BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sky Sports Team Of The Season

Did anyone watch Sky Sports's team of the season programme last night?

I only watched the first 15 minutes of this farce of a programme in which Redknapp and Gray were picking their team of the season. I turned off as soon as i saw their shortlist for keeper of the season. The three goalkeepers on the shortlist were:

Hart

Reina

James

Surprise, surprise no Friedal... :angry:

I checked out the full team this morning and saw it posted on a forum:

D James

G Johnson

R Ferdinand

M Laursen

J Lescott

C Fabregas

M Flamini

S Gerrard

C Ronaldo

F Torres

A Young

No Santa Cruz... Did anyone watch the programme when they selected the strikers? was Roque shortlisted? What about Bents was he mentioned as a possible choice?

So what do you make of the so called experts team of the season?

I caught the opposite end of the programme..the last 15. So I saw the striker section, and they actually did give RSQ high praise, but according to them, because of their "system" they could only employ one striker so went with Torres, which I guess can't be argued with. I'm guessing that Bentley was in the shortlist for the right wing berth as well, but to be honest who was to challenge Ronaldo?

Your damn right about Brad though, it seems as if he's underestimated even by pundits like Gray and Redknapp.

I caught the opposite end of the programme..the last 15. So I saw the striker section, and they actually did give RSQ high praise, but according to them, because of their "system" they could only employ one striker so went with Torres, which I guess can't be argued with. I'm guessing that Bentley was in the shortlist for the right wing berth as well, but to be honest who was to challenge Ronaldo?

Your damn right about Brad though, it seems as if he's underestimated even by pundits like Gray and Redknapp.

They basically said that Bentley was the only challenger to Ronaldo's position on the right of midfield/right wing and that in fairness even he was miles away. Can't really argue with that I suppose.

I actually quite enjoyed the programme and didnt argue with two many of their choices. When it came to most positions thay had 4 or 5 choices but for RM they had 2, Ronoldo and Bents. Don't think anyone can argue with the choice they made. They mentioned Samba and siad that Warnock had a great season.

I missed the strikers unfortunately but guessing that they went for a 4 3 3 so torres might have been the best shout really.

Check out this muppet from Skysports:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11662_3460244,00.html

Manager of the Season: Steve Bruce

Best Buy: Jonathan Woodgate

Biggest Flop: Elano

EDIT: He also tipped Malouda to be the best buy of the season before it started

thats absurd...i disagree with elano being the biggest flop...Woodgate best buy,there is just one best buy of the season,and that is Roque.Steve Bruce,mmm i dont know about that.If it was me,i would have given it to either Avram Grant,or Roy Hodgson.

Steve Bruce did a pretty good job, you can't argue too much about that, although there are a few other candidates.

Woodgate certainly wasn't the best buy and Elano certainly wasn't the worst (I'd probably put him on a shortlist for best buys).

I did watch the start and the finish, and they said they were going to try to select a team that you could actualy put out to start a match with a 4 3 3 system. That meant that some very good players were not considered although they were discussed e.g. Roque, adebayor etc. These things are always subjective anyway. It's like these bargains and flops things. elano looked very good at the start of the season and tailed away when the weather got bad and the pitches got heavy. He wasn't a flop and he wasn't the best. On personal dislike grounds I couldn't give Steve Bruce the time of day but they did escape relegation before the end of the season and I suppose from a Wigan perspective that's success. The whole thing about these sort of team selections and so on is that they are meant to spark discussion not be the correct definitive answer.

Did anyone watch Sky Sports's team of the season programme last night?

I only watched the first 15 minutes of this farce of a programme in which Redknapp and Gray were picking their team of the season. I turned off as soon as i saw their shortlist for keeper of the season. The three goalkeepers on the shortlist were:

Hart

Reina

James

Surprise, surprise no Friedal... :angry:

An absolute joke not to have Friedel in that shortlist,cant believe it really.

This may have been mentioned elsewhere, but in the recent Sky review of the season TV programme (David Platt was on it and cant remember the other guy), they went through every club in the top 10 and discussed how well they did, or not so well..... of course, one club was not even mentioned....

This may have been mentioned elsewhere, but in the recent Sky review of the season TV programme (David Platt was on it and cant remember the other guy), they went through every club in the top 10 and discussed how well they did, or not so well..... of course, one club was not even mentioned....

No one likes us, we don't care, doo dah, doo dah :lol:

What is strange is the lack of United and Chelsea players on these lists: I mean look at the League table.

There are plenty of United players in these teams of the season lists. The lack of Chelsea players I think is down to their star players missing chunks of the season - the likes of Cech, Terry, Lampard and Drogba have all had extended spells out IIRC.

Good old Hansen, even when picking a dream team for the season he's still thinking of the back 4 as a unit! I think James has won out in polls because he adds to the English quota, which is rather low. We all know Friedel is the best, so who cares what the pundits think?

Archived