BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

An update after a long and slightly sweaty day...

Mark Hughes is being backed by several senior figures at Chelsea, Abramovich still has a dream about landing Scolari.

However Scolari won't give any form of commitment, so it is looking like Sparky will get the nod.

I think Scolari will be given an ultimatum shortly - maybe a day or so - and if he declines then there will be an approach to Rovers.

It needs to be that kind of time-scale for all concerned.

Why not Mancini? looks remarkably impressive on paper. Streets ahead of Sparky in terms of accomplishments

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lateral thinking time............

If attractive football and a win at all costs mentality tick his boxes then why doesn't the Russian simply ring up the old RFW? :)

Again why not Mancini, doesn't he have a rep for attractive footy?

More with the former than the latter, but in this case the former is parroting the latter, so I'm thinking the usual rule doesn't apply.

Good for Sparky - he's been the bridesmaid often enough and we can't complain if he is poached by a Champions League finalist and winner of 2 of the last 3 EPL's.

As to the replacement, I'm hoping for a hat-trick of correct predictions as I plumped for both Souey and Hughes. For me, the lesson is that we need a young, hungry guy who sees what us doing well can offer in his career development, and someone with impeccable player credentials who can dominate the cry-babies with a resounding show us yer medals.

That means no to BFS. Bowen etc and a well-earned promotion for Paul Ince, perhaps assisted by Mike Newell.

Onward and upward

Paul Ince for me too

Nicko, how sure are you that Rijkaard isn't going to be the next manager?

I think I said yesterday what the script was - and it still remains so.

Kenyon, Arnesen, Zahavi - all vote Hughes. Working on Roman who likes the idea of Scolari.

Nobody else in the running.

The Press is relatively quiet and hasn't yet picked the vibe on Hughes (American and EiT- sorry but you have hexed the hex).

Vituperative attack on Chelsea from the Telegraph

They list Bruce Buck, Piet de Visser, Eugene Tenenbaum, Eugene Shvidler, Pini Zahavi plus Kenyon himself as the people Abramovich is seeking advice from whilst The Sun reckon Abramovich has spoken to Carlo Ancelotti.

Apparently Klinsmann has been approached to break his agreement with Bayern and said no.

Meanwhilst, Mancini's agent has described Mancini as depressed by the Inter sacking- hardly a brilliant thing to be doing if he is a runner for the Chelsea job and rather suggests Mancini's selection of hangers on is poor which will be a huge black mark at a club where hangers on are so important.

This Independent article is by far the most in-depth analysis of the Chelsea situation this morning.

I still think that one hint from anyone anywhere near Putin and Hiddink will be completely off-limits for the Chelsea job and almost certainly is already with the report that his contract extension to manage Russia through the 2010 campaign was signed this week. And surely Abramovich will not be so lacking in touch as to be seen disrupting Russia's Euro 08 preparations- the popular feeling against oligarchs and (sadly) Jews in Russia is such that even those running a "managed democracy" would act.

I think I said yesterday what the script was - and it still remains so.

Kenyon, Arnesen, Zahavi - all vote Hughes. Working on Roman who likes the idea of Scolari.

Nobody else in the running.

Looks like Terry's penalty miss is going to cost us our manager then. Pretty sure Grant would of stayed there had that gone in.

I agree with a few other posters, Bilic would be a good choice for manager for us, I like his attitude in the interviews I have seen him do in the past.

The Press is relatively quiet and hasn't yet picked the vibe on Hughes (American and EiT- sorry but you have hexed the hex).

Vituperative attack on Chelsea from the Telegraph

They list Bruce Buck, Piet de Visser, Eugene Tenenbaum, Eugene Shvidler, Pini Zahavi plus Kenyon himself as the people Abramovich is seeking advice from whilst The Sun reckon Abramovich has spoken to Carlo Ancelotti.

Apparently Klinsmann has been approached to break his agreement with Bayern and said no.

Meanwhilst, Mancini's agent has described Mancini as depressed by the Inter sacking- hardly a brilliant thing to be doing if he is a runner for the Chelsea job and rather suggests Mancini's selection of hangers on is poor which will be a huge black mark at a club where hangers on are so important.

This Independent article is by far the most in-depth analysis of the Chelsea situation this morning.

The Inde article is from Monday. The Telegraph - as usual - are a bit slow.

Klinsmann is a load of tosh from a bunch of London fannies who didn't know what was happening yesterday.

Sparky story on back of Mirror. Wasted, but in there.

Oops- missed the dateline on that Independent article online- the Inde are obviously pretty proud of it given it is still heading their online coverage of Chelsea!

Telegraph- from having provided stuff for their arts section if they have as rigid an approach to how they fill their sports pages then its no wonder they are a bit slow.

I see Blatter got a commitment to his 6+5 from 2012/3 yesterday. Is this as real as the introduction of debt provisions in licensing clubs for international competitions that came in during 2007/8?

Mancini has to be in the running now Nicko. The Script is set for Jose to take over at Inter and Mancini to go to Chelski.

Why would they want Mancini?

He may have won the title 3 years in a row but the first one had no Juve, and Milan on deducted points. The second one had a Juve and Milan sides that who were rebuilding, and this season they had by far the best squad in the league and only scraped the title on the final day of the season.

They have also been poor in Europe.

Why do you think he has been replaced?

EDIT: and boring football

From today's Mirror :-

Bingo for Bentley as he hits the road

Derek Mcgovern 28/05/2008

David Bentley wants out of Blackburn - and the only surprise is that it took him so long to realise it. Top-class wingers should not be wasting their time at Ewood Park, and neither should Bentley.

Nicko, next time you see this idiot, give him a punch from me. :angry2:

Why do you think he has been replaced?

You still have to win the league, just because other teams aren't performing doesn't mean you can discredit the achievement. Success breeds confidence.

The main reason he isn't boss is because Jose is better IMO.

What football do Chelsea play at the moment? Boring football but get the win.

What will they play next season regardless of the manager? Boring football.

I'd rather keep Hughes, so talk Mancini up!

Edit: Nicko, Which area does Derek Mcgovern live and which team does he support? I feel like writing an e-mail slagging off his area and team.

Not doubting you for a second nicko, but I find it hard to fathom why Chelsea would prefer Hughes over Mancini. It's not like we're famed for our flowing football.

I just know that they do - I'm not in a position to ask why.

Anyway, why not? Hughes knows the game here inside out, Mancini knows Italy.

From today's Mirror :-

Bingo for Bentley as he hits the road

Derek Mcgovern 28/05/2008

David Bentley wants out of Blackburn - and the only surprise is that it took him so long to realise it. Top-class wingers should not be wasting their time at Ewood Park, and neither should Bentley.

Nicko, next time you see this idiot, give him a punch from me. :angry2:

What a plonker! Obviously knows nothing about football. We made Bentley who he is!

Archived