BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Euro 2008

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Credit to Spain they deserved it. Thought it was a poor final to be honest, very boring. Germany wouldnt score all night!

Could not disagree more...damn good final and although not quite as exciting as some of the games we have been treated to it was still intriguing all the way to end. There were loads of shots, opportunities, drama and end-to-end action.

Anyone else think that the bias towards Spain from the BBC was almost as nausiating as the bias toward MANU / Chelski/ leArse and Spuds.

I really wanted Spain to win, glad they did. Gary smug Liniker was the only poor point.

Anyone else thin k thathte bias towards Spain from the BBc was almost as nausiating as the bias toward MANU / Chelski/ leArse and Spuds.

I really wanted Spain to win, glad they did. Gary smug Liniker was the only poor point.

I agree. That would have been the only good thing had the Germans won - to see the look on the faces of Lineker/Hansen etc in the studio.

I couldn't listen to it. Nor Lawro and Motty, they do my head in!

I ended up on interactive with the 5 live commentary on, it was an improvement.

I did the same for a few matches, although there was a slight delay in the TV pictures compared to Digital R5. Still prefereable though,

Anyone else think that the bias towards Spain from the BBC was almost as nausiating as the bias toward MANU / Chelski/ leArse and Spuds.

I started watching the game as a nuetral but by the end of the game I was wishing for a german victory.

Why did they have to keep mentioning Liverpool all the time, in fact they used 'torres o'liverpool' that many times I thought he'd changed his name!! I'm sure when Holland played they never kept saying 'ooijer of blackburn'!

Why did they have to keep mentioning Liverpool all the time, in fact they used 'torres o'liverpool' that many times I thought he'd changed his name!! I'm sure when Holland played they never kept saying 'ooijer of blackburn'!
Earlier on in the tournament, the one that went past making me cringe, and actually made me angry was in one of the Holland matches - "Nice work from Van Persie and Robben there, making a nice Arsenal and Chelsea combination".

Er, no Motty, it isn't. berk.

I've long given up on the 'pundits' in the BBC studio and wasn't watching them during the Euros, put them on mute before and at half time as they kept coming out with the same old poo and showing that they didn't know anything - they should all retire with Motson. Stuck with the 5Live commentary throughout as well. The MOTD2 Euros during the group stages were an improvement though. I've always preferred them to the MOTD1 team.

If I was in the German camp, I'd take a 1-0 defeat and go home.

WTF. Did I hear Alan Hansen say something like that? Unbelievable - even by his standards.

The dullard committee could see no virtue in Germany. They couldn't see that Schweinsteiger (sp?) was doing remarkably well in trying to single-handedly leading Germany's attack. They couldn't see that Lahm was offering a useful attacking threat (although defensively not brilliant). They couldn't recognise that the Germans had displayed remarkable tenacity to get so far with so little. They couldn't appreciate the efforts of the rather clumsy German defenders, one of whom was continually charging up field in a desperate, dogged and admirable effort to force the issue - ultimately, futile.

They couldn't really make any coherent, specific criticism of Germany or identify tactical strengths for Spain, thus failing in their basic analytical raison detre and resorting to banal generalisations - "pass and move" YES HANSEN, that's what decent teams do, CAN WE MOVE ON NOW?

Yes, Spain were good but I want some balance and insight from pundits. I know it's just a time-filler and I may have gone overboard in my demands in previous years - but they could easily do so much better.

New football boots - 150 Pounds.

New haircut - 50 Pounds.

Providing your family with luxury accommodation for 3 weeks - 3000 Pounds.

Losing the Euro 08 cup final, Champions League final, Premier League final day show down, League cup final and FA cup quarter final all in the same season... F~~~ing priceless.

There are some things money can't buy but for everything else there's Ballackcard.

Archived