BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rangers In Manchester

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Ste B @ Aug 5 2008, 20:04 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure Celtic will take up the challenge.

Both as bad as each other.

Thirty years ago, yes, but not now. Celtic get invited to participate in ten times the amount of testimonials that Rangers do mainly due to their massive and (relatively) good natured support. They have their moments but generally the Celtic support is sound.

QUOTE (Ste B @ Aug 5 2008, 20:04 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure Celtic will take up the challenge.

Both as bad as each other.

Absolutely correct. Both clubs are rightly reviled by any decent minded person.

How will we cope knowing that they won't be around to thrash another European city this coming season :unsure::lol:

Care to comment on those Celtic supporters who danced in jubilation at the site of the Manchester bomb? They seemed to marvel at that particular devastation of Manchester. I can't blame United's hooligans for belting them the last time they visited Manchester.

As for tonight's game, I was going to back Kaunus but thought Rangers would bore their way through, as usual. Oh well...

Priceless, just priceless.

take it you got the same pleasure when those fabled freedom fighters of the pira bombed manchester,warrington.canary wharf.enniskellen.......seeing as your real clubs fans hero worship them at every opportunity

take it you got the same pleasure when those fabled freedom fighters of the pira bombed manchester,warrington.canary wharf.enniskellen.......seeing as your real clubs fans hero worship them at every opportunity

Grow up silly, silly little boy. I am 1- not Irish and 2- not Catholic. I do not, and have never, supported the IRA and wouldn't know a rebel song if it bit me. The only song I really know that might be of that ilk is "the fields of Athenrye" and I'm not 100% about all of the words of that.

And the UDA and UVF weren't saints either.

Love this line from the opposing manager

"They are a very strong team and Kaunas are a small club. Our championship is not a very strong championship - it's very different from Scotland.

Not strong, different from Scotland?!?!?

Grow up silly, silly little boy. I am 1- not Irish and 2- not Catholic. I do not, and have never, supported the IRA and wouldn't know a rebel song if it bit me. The only song I really know that might be of that ilk is "the fields of Athenrye" and I'm not 100% about all of the words of that.

And the UDA and UVF weren't saints either.

so if your neither irish/catholic why do you travel from london to glasgow to watch the ira sporting division at every available opportunity and then come on here spewing your anti souness/rangers bile ?? just a coincidence ?? silly silly little mixed up girl

so if your neither irish/catholic why do you travel from london to glasgow to watch the ira sporting division at every available opportunity and then come on here spewing your anti souness/rangers bile ?? just a coincidence ?? silly silly little mixed up girl

Having read both yours and Jans last posts one of you is a bigot - and it's not her.

Now, just to shock you, it's perfectly possible to be non-catholic and a Celtic fan. I've been a Celtic fan since I could say the word. I come from a football-agnostic household therefore was allowed to choose my own team. I don't like Souness from his time at Liverpool and his pathetically inadequate performances for Scotland. I can trace my dislike to one Scotland performance where he did not step outside of the centre circle the entire time, and as a result the midfield was completely nullified. And the commentator kept saying "he always plays much better than this for Liverpool, it's as if he isn't trying". I was about 10 at the time. I hadn't a clue what team he liked. In fact I hadn't even learned that Celtic was Catholic by that age. Religion was much less of an issue in my village, Alloway than in Glasgow. I don't much like Rangers. Most people on here don't much like Burnley. Same difference to me. Nothing to do with religion or politics.

And there are a lot of Celtic fans who feel exactly the same way that I do about the club.

You didn't have to justify yourself Jan apart from to those with no ounce of intelligence.

Thanks. Just clarifying.

And I became a Rovers fan because when I qualified as an accountant, and had time to watch footy on the TV again, BSB and Sky merged. Scottish footy disappeared and I was left wondering what to do. Watching football from a neutral position didn't interest me, so I looked about for a team to support. At that moment, Kenny Dalglish (who is God in a footballing sense) became manager of Rovers, and I took it as a sign. (sort of like the star in the east). I've been a Rovers fan ever since. I've been a Rovers season ticket holder since 1995 and a Celtic one since 1997 (when the new stands meant that season tickets became available to the masses)

Calling Celtic the 'IRA sporting division' is rich considering the bile Arthur Boruc got thrown at him by 'the people' last season for doing *shock horror* the sign of the cross, is that not allowed in Protestant churches?!

Go to any old firm and you get 'you dirty hun @#/?' and 'the ra' shouted one way and 'king billy' and imaginary flutes being played by the other . This faux outrage by either side doesnt wash.

Jim - you're really ............

George Galloway!

I have a lot of time for George Galloway, especially when it comes to Middle-Eastern politics.

Looks like Rangers have well and truly imploded, and their domestic season has yet to start. Still, I imagine their supporters will be singing their disgusting songs well into the night regardless... <_<

Killie for the SPL!? :lol:

I have a lot of time for George Galloway, especially when it comes to Middle-Eastern politics.

Looks like Rangers have well and truly imploded, and their domestic season has yet to start. Still, I imagine their supporters will be singing their disgusting songs well into the night regardless... <_<

Killie for the SPL!? :lol:

I'd go for Motherwell myself! If they've sorted that godawful pitch out.

I'd go for Motherwell myself! If they've sorted that godawful pitch out.

McGhee's doing a pretty good job at Fir Park. Future Celtic manager, perhaps?

Plus their european adventure will be much better than Rangers' ;)

So Rangers don't even qualify for the UEFA Cup as a consolation prize? Good grief! :lol:

Out of Europe in August... oh dear.

Celtic to comfortably make it Four-In-A-Row.

I wouldn't bet on it. While it's hugely satisfying to see the Gers dumped out of Europe by superior opposition, they'll be 6 points clear by December as Celtic struggle to get over yet another away loss in Lisbon/Donetsk/Milan/Munich/wherever. Both members of The Old Firm need to be in Europe so that one cannot gain domestic dominance over the other. I would be very surprised if Rangers don't clinch the title this season.

In any case there's a hell of a lot of ignorance being displayed on here. I was at two Old Firms last season and neither had anywhere near the aggression or barbarism (in the stands) that one associates with the event. Sure there's a lot of heated rivalry, taunting and one-upmanship but the vast majority of people simply watch the game. Hell, even the Rangers fans acted in a relatively civilised manner.

Steady on buddy. We've got enough problems without that nonsense.

They may have to sell some of their stars to compensate for an estimated loss of £15m ?

What star players would that be then ?? Wee Barry couldnt hack it in England and I cant see him going to Celtic ! He would appear to be the only "star" at the club worth any money.

Archived