BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rangers In Manchester

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must remember to ###### and puke around Glasgow streets next time I'm there. Actually, no-one would notice in Glasgow, but you get my point.

200,000 jocks bringing Manchester to a halt is a story in itself ; that a fair number of them brought shame on their crappy little country by behaving abominably is an even better story.

Huns and Fenians they're all the same: scum.

I've little time for people who can't see beyond stereotypes.

From my experience Glasgow is a great city full of great people.

I work up there regularly, and also had my stag do there last weekend.

20 English blokes out on the ale for two nights, none of us had any bother whatsoever, all the locals were welcoming and helpful, we went to Celtic v Hibs on Sunday and again no bother to be seen anywhere in or around the ground or the city centre.

Crap curry (we're spoilt in Darwen) - but apart from that, first class.

If there is anyone out there with a memory that goes back 40 years...I am sure Rangers were actually banned from Manchester after a riot at a friendly with Man U around 1972.

I thought that was actually a 'lifetime' ban and explained why the cops stopped them playing Bolton in a pre-season game a year ago.

If anyone can confirm that it would be appreciated. The cops have not been helpful on this subject. Can't think why.

I was at that game with a mate. Friendly? Haha. They were on the pitch fighting before the game and walking past the Scoreboard End prior to the game, I've never seen so many empties in my life (beer bottles or sweaties, take your pick!).

Football violence was rife then. It would have made the papers but not on the scale of Wednesday night. Can't remember if a ban was put in place in the aftermath. We left Old Trafford with five minutes to go and basically just ran for it before WW3 broke out.

Incidentally there were more arrests at Rovers v ManU weren't there?

correct there was. Every year the degenerates who crawl out from under their manc stones to follow man utd cause trouble at ewood, trash pubs in darwen, abuse innocent passers by etc etc. Now its happened on manchester's own doorstep. Its a simple case of what goes around comes around

gav does your debs drive a blue car with a rovers sticker in the back and drives towrds abbey village in a morning? if yes she cut me up in my wagon yesterday nr the toll bar hahahaha i pipped and she never even flustered hahahahaha

Takes no prisoners that one :lol:

I've little time for people who can't see beyond stereotypes.

I didn't really stereotype anyone Tris. Manchester town centre did stink of urine/vomit/stale beer the day after the match, not to mention the tonnes of garbage everywhere.

0805footbal011.jpg

_44658483_10rangers27_pa_466b.jpg

My comment about no-one in Glasgow noticing was tongue-in-cheek, but wouldn't qualify as a stereotypical comment if it wasn't anyway.

The vast majority of the 100k+ Rangers fans that came to Manchester were a credit to the club and helped boost the local economy to boot.

People urinating and being sick in the street happens every Friday and Saturday night in every town and city up and down the country.

Nothing new Lechuck.

True. As usual, the peerless and hilarious Fiver hits on the ridiculousness of it all.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/fiver/0,,415657,00.html

2 excerpts from the Guardian ........

"The outcome? One stabbing, 42 arrests and the brutal beating of a lone policeman by a gang of at least 30 brave O'Rangers fans (another copper was hit so hard his electronic earpiece had to be removed from his head by doctors, while a third had several teeth knocked out by a Glasgow kiss)"............

.........."Uefa mouthpiece William Gaillard. "I can't believe that any other city would have done anything better," he whooped. Here's hoping Moscow's baton-happy riot police aren't given any reasons to set him straight next week."

I'll tell you what I dread to think of the police reaction and the consequences thereof if BRFC supporters had done similar damage to the cops in Kracow! Anybody who went there will know what I mean. :o

It's nothing new, but the scale of Wednesday was incomparable to a Friday/Saturday in Manchester. It doesn't take a massive clean-up operation in the town the day after a usual night, nor does the town reek. I often go out in Manchester on Friday then go in to town on the Saturday, so I can say this with 100% certainty. The only thing I've seen come close to what Rangers fans did there is a music festival, but even they look and smell better even after 3/4 days of partying.

I'd be interested to know the figures regarding the economy. Didn't most places have to shut? I can't see where they've made enough money to pay for massive clean-up operation that's been needed since the final.

I didn't really stereotype anyone Tris. Manchester town centre did stink of urine/vomit/stale beer the day after the match, not to mention the tonnes of garbage everywhere.

0805footbal011.jpg

_44658483_10rangers27_pa_466b.jpg

My comment about no-one in Glasgow noticing was tongue-in-cheek, but wouldn't qualify as a stereotypical comment if it wasn't anyway.

that first picture is the back entrance to my office - i had to come out the fire exit and down there and the smell was horrible. Its getting better now but my god it needs to rain soon!!!

People urinating and being sick in the street happens every Friday and Saturday night in every town and city up and down the country.

Nothing new Lechuck.

and just as despicable Gav.

Me and a few mates at the semi final at old trafford ran into some rangers fans ,me mate got butted as they walked past ,they walked off ,so we went to challenge them (ahem)and they pulled blades out ,we declined the dual of the blades and they went off singing some ###### song.I wanted them to get beat just for that reason ######!Its just a coincidence,Yeah right. :angry::brfc:

Right then

we have all seen the news reports and media pictures about how this motley crue in skirts ran riot after the leccy went out.

On arriving in Manchester the atmosphere was simply great. Good humoured, plenty of drink, no nastiness associated with English/Scottish and in general a bloody good laugh. That was 2.30pm.

4.30pm things were turning sour. The drink affected skirt wearers were gradually getting nastier and unsteady on their scottish feet as the old anti Celtic songs came to the fore.

6.45pm in the ground in the exec suite, quite a few in the ground whilst some of the Scots who were guests like me were in very good spirits, plenty of jokes but all good humoured. The 3000 Zenit fans already in the ground were singing and dancing.

7.40pm Zenit fans were easily outsinging the Rangers fans.

7.45pm ditto with above as the game went off. Strange atmosphere considering Ally McCoist claimed the ground was going to be jumping. The only things jumping were the Zenit fans bobbing up and down.

8.30pm half time Rangers fans deflated as the drink/drugs and lack of libido in their team kicked in. Very strange atmosphere but still the Zenit fans have some serious fun.

8.45pm second half - Rangers do not appear interested in going forward although after brief 10 minutes they all go back behind the ball, the fans in Blue are silent.

9.10pm 1-0 Zenit, a deserved lead. For me it took the wind out of Rangers sails, the fans sunk in disbelief and the hopes of a quadruple are trashed.

9.27pm 2-0 Zenit game well and truly finished. Russkis rejoice the gers fans sink to their knees and start being sick as pigs in the realisation the dream has finally popped.

9.43pm the trophy presented to Zenit, a well and truly deserved cup win.

In the exec lounge, the scots had simply disappeared. Not ONE stayed behind for the freebies and sarnies laid on by the brewery - I couldnt believe it as originally there were 40 of us now we were just 14 !!

As we left the council owned Manchester Stadium we ventured into the City which was simply awash with the sickening sight of drunken/sick ladened jocks in frocks. The atmosphere had changed dramatically. As we crawled past the crying hordes it was funny to see a group of Manchester hoodies winding the frock wearing scots up, the sides 10 hoodies versus about 50 marauding jockense skirt wearers clashed resulting in the hoodies taking out some 10 or 11 of the group with ease before disappearing gangster style.

We then reached the main stay in the City, Picadilly was a nightmare jocks were everywhere. Nasty ? you aint seen anything. if you didnt speak jockenese you got a gobful of spittle/abuse or whatever. One poor Asian shopkeeper refused to open the door to his shop due to the amount of alcohol looting going on, he got panned out whilst his shop got raided. Numerous cars got damaged with bottles and cans being thrown all over. The idiots were even fighting amongs themselves.

For me, I dont take the excuses offered by the club, by the council or by the fans groups. Those idiots should be banned as should the club. They then blame the council and remark about other clubs. Well as I ventured into Europe with Rovers the only trouble I witnessed outside the grounds was when the Africans tried to rob a Rovers fan in Salzburg and lost and the 2 German idiots who thought it good to wind a female Rovers supporter up and also came off second best. I cant compare the Rovers supporters who caused the trouble at Leverkusen inside the ground because they too are scum.

One thing has struck me after all of this. Does anyone else think that we should let the jocks devolve themselves from us ? I think we should let them go and rebuild the wall across the country like Hadrian did all those years ago.

Savages ? No just pure scum :angry:

The vast majority of the 100k+ Rangers fans that came to Manchester were a credit to the club

Is that the trendy thing to say?

A small minority can't leave a city centre left as it was, you couldn't see the streets or pavements for rubbish and I believe what is reported about the stench.

I'd say a small minority came to Manchester and were a credit to their club, the vast majority were pi$$ed up scumbags who's sole intention was to get as drunk as possible. I'll bet they're having a good laugh about it right now.

It seems to me the only sensible solution is to shift the Community/Charity Shield to Glasgow and allow the people of Manchester to partake of some Glasgow 'hospitality' in the same way the jocks did in Manchester. <_<

One thing has struck me after all of this. Does anyone else think that we should let the jocks devolve themselves from us ? I think we should let them go and rebuild the wall across the country like Hadrian did all those years ago.

Savages ? No just pure scum :angry:

That's fine mate, you go ahead and rebuild Hadrian's wall and then I won't be able to make it to Ewood next season - which would be unfortunate, cos as we keep saying on here we need all the support we can get, no??

It's not acceptable to use other racist terms, so why is it considered OK to use the term 'jock'? Please be in no doubt whatsoever that Rangers fans do not represent Scotland, they represent only their own ignorance and a club rooted in prejudice. There are plenty of us up here who can have a good time and follow a Scots team without pissing in the street, fighting cops or singing about the Pope. For the benefit of Scots who actually support Rovers a bit more understanding of this distinction would not go amiss.

That's fine mate, you go ahead and rebuild Hadrian's wall and then I won't be able to make it to Ewood next season - which would be unfortunate, cos as we keep saying on here we need all the support we can get, no??

It's not acceptable to use other racist terms, so why is it considered OK to use the term 'jock'? Please be in no doubt whatsoever that Rangers fans do not represent Scotland, they represent only their own ignorance and a club rooted in prejudice. There are plenty of us up here who can have a good time and follow a Scots team without pissing in the street, fighting cops or singing about the Pope. For the benefit of Scots who actually support Rovers a bit more understanding of this distinction would not go amiss.

Well said my friend. I'd like to point out that there are also plenty of Rangers fans capable of being so without indulging in any the above. I know this, because I'm one of them.

The sweeping generalisations going on are quite astounding. Particularly, as mentioned previously, by football supporters from a country with the track record that England has.

Some people (LeChuck is a good example) have managed to comment in this thread and condemn the goings on in Manchester this week without being needlessly offensive to a large group of people. And some haven't.

That said, decent folk should always condemn this behaviour. These boneheads in Manchester have behaved abominably and whether other countries and fans behave badly too is by the by. In footy fan terms, they have cost United fans watching the CL final in their own city, and damaged England's World Cup bid for 2018. They have also caused terrible physical injuries to innocent people. What gives them the right to do this? The only good thing to come out of this sorry episode, is that it puts back by about 50 years any further lobbying by the Bigot Brothers for entry into the Premier League. Would Manchester fancy that shyte 4 times a year every year? Celtic v Chelsea or West Ham anyone? Millwall v Rangers in the Cup - fancy taking your kids to that one? Celtic fans singing Boys of the Old Brigade in Birmingham, Manchester or London or anywhere else the IRA slaughtered the innocents? Nah, they can keep their poison North of that Border.

Yes, I'm sure you'll agree that the levels of violence on display though were no more than we used toi get trying to get out of Clitheroe on the last bus after a Burnely defeat back in the 80s. I think the Huns are not pro joining the EPL anyway nowadays (thak God) but I can't see their brand of bigotry as being any worse than that which is displayed in many English grounds each weekend. I maintain that the only differnece is the number of people who were there.

Yes, I'm sure you'll agree that the levels of violence on display though were no more than we used toi get trying to get out of Clitheroe on the last bus after a Burnely defeat back in the 80s. I think the Huns are not pro joining the EPL anyway nowadays (thak God) but I can't see their brand of bigotry as being any worse than that which is displayed in many English grounds each weekend. I maintain that the only differnece is the number of people who were there.

Bol locks.

Why is it all you Scot's are finding it hard to condemn the scumbags that trashed Manchester, trying to paper over it by bringing up other issues.

Archived