans against Italy in the Toulon final tomorrow.

Skill and a serious game of football.

Not sure if you noticed one of my posts on the Chileans Nicko but i just wanted to know the situations with there top talents, do any of them look like they could be moving this summer and is there any interest from the prem?

Players like Mark Gonzalez, Arturo Vidal, Jimenez and Fernandez. Have you heard much of the lad Jorge Valdivia?

Oh and is the game on SKY?

Never mind the CVs but given the hypothetical choice between Hughes and Mancini for the Rovers job, who would people on here pick?

Yes quite right, let's forget the qualifications and experience and ask the Rovers fans, silly of me not to think of that.

Yes quite right, let's forget the qualifications and experience and ask the Rovers fans, silly of me not to think of that.

I was just suggesting looking at it with a different perspective- in a hypothetical choice between Hughes and Mancini for the Rovers job I would imagine a lot of people would plump for Hughes.

The other different end of the telescope problem we have and this is admittedly only from talking to a highly unscientific sample of one Maltese Chelsea supporter but he wants Hughes because the Rovers game he remembers is last season's FA Cup semi-final.

The Rovers not only gave Chelsea a huge fright (and he reckons Chelsea were very very lucky to get to the new Wembley) but played the sort of vibrant committed attacking football he wants to see Chelsea play.

With regards to Barry leaving Villa, it all depends on what Lerner wants to do. Jack Walker made sure Alan Shearer never joined Man U and Lerner certainly has the financial muscle to make sure Barry doesn't join the club Lerner is trying to replace in 4th place in the EPL. Liverpool on the otherhand are totally in hock to the Royal Bank of Scotland with Hicks and Gillett hardly in a position to withstand a much bigger bully who finds their pressure points- a ruthless and unsporting Forbes-listed billionaire would probably find a way of making sure a Liverpool bid for Barry did not materialise.

I'd like Bentley to stay, but if he goes, he goes, the same with Hughes, nowt I can do about it.

So back to transfers coming in, we're desperatly short of any type of pace in the team. Bents is our only player that can beat a man and he isnt particularly swift.

So Nicko, are any of the people we're being linked with quick enough to cause any problems to defences?

Not sure if you noticed one of my posts on the Chileans Nicko but i just wanted to know the situations with there top talents, do any of them look like they could be moving this summer and is there any interest from the prem?

Players like Mark Gonzalez, Arturo Vidal, Jimenez and Fernandez. Have you heard much of the lad Jorge Valdivia?

Oh and is the game on SKY?

Saw it, wasn't ignoring you. I just didn't catch the names of the players - and as it was Eurosport there was little accurate info to go on...no line-ups or anything.

Morales stood out a mile, others caught the eye but were possibly too small for the Premier. However they were good to watch as was the Ivory Coast for that matter.

The game with Italy in the final will be on Eurosport tonight.

I think i would go as far as give bents away for free as long as we kept hughes

Yeah it's really odd that Bentley is reckoned to be worth up to 10 times more than Mark Hughes. Like I told a red scouser last week 'you lot just don't get it...... it's not Bentley that will improve your situation it's Hughes.'

Archived