BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Euro 2008

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having watched about 70% of Germany's games over the past 4 years my opinion of them is that they will only be as good as the team they are playing (just better or slightly worse). It's very rare to see them play even weak teams off of the park as they are essentially set-up as an organised team that can break up play, remain solid at all times and hit you on the break. If they play the best team in the world they'll at least look the second best side around, if they play a bad team they look average. Against Turkey last night I felt like they didn't really know how to play. They knew that they were better and that they were favourites, but they were unable to break from their more defensive nature and so they ended up just looking confused and disorganised.

They will be better in the final and are perfectly suited to playing against either Spain or Russia. Germany's cup now for me.

I couldn't careless how far Spain gets.

I just hope Portugal can avoid France and Italy. Those are definetly our worst nightmares. But we can only meet them in the final.

Well, you avoided France and Italy!

Germany have been playing like a bunch of Englishmen with a bit of self-belief.

Poor. But they'll probably go and win it.

I really hope they do go on and win it - I have got Germany in the sweep stake!!!

Come on Germany

Germans to win it. Said it since the start and still say it now. They are more or less at home and I think they always manage to pull out the big touranments when they want.

I think their final experience compared to spains will be crucial and will help them. Also David Villa is out injured for the final.

anybody agree that this one of the great euros?

... better than 4 years ago and euro 96, and up there with euro 2000

Yes, because:

(a) England aren't there spewing detritus in a footballing chernobyl. (No need to watch Gerrard and Lampard making a pig's ear of trying to resemble a partnership: BLISS).

(B) Some teams are playing football (Spain, Russia, Holland, Turkey)

(c.) The self-important poser, Thierry Henry, suffered an ignominious exit.

Just to cap it off, Spain need to win. (Or Germany win by surprising everyone and playing schoen fussball).

At last! Although I've been switching to the 5Live commentary instead. The deadly combination of Motson and Lawrenson is just too much!!!!!

Yea I've been doing that too. At least Motson sounds like he is interested in the game. I really don't know why the likes of Lawrenson and Bright actually go - they just criticise everything and generally sound too bored to be there.

You can get 5/2 (ish) on Betfair for Germany to win the tournament and Villa to finish top scorer, looks good value at this stage.

..........but then Torres just scored. So screw that :-)

Archived