BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rangers In Manchester

I'm looking over to Piccadilly Gardens too, and I've never seen anything like it.

Buses stopped, trams stopped, shops closed, roads closed.

There was an estimate that 100,000 would come down, and that might have been right.

I suppose that when it'd your first European final since 1972 and it's being played a couple of hundred miles down the M6 then it's as good as a home game.

The atmosphere was tense & electric at lunch time when I went out to the bank. God knows what it'll be like by KO. If they get beaten I don't suppose there will be much of Manchester City centre left by tomorrow.

Oh, and the amount of beer - even at 12:30 - was mind-boggling.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm looking over to Piccadilly Gardens too, and I've never seen anything like it.

Buses stopped, trams stopped, shops closed, roads closed.

There was an estimate that 100,000 would come down, and that might have been right.

I suppose that when it'd your first European final since 1972 and it's being played a couple of hundred miles down the M6 then it's as good as a home game.

The atmosphere was tense & electric at lunch time when I went out to the bank. God knows what it'll be like by KO. If they get beaten I don't suppose there will be much of Manchester City centre left by tomorrow.

Oh, and the amount of beer - even at 12:30 - was mind-boggling.

I jumped off the train yesterday evening at Halifax and there were three getting on the train to Manchester even then. They looked as though they would slum it and start drinking at breakfast time this morning.

One of the owners at the bar I work at was talking to me about how the night before the opening game of the '98 world cup (Brazil v Scotland) the bar he was working in at the time was invaded by Scottish fans. He said that by the end of the night they had drunk literally every drop of alcohol in the place, regardless of what it was, which under normal circumstances, even with busy nights and without new stock coming in, would take quite a while (particularly on the non-beer, non common liquors).

I work close to Albert Square and the place is a complete mess; a load of foul drunk yobbos using historic buildings as open lavs as the cops look on.

usual anti- IRA songs

But apart from that, they are a great laugh! I wouldn't expect anything less to be honest.

I was over at the second Old Firm a couple of weeks back. I went with a Celtic supporters club, of which I'm not a member and they weren't singing The Wheels On The Bus, that's for sure.

Just come back on the train from Preston, where they all have to change. Absolute chaos in Preston and the trains are crammed full. They're even on Leyland station.

Still chaos at 5.30pm

I even stayed at work late to try and avoid some of it! :lol:

You work at a bar?!?!

I've mentioned it twice. I'm sorry T4E, I thought the story applied, it's an amazing feat when you really think about it. You can put that in the category of the "Italian girlfriend".

I've mentioned it twice. I'm sorry T4E, I thought the story applied, it's an amazing feat when you really think about it. You can put that in the category of the "Italian girlfriend".

Ah the ''Italian girlfriend..''

She really got me through the summer we sold Duff..

Archived