BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Assistants don't often make good managers. We don't want another Brian Kidd situation

yes but does the same apply to Carlos Quieroz?? He has been credited with Uniteds success this season...I think Fergy is only a front, and Quieroz is really running the team and will takeover once Ferguson leaves

Plus if Hughes takes over at Chelsea, he will be ruling himself out of the United job, dont think he would want to do that.

yes but does the same apply to Carlos Quieroz?? He has been credited with Uniteds success this season...I think Fergy is only a front, and Quieroz is really running the team and will takeover once Ferguson leaves

Plus if Hughes takes over at Chelsea, he will be ruling himself out of the United job, dont think he would want to do that.

Talk about clutching at straws! I'm not convinced that Hughes looks at the united job as his end goal. He's an ambitous man and will go to wherever he thinks he can make an impact and win trophies. He'd be mad to turn down Chelsea.

I think he's perfectly capable of manging the egos of a top top club and attracting the players he needs too. If he's offered the job he's off. Simple as.

Just noticed this from yesterday's LET.

http://www.thisisblackburn.co.uk/display.var.2304340.0..php

There is an amazing couple of paragraphs in the middle, relating to who backs Sparky and who wants Scolari.

This has NEVER been in print...and was only ever mentioned here.

I might have said this before, but somebody seems to be getting their info from around these parts...

Anyway, no further news. Roman wasn't giving much away over supper on his yacht last night. :lol:

Anyway, no further news. Roman wasn't giving much away over supper on his yacht last night. :lol:

Nico whilst dinning with your mate Roman did you not put a good word about your other mate "The new Bill Shankly"

Nico whilst dinning with your mate Roman did you not put a good word about your other mate "The new Bill Shankly"

Roman has been fascinated by him since his Dumbarton days... ;)

He used to take the Learjet to Boghead on any spare evenings.

Any truth nicko in the harry kewell to celtic rumours..........player i've always liked watching and imo would be good competition for pederson in our squad...........people always point to his injurys but surely on a free would be worth a punt ??

Any truth nicko in the harry kewell to celtic rumours..........player i've always liked watching and imo would be good competition for pederson in our squad...........people always point to his injurys but surely on a free would be worth a punt ??

I just think he is too far gone to be a force again. The game is so fast and physical that someone who barely plays a handful of matches is a burden - even on a free.

Kewell has started 81 Premier League games in five seasons. He isn't getting any younger.

Celtic could be interested, only because the SPL might be less demanding, but the fact that so few have sniffed in England tells its own story.

There may be some clues in Scolari's press conference today...he will be pushed on Chelsea and it will be interesting to see the reaction.

Big Phil can be a loon at times, so it could get tasty if Sky Sports get up his nose.

Maybe irrelevant in the scheme of things but it's obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse by now that Hughes is not first choice. My guess is that Hughes is metaphorically 'sitting on the bench' cos Scolari is first choice. Otherwise I'm sure that if Hughes was he'd have been signed up with all deals done and dusted by now.

Maybe irrelevant in the scheme of things but it's obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse by now that Hughes is not first choice. My guess is that Hughes is metaphorically 'sitting on the bench' cos Scolari is first choice. Otherwise I'm sure that if Hughes was he'd have been signed up with all deals done and dusted by now.

Yup, completely agree. I would say if it was newcastle or Spurs that being clearly second choice might put off Hughes. But considering the gulf in finances, support, presitige and all that compared to Rovers it really doesn't matter if he was 10th choice provided he is offered the job.

Just hope if he does go he doesn't suffer the same fate as Duff, Sidwell, Grant etc. THere has to be about a 50% chance that if he takes the job now he will be out of it this time next year. There will be no time for shaping a side like he did at Rovers. A few bits of bad luck and he will be finished.

Archived