BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] We Want To Hear From The Rovers Trusties.

It was already in Mark Hughes plans when he took over as manager to leave Rovers for a top club job. He has always said that he was very ambitious to let his talent take him as far as he could.

What was not forseen is the way the trusties have failed to back the manager. With drawing of the annual payments - lack of investment etc.

What I find strange that there is never anything in the LET or local papers about the way the trusties are treating Blackburn Rovers. If there was more publicity about this then maybe the trusties would be embarrassed to do more. Jack Walker did wonders for Rovers, his hope would surely had been for the Rovers trusties to continue what he started. Instead it is my view they are letting him down and the club down.

I believe that John William's hands are tied and cannot do anything to encourage the trusties to do more - mores the pity. John williams has proved himself to be a very good chairman and an asset to Rovers which is something the trusties must have seen as well - yet still no encouragement or backing from them.

When was the last time we heard anything from the trusties? Has there ever been a spokesman from the trusties to speak about anything with regards to Rovers. If not WHY NOT? Is there a takeover on the horizon etc?

Rovers will recover from the loss of Mark Hughes - though who Rovers appoint will be interesting to see. Mark Hughes will leave the club in a better state than it was when he arrived. Who ever takes the managers job will have a good squad - who he will have to win over - put his own mark on the club - there will be changes for certain and rovers supporters must get behind whoever the new manager is and support the club, the players etc etc.

It was already in Mark Hughes plans when he took over as manager to leave Rovers for a top club job. He has always said that he was very ambitious to let his talent take him as far as he could.

I would be very worried if we got a manager who's only ambition was to manage us. You want someone who is highly motivated to suceed.

I would be very worried if we got a manager who's only ambition was to manage us. You want someone who is highly motivated to suceed.

Of course, a manager without ambition has no reason to try hard to suceed. John Williams and Mark Hughes have a good relationship and I believe that both are very shrewd operators in their own fields. If Chelsea said no the Hughes and he said no to City I would still be happy for Mark Hughes to stay at Rovers. The players know Mark Hughes will always want to go to a bigger club and therefore move at anytime - yet they signed for Rovers anyway.

Rovers want another manager who will be ambitiious and determined to suceed.

What was not forseen is the way the trusties have failed to back the manager. With drawing of the annual payments - lack of investment etc.

What I find strange that there is never anything in the LET or local papers about the way the trusties are treating Blackburn Rovers. If there was more publicity about this then maybe the trusties would be embarrassed to do more. Jack Walker did wonders for Rovers, his hope would surely had been for the Rovers trusties to continue what he started. Instead it is my view they are letting him down and the club down.

I believe that John William's hands are tied and cannot do anything to encourage the trusties to do more - mores the pity. John williams has proved himself to be a very good chairman and an asset to Rovers which is something the trusties must have seen as well - yet still no encouragement or backing from them.

When was the last time we heard anything from the trusties? Has there ever been a spokesman from the trusties to speak about anything with regards to Rovers. If not WHY NOT? Is there a takeover on the horizon etc?

Rovers will recover from the loss of Mark Hughes - though who Rovers appoint will be interesting to see. Mark Hughes will leave the club in a better state than it was when he arrived. Who ever takes the managers job will have a good squad - who he will have to win over - put his own mark on the club - there will be changes for certain and rovers supporters must get behind whoever the new manager is and support the club, the players etc etc.

the trustees are providing exactly what was stipulated in jacks will. its nothing to do with them being embarrassed into doing more.

I really do not understand this attitude. Why do we even bother turning out to play then? If we always have to settle for being the dirt rag before the big job, try to guess if we'll ever be anything more than where we are now.

I really do not understand this attitude. Why do we even bother turning out to play then? If we always have to settle for being the dirt rag before the big job, try to guess if we'll ever be anything more than where we are now.

Oh come on! Are you naive enough to think Rovers are the biggest club in football? That taking the helm at Ewood is the pinnacle of a manager's career?

We're a small club in a small town. That's not an inferiority complex talking or a lack of ambition talking, it's reality.

It's not 1995 any more. We don't have Jack's millions and we won't win the league again in my lifetime. That changes nothing! I'm Rovers til I die but I (and most of the folks on this board) accept that we're no longer the big fish we were in Jack's day but I'm still very happy that we're doing a load better than we were before Jack.

Oh come on! Are you naive enough to think Rovers are the biggest club in football? That taking the helm at Ewood is the pinnacle of a manager's career?

We're a small club in a small town. That's not an inferiority complex talking or a lack of ambition talking, it's reality.

It's not 1995 any more. We don't have Jack's millions and we won't win the league again in my lifetime. That changes nothing! I'm Rovers til I die but I (and most of the folks on this board) accept that we're no longer the big fish we were in Jack's day but I'm still very happy that we're doing a load better than we were before Jack.

Well yes, we're definitely doing much better than could be expected, but I for one don't accept "well this is as far as we'll ever reach". I do think if we kept our best players and had staff who put Rovers ahead of themselves we could reach higher. But the reality is that isn't happening and that's why we can not progress further.

hello all,

that is just what I was thinking why do we never hear from the trustees? as stated I refuse to believe this is as far as we can go why no news on the takeover I agree with what the bloke on SSN said the Walkers need to decide either back the new manager or sell the club anyway have started a petition and I hope you will all sign it I think it reflects the mood inside this club about the finances of this club and something has to change sooner rather than later anyway the link to the petition is below:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Walkers/index.html

Laters all.

hello all,

that is just what I was thinking why do we never hear from the trustees? as stated I refuse to believe this is as far as we can go why no news on the takeover I agree with what the bloke on SSN said the Walkers need to decide either back the new manager or sell the club anyway have started a petition and I hope you will all sign it I think it reflects the mood inside this club about the finances of this club and something has to change sooner rather than later anyway the link to the petition is below:

Laters all.

I understand the sentiments but cannot sign as the petition is worded.

I would have thought that the trustees have some degree of interpretation in so far as ensuring that the intention behind the wording of the trust is given full effect, so as to ensure that the trust itself is honoured?

Perhaps this is how we should be pressuring the trustees, rather than backing them in to a corner.

The fact that they are trying to sell the club however shouldn't interfere with their duty to do the best they can for it while they still have control, and I think that it is.

Jack's money, Jack's dream, Jack's dying wishes...but the Trust to me seem to be more interested in £ signs rather than focusing on why they are there in the first place. If I am wrong then so be it, but most of us are wondering what is going on and in light of the lack of noise coming out from the Tust we are bound to all draw our own conclusions...

The fact that they are trying to sell the club however shouldn't interfere with their duty to do the best they can for it while they still have control, and I think that it is.

Agreed, until such point as the club is sold, the manager should still be getting their full backing financially.

Agreed, until such point as the club is sold, the manager should still be getting their full backing financially.

I don't suppose we'll ever know, but I wonder if the trustees feel any kind of responsibility for the departure of Hughes, or whether they care. From the link I provided earlier of the JW interview on radio lancs, it was on the cards since the Newcastle vacancy came up that Hughes was looking for out. I wonder what efforts the trustees made to keep him?

It's disappointing that The Trust has not been giving us the backing that could have meant Hughes staying. I disagree with posters who claim there was nothing available in January.

There are good players all over the world and I imagine Hughes knew of some. 5 million on 1 or 2 have made a big difference and we could have got half of it back in prize money...

It's not good enough for the Trust to be withdrawing funding just because of the TV deal. I was under the impression that funding was to make up for having lower gates, which we still have.

The amount the Trust have been spending on Flybe is infinitely more than what Hughes needed over the last couple of years and we could have been a much more attractive club to buyers.

I'd love the Trust to issue another statement about their role and what they see for the future but I think they forgot about us a while back...

The Trustees are nothing more than absent landlords. We can only hope they do not wait for a full on crisis before feeling compelled to provide backing and

to act in the best interests of the club.

The more I think about the Trustees the more annoyed I get. The money in lieu of bums on seats being stopped is a good example. Sure we got more TV money but then so did everyone else so we actully ended up worse off relatively speaking.

Obviously none of us really know what their responsibilites are but I think we have a good idea and I certainly feel that Jack's legacy is being abused by people who are happy to earn money off the back of his empire (albeit indirectly as I dont think the Trustees get paid?) and care nothing for his passion towards Rovers. It really is a disgrace.

Of course I might be doing them a great disservice but I don't think that I am. The only way to stop the ill feeling is to come out and communicate to the fans, and I think we are owed that at least...

Jack Walker spent money on Blackburn Rovers because it was his passion. Having achieved what he achieved in the business world gave him the time and money to invest in the club. At heart he was a fan but one who had the resources to make a difference at the club.

The Trust however are businessmen who no doubt view the club in a different light. It is just one small part of the business empire that they have been entrusted to look after. It's not a profit making operation as the club still owe the bank a large sum of money.

The overheads at the club are huge. Not only have the players wages to be paid, but all those who work at the Academy, the Senior Training Complex and Ewood Park have to be paid.

We are only improving our gates by dropping the admission prices to rock bottom. If we set our prices at the same levels as many of the other Premier League clubs we would struggle to get 20,000 for many games.

The club has been for sale for some time but according to John Williams there is not one person who has come close to taking it on.

The Trust aren't going to pour more money in and the club will have to stand on its own feet. Ultimately, we may not be able to maintain a top ten place with the present level of investment but hopefully we can maintain Premier League status. At present I fear that's the best we can hope for. We are fortunate to have John Williams and Tom Finn at the helm in the present circumstances.

Obviously none of us really know what their responsibilites are

You are quite correct there and for some people to be throwing comments around about them being a disgrace is very disrespectful. People seem to make things up half the time just looking for someone to blame. No one knows what there actual role is or what they are meant to hand out. As its already been said if they are looking to sell why plow more money into the company. Try looking at this from a business point.

I certainly feel that Jack's legacy is being abused by people who are happy to earn money off the back of his empire (.

Even if Jack was still around today even his money couldn't compete with some of the madness that is going on at the moment. I think people need reminding about Leeds and should be grateful for what we have.

Also, Parsonblue - well said.

hello all,

Laters all.

As much as I would like to hear from the trusties of Blackburn Rovers - I could not sign this petition because of the wording used. Supporters would like to hear from the trusties, plead with them maybe to support the club financially. The reality is that the trusties have been good for Rovers - but it was only Jack Walker who liked football and had a passion for Rovers. You cannot force a passion on to anybody. What you can do is try to encourage. possible kindle a desire.

In the case of the current situation with Rovers and the trusties all Rovers supporters can do is plead with the owners to support the club more fiancially and yes to hear from them more.

As its already been said if they are looking to sell why plow more money into the company. Try looking at this from a business point.

It seems fairly obvious that in recent years the Trustees have been trying to get away without spending any money and Hughes helped them achieve that admirably. I bet they'd take 7th place in the League for minimal investment until the cows come home.

That approach might not work however with a new manager and might prove to be a false economy in the long run. The Club only has a significant value as a Premiership outfit.

Jack Walker spent money on Blackburn Rovers because it was his passion. Having achieved what he achieved in the business world gave him the time and money to invest in the club. At heart he was a fan but one who had the resources to make a difference at the club.

The Trust however are businessmen who no doubt view the club in a different light. It is just one small part of the business empire that they have been entrusted to look after. It's not a profit making operation as the club still owe the bank a large sum of money.

The overheads at the club are huge. Not only have the players wages to be paid, but all those who work at the Academy, the Senior Training Complex and Ewood Park have to be paid.

We are only improving our gates by dropping the admission prices to rock bottom. If we set our prices at the same levels as many of the other Premier League clubs we would struggle to get 20,000 for many games.

The club has been for sale for some time but according to John Williams there is not one person who has come close to taking it on.

The Trust aren't going to pour more money in and the club will have to stand on its own feet. Ultimately, we may not be able to maintain a top ten place with the present level of investment but hopefully we can maintain Premier League status. At present I fear that's the best we can hope for. We are fortunate to have John Williams and Tom Finn at the helm in the present circumstances.

Very good post.

People accusing the Trust of just seeing £ signs are correct in a round about way. That is what the Trustees are there for - to preserve what Jack built and maintain his business legacy. Unfortunatley throwing vast somes of Trust money at an investment that will provide no return and has already cost the Trust a small fortune to keep at the level it is (i.e Rovers) is simply not good business sense. Therefore the Trustees won't do it.

As I siad in another post, we are now at a point where with some significant funding for transfers we could try to move the club to the next level. However, there are two problems with this - (1). The Trust probably doesnt have the sums of money needed readily available, (2). Even if they were to provide the funding and it all worked out, they still wouldnt get any return on their investment.

Very good post.

People accusing the Trust of just seeing £ signs are correct in a round about way. That is what the Trustees are there for - to preserve what Jack built and maintain his business legacy. Unfortunatley throwing vast somes of Trust money at an investment that will provide no return and has already cost the Trust a small fortune to keep at the level it is (i.e Rovers) is simply not good business sense. Therefore the Trustees won't do it.

As I siad in another post, we are now at a point where with some significant funding for transfers we could try to move the club to the next level. However, there are two problems with this - (1). The Trust probably doesnt have the sums of money needed readily available, (2). Even if they were to provide the funding and it all worked out, they still wouldnt get any return on their investment.

If you were selling your car would you just change the oil when needed or would you install an expensive new sound system?

Archived