BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Next Then?

den

Next manager?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. With the withdrawal of Alan Shearer, who's your first choice now?

• Bilic
    • Ince
    • Allardyce
    • McClaren
    • Mancini
    • Michael Laudrup
    • Advocaat
    • Henk Ten Cate
    • Berg
    • Dark Horse - Grooby
    • Martinez

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it worth putting Martinez in there? Probably not, but you never know.
Good spot.

Nicko's doing a great job of persuading people that Ten Cate is the man. I reckon no-one knew anything about him pre-Nicko. :)

Agreed, i knew the name but that's it - Everything else has been learned in the last few days.

Spotted it because i actually think he's a decent option, and the more i think about it, the better it gets. Going back to the "checklist".

Martinez is used to the area, proven in the transfer market, has a back room team, is used to the premiership, works on a budget, favours attractive football (Even with Swansea), has contacts all over Europe. The only thing he's missing is a "big name" and the benefits that go along with that - Pulling power, crowd appeal, headline maker etc.

Potentially worth a shot i think.

I'd be happy with any from HTC, Laudrup, Martinez and Ince.

Staying clear of McLaren and BFS, although they seem to want the job (or so their mates in the media would have us believe). I hope the interviews are very in depth about who they're after. Would rather Rovers go for a manager that has the ambition to want to try and take Rovers to the next level and has some good contacts in the game, than to just survive in the Premier League aiming at being happy at reaching the 40 point mark.

It's hard to pick a preference from the realistic candidates (therefore excluding Bilic to begin with). I'm not excited about any of them being our manager but I wouldn't be disappointed by the appointed of one of a few names on the list. I think the feeling is credit to the job Sparky has done for us.

It's a decent guess that Rovers may be interested in Bilic and, as is their way, keeping very quiet about it.

Equally, we may have enquired through his agent and been given the bum's rush.

I still prefer Bilic to any other candidates mentioned, but in the absence of anyone saying he's in the mix, and picking from those know to be looked at, I guess I'll go with Henning Berg.

I've wanted Bilic since the start, their performance so far against the Germans just reinforces that. I really don't think it will be him though, it doesn't sound like we're interested from some reason.

It's a bit of a sorry state after that. Despite not being convinced at all by his CV, Ten Cate seems the best of the lot. After him I have no idea, it would probably have to be Allardyce. I've just heard Ince talking on SSN, he doesn't sound very bright (added "y'know" after every three words) and that's something very important for top level managers nowadays.

It's a bit of a sorry state after that. Despite not being convinced at all by his CV, Ten Cate seems the best of the lot. After him I have no idea, it would probably have to be Allardyce. I've just heard Ince talking on SSN, he doesn't sound very bright (added "y'know" after every three words) and that's something very important for top level managers nowadays.

I completely agree with you. However, I have been critcised for being overly negative without reason. Ask other football fans what they think of our short list - it is pretty poor.

I find it quite bizarre that some people are hailing Cate as some sort of new messiah without knowing that much about him. I agree that he has a great CV as an assistant, but that's about it. We are just speculating he must be great and would be a sucesss because of the clubs he has worked at. I am guessing most of the favourtism towards him is because the other candidates are so bad.

I am not blaming the club because there are few decent managers out there.

Archived