BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

Nicko, Burnley's wage/income ratio is the worst in the top 2 divisions, Derby excepted which presumably is a bonus promotion issue.

Does this indicate some financial problems for your mate Coyley?

Flood's whole plan is about turning Turf into some small time shopping mall.

It's a good job they have a good manager...let's just leave it at that.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or Bowen could be the next manager if Sparky goes to Chelsea?

Nooooo...appointing the assistant manager from a previously successful set-up NEVER works. Bolton and Wigan just about got away with this year by accepting they made a mistake very early on. Countless other sides have tried it with no success, including ourselves.

To be honest, I've read/seen/heard nothing to suggest that our success is down to anyone other than Hughes and whoever scouts the 'unknown' players. I'm not sure why Bowen has earned a great reputation on here, in fact I'd rather he did leave if Hughes went so that the new man could assemble his own backroom staff that he was comfortable with.

Don't know if the Ten Cate news is good or bad, but it does suggest that a new man will be appointed with his own men :unsure:

They still have Steve Clarke.

I would think most managers bring their own staff anyway, including international ones who employ old mates, like Mr Hughes did.

Don't know if the Ten Cate news is good or bad, but it does suggest that a new man will be appointed with his own men :unsure:

MANCINI & ZOLA??

i think that would satisfy 99% of chelsea fans

If Hughes goes I expect Bowen will follow and we'll really be up sh!t creek.

Why...there are other managers out there (and coaches).

Admittedly it is a critical decision on who is the successor but managers don't stay forever.

4 years is a long time for a manager to be a club, the average I believe is less than 2.

So change would come sooner or later anyway....and sometimes if a boss is at a club for a long time it can make things very difficult for his successor.

True. But who could genuinely match up to Hughes and would still consider themselves modest enough to come to us?

Rovers are consistently top half in the best league in the world and pay a managerial salary that perhaps only a dozen clubs anywhere beat with much to spare. The club is also hugely regarded as perhaps first equal best run club in the EPL and for giving the Manager the freedom to manage the footballing side whilst providing him with a top quality support team

I bet John Williams' phone is already ringing with discrete enquiries and if it comes to Hughes actually leaving, Rovers will have 50+ candidates worthy of serious consideration without having to do any approaching themselves.

Rovers will have a very different calibre of candidates to chose from compared with Bolton's thin list when LFS was given the push.

It wouldn't surprise me if Williams has been looking at the possibility of who will come after Hughes long before this Chelsea interest.

Sparky has been linked to pretty much every job that has come up over the past year or so. I get the impression Williams is very shrewd and would have been following the progress of some managers.

People keep harping on about who we would get, don't forget that Mark Hughes came to us with no club management experience at all. There are hidden gems out there i'm sure of it. Need to look at all of the options available if the worst comes to the worst.

I'm still hopeful they'll go for someone else.

It wouldn't surprise me if Williams has been looking at the possibility of who will come after Hughes long before this Chelsea interest.

Sparky has been linked to pretty much every job that has come up over the past year or so. I get the impression Williams is very shrewd and would have been following the progress of some managers.

i was thinking the same thing.

Archived