• Created
  • Last Reply
good time for a new Rovers song, what about:

"incey wincey's barmy army" ?

or

"he's black, he's blue...he's gonna screw you, Paul Ince, Paul Ince

he's fat, he's sad...he's signing on the dole, Alladyce, Alladyce"

"sad" and "dole" don't rhyme. That's where it falls over. :rolleyes:

I know afns shouldn't get the sway over certain footballing issues but imo this is one we should get a large vote in.

Ince may become a decent manager, but with the proven record and sway of Laudrup he is the clear choice for me and the majority of fans.

Michael Laudrup's Blue and White Army!

How many of the fans have spoken to these men. And more importantly, how many fans in reality know anything football other than matches they watch.

The people employing the new manager work with footballers, managers and football people every day, and have done for a long time. In comparision, fans know f**k all, and should have ZERO say on matters such as appointing managers.

Fact.

How many of the fans have spoken to these men. And more importantly, how many fans in reality know anything football other than matches they watch.

The people employing the new manager work with footballers, managers and football people every day, and have done for a long time. In comparision, fans know f**k all, and should have ZERO say on matters such as appointing managers.

Fact.

Rubbish.

A big factor in JW not appointing Fat Sam was the reaction of fans after he was linked with the post.

And I don't know if nicko has told the story of how JW came to interview Laudrup so I won't say, but that would pretty much blow your argument out of the water too.

Fact.

Breweries appoint managers -

Who ever is the new landlord I'll give him a chance to get his feet under the table but - If the beer served up is flat and cloudy, and I dont like the atmosphere or the manager then I drink elsewhere. Problem is when its your local you have to grin and bare it until the Brewery make changes. Usualy when the turn-over drops.

Fact.

You are big on facts, I see ?

We, the fans that pays the wages, are stupid morons and should shut the h... up ?

I dont know much, but I do know this :

Ince has been the manager of Macclesfield Town and Milton Keynes Dons. And I know of his lack of coaching badges - especially the UEFA Pro Licence.

Laudrup Has been the assistant manager of Denmark. He's been the manager of Brondby in Denmark, winning The Double and getting the Manager of the year award. He's been manager of Madrid's La Liga team Getafe CF, getting to the final of the Copa del Rey and the quarter finals in the UEFA Cup (lost in extra time to Bayern Munich).

FACT !

How do clubs owned by fans chose new managers? Would be good if they did a great british menu style/pop idol show. Some can be interviewed on tv and others can be just given marks out of 10 and then season ticket holders vote who they want.

Not sure who i want now, but at least if Ince gets it I can keep my name!!

"incey wincey's barmy army" ?

I had that one lined up! That's a definte winner!

We, the fans that pays the wages

Do we? We do chip in but I would expect that SKY pick up the vast majority of that tab to be honest. Then again it would go some way to explaining why I'm always skint come the end of the month. I must check my direct debit's, if there's one on that that says "Mr B. McCarthy" I'm not going to be happy.

Do we? We do chip in but I would expect that SKY pick up the vast majority of that tab to be honest. Then again it would go some way to explaining why I'm always skint come the end of the month. I must check my direct debit's, if there's one on that that says "Mr B. McCarthy" I'm not going to be happy.

And where do sky get their money from?

Fact.

I think anybody who followed football through the 90's will know all about the character and personality of Paul Ince. <_<

Incey Wincey's barmy army is so Gay.... :wacko::wacko::unsure::unsure:

You are big on facts, I see ?

We, the fans that pays the wages, are stupid morons and should shut the h... up ?

FACT !

Yes.

That's exactly what I said isn't it. :rolleyes:

Laudrup isn't as suited to the role as Ince in the opinion of the people who have worked with the past 5-10 Rovers managers on a daily basis for the best part of two decades now.

However, it should be the fans who should decide. Via a poll.

Yes.

Laudrup isn't as suited to the role as Ince in the opinion of the people who have worked with the past 5-10 Rovers managers on a daily basis for the best part of two decades now.

You'd be very surprised if you found out just how JW came to interview Laudrup...

Wish it was laudrup but don't mind ince at all. Similar to Souness, dont think he will take any ###### from the players. A bit worried about his ability to manage a premiership budget, especially with the impending sale of Bentley.

Good Luck Paul Ince!

Im just delighted it ain't Fat Sam or McClaren

Yes.

Just because they make the decision doesn't mean they are right. When the board appointed Kidd did they get it right then? Did they hell.

They could easily make a mistake and get it wrong this time. The CVs of the candidates are available for us all to read, we can all make a decision. Not getting to talk to them personally doesn't make much difference, it could all just all be a front to get the job anyway.

I'm not saying a poll should decide it, but to claim the board will definitely make a better decision than the fans because they talk to the candidates personally is completely wrong. Or FACT! Whatever.

I'm not saying a poll should decide it, but to claim the board will definitely make a better decision than the fans because they talk to the candidates personally is completely wrong. Or FACT! Whatever.

Jack Walker appointed Brian Kidd. He also appointed Roy Hodgson. John Williams and Big Bob Coar were the main people behind Souness' appointment, as Jack was quite ill at the time, and obviously the same personnel chose Hughes. All these guys were also around to see the fellas who mucked up who Mr Walker employed, so personally, I would put them ahead of myself and every other Rovers fan, individually or collectively, when it comes to the selcetion process.

And I never said they will definately make the right choice, I was dismissing Modes suggestion that the fans should have a say in the appointment. And to suggest the board meeting the candidates doesn't make much difference as to just reading the applicants CVs seems odd.

Of course it does.

I was dismissing Modes suggestion that the fans should have a say in the appointment.

Well, I can't really argue with that. Although it does seem we can rule people out of the race, the only reason Allardyce isn't in it now is because of the voraciousness of the opposition.

Although, as the two board favourites seem to Bilic and Laudrup, it's probably a shame we don't get to choose.

Edit: Please forgive the tone of my other post, I'm hungover and therefore grumpy. :)

Archived